Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

The current argument thrown around against what seems to be every striker who either fails with us or ends up being linked with us is always that their game has 'always relied on pace'.

Can we move on now and have a new point?

I doubt Eto'o has won 2 trebles relying on just his pace, otherwise we should fret as Walcott will probably win the Champions League and if not him then Lennon at some point. At least following this logic of; Pace = Success, Less Pace = No Success; we can see that Kiwomya will be amongst the best players in the world one day. Actually forget all this Rooney and Eto'o talk, let's sign Agbonlahor!!! PACE IS EVERYTHING TO A PLAYER!!

But seriously, this 'argument' of 'he no longer has pace' seems to be thrown around by people who later confess they've barely, if even at all, seen him play since his Inter days.

It's easy to look at a player who no longer grabs the local headlines, see that he's aged a few years and thus conclude he no longer has electric pace. I'm sure we've all done something similar at some point when we've wanted to enter the discussion of a player.

He's still one of the fastest strikers on the planet. Just watch an actual game of his for god sake.

As for the 'HE WOULD NEED TO DROP HIS WAGE DEMANDS' thing, I won't even go into that. It's common knowledge and doesn't need to be repeated every single page. We're not run by complete idiots who don't understand finance. They're not going to pay anything we can't afford.

Nice way to pick a little bit out of my argument then make a essay about it. I never put in my post that he's shit because he's lost his pace, no.

I clearly put once a player loses that vital part of who he was, he loses just about everything with it. It's the ultimate decline of a player. I love how you didn't quote me, you still scared?

Rooney is only target. It's clear.

And what about the second part of this sentence? "before the window closes we will make decisions if things change"

When he already said about Eto'o "we'll see what happens" (a few days ago), i think its clear that if we wont get Rooney we'll move to Eto'o.

Eto'o over rooney any day oooh that experience he comes with a big game player like drogba who we can still get 2 or more good years from....eto is a goddam athlete probably the best player of his generation in africa. At the right price and wage I'd go for him

I have a sneaky feeling we'll get him and try for Rooney as well... of course Ba needs to be offloaded first.

No way will we get both of them. Ba is not even on that much compared to what Rooney and Etoo get. We would be paying an astronomical amount of wages if we got both and it would be pointless. I think it would be unfair to get rid of Ba if we bought Etoo anyway.

Because Rooney would seem to fit our team as a player who can lead the line. I haven't watched Eto'o as much as some people but the reports suggest he has lost some of that pace that made him such a danger - was it his only weapon? Of course not. I'm sure there are strikers who lose their pace and still score 20-odd goals a season. Can't think of one off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone could oblige.

With Rooney's contract you also have to factor in his marketability which has been proven over numerous years - were you watching Anzhi matches purely because of the lure of seeing a 31 year old Samuel Eto'o who decided to play in the Russian league rather than compete at the highest level of football?

Did he leave for Anzhi purely because of the money or because he didn't have that hunger anymore? Maybe he felt he couldn't do it at the top level anymore? Which of those reasons makes him more appealing as a signing for a club with our aspirations?

Rooney earns a boatload of money playing second fiddle to Van Persie and he wants to leave because he wants to play football week-in and week-out. Eto'o earns a boatload of money playing in a nothing league and he would be happy continuing doing so except the money seems to be drying up, so all of a sudden he's got his hunger back???

This is why I don't want him. I get the impression of someone who still has scored goals but in a far inferior league and as you say I feel he realises the problems at Anzhi is going on so he thinks about his next pay packet. With Rooney, he will be on a lot of wages but he is younger and I get the impression that he actually wants to play for Chelsea unlike Etoo who really is after money. Yes, he will take a pay cut but he still will be earning a lot for a 32 year old. With Drogba, he obviously lost some pace but he has aerial ability and a lot to his game. Etoo, I think has lost a lot of that which is natural but I would rather him not here. I am sure he once he joined Anzhi he basically thought this is his retirement package so tbh I would rather him not here.

Jose Mourinho has suggested that Chelsea are ready to make at least one more bid for Wayne Rooney but has also now stressed that "different decisions" could be made and is refusing to rule out the possibility of turning to Samuel Eto'o.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10247897/Jose-Mourinho-will-consider-other-options-if-Chelseas-potential-final-bid-for-Man-Utd-striker-Wayne-Rooney-fails.html

Samuel Eto’o is ready to take a small pay cut in order to join Chelsea this summer – but he will still demand at least £300,000-a-week, his agent has revealed.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/16/samuel-etoo-will-only-move-to-chelsea-for-300000-a-week-reveals-agent-3926168/

:clown: LOL!

Samuel Etoo is ready to take a small pay cut in order to join Chelsea this summer but he will still demand at least £300,000-a-week, his agent has revealed.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/16/samuel-etoo-will-only-move-to-chelsea-for-300000-a-week-reveals-agent-3926168/

and thats that! I got the Impression listening to Jose earlier that Eto'o want a genuine option. When he said about him choosing to come public with his desire it just sounded like it was him driving things and not us

Samuel Eto’o is ready to take a small pay cut in order to join Chelsea this summer – but he will still demand at least £300,000-a-week, his agent has revealed.

Peppino Terri is not his agent

Again?

Chelsea are seriously considering a deal for Anzhi Makhachkala striker Samuel Eto'o. #CFC #Anzhi (Mail)

Samuel Eto'o is looking for a 2 year deal which Chelsea may offer once they exhaust their pursuit of Wayne Rooney. #CFC (Mail)

he will most definately add something to the squad with his track-record make it happen jose , so sick and tired of seeing torres in a blue shirt ..

you mean his track-record from barca times? or inter times?