Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

The Bundesliga has never been a nothing league and I don't know anyone who thought that. It's always been a top four league as long as I can remember.

Nor am I questioning his motives, simply pointing out that at the age of 30 he decided to go into what some might describe semi-retirement.

People have always rated Bundesliga far less than it should be. That's been a common stereotype.

Well it did seem like you did when you were wondering why no one else. apologies then .

Can't understand complaints about his wage....of course he is gonna take a fucking wage cut if he's gonna come here, and if the club can afford to pay him a high wage, then I see no problem. It's Eto'o we're talking about, one of the best strikers of 21st century, not Andy fuckin' Carroll :D:wank2:

Just thought, if he signs for us and win's the treble, he has won the "grand slam" treble, he will be the first ever to do that.

If he signs and we win the PL he will also be the first player to win La Liga, Serie A and The BPL

Can't understand complaints about his wage....of course he is gonna take a fucking wage cut if he's gonna come here, and if the club can afford to pay him a high wage, then I see no problem. It's Eto'o we're talking about, one of the best strikers of 21st century, not Andy fuckin' Carroll :D:wank2:

Eto'o's game was based on pace and explosiveness. Is the 32 year old Eto'o who plays for Anzhi still the same player he was in 2011?

Please, allay our fears and tell us he still has that same danger - or maybe we should be looking at putting him on the same speed training programme Torres has been on since 2011.

Very much agree. And like I already said previously, his crazy money contract at Anzhi is coming to an end in less than a year anyway so we could easily match it by dividing his current wages over a two year contract. By my calculations his €350k a week till June 30th 2014 contract is currently valued at approximately €16m so that divided by two years would get the player somewhere around £140k a week till 2015. He would probably be more than happy to accept it in order to make his return to top level football and the club's wage structure would remain intact. He could be willing to take accept even lower wages if he's desperate to work with Mourinho once again. It's not like Drogba is on 400k a week at Galatasaray either, he wanted to get his career back on track while he still had the chance so he ditched his mega money contract at Shanghai Shenhua to join Galatasaray on a relatively low contract by his standards.

If the club fail in signing Wayne Rooney, I couldn't think of a better alternative at the moment than Samuel Eto'o.

ronaldinho was the best player of the 21 century. so you would sign him now? whats that for a argument? etoo is nowhere near that level he has been for Barca and not even slightly at the level of Inter. people havent watched 1 game from him since he joined Anzhi and think he is still one of the best strikers in the world it seems. we should go for Ronaldinho, I mean he is incredible and Mou surely will fix him.

and by the way even if he takes a 50% pay-cut...that would be sill 10 m per year, you do realize? i dont see him earning 4 or 5 per year. that would mean he would be willing to cut-off 15 m per year.

Eto'o's game was based on pace and explosiveness. Is the 32 year old Eto'o who plays for Anzhi still the same player he was in 2011?

Please, allay our fears and tell us he still has that same danger - or maybe we should be looking at putting him on the same speed training programme Torres has been on since 2011.

Sorry I haven't structured my post the way I meant to say, of course I don't think 32 year old Eto'o is at the level as he was at Barca and Inter. But, he is still a brilliant player with great eye for a goal and pure class. Obviously we can't expect him to come and score 30 goals in a season, but having him around is a great influence for young players, it's good marketing and with his age, Lukaku would get more chances to play.

Of course, this is all in case if Torres or Ba leave. If they don't, then I see absolutely no point in bringing Eto'o here.

ronaldinho was the best player of the 21 century. so you would sign him now? whats that for a argument? etoo is nowhere near that level he has been for Barca and not even slightly at the level of Inter. people havent watched 1 game from him since he joined Anzhi and think he is still one of the best strikers in the world it seems. we should go for Ronaldinho, I mean he is incredible and Mou surely will fix him.

and by the way even if he takes a 50% pay-cut...that would be sill 10 m per year, you do realize? i dont see him earning 4 or 5 per year. that would mean he would be willing to cut-off 15 m per year.

Same as I said to The Only Place To Be :)

Sorry I haven't structured my post the way I meant to say, of course I don't think 32 year old Eto'o is at the level as he was at Barca and Inter. But, he is still a brilliant player with great eye for a goal and pure class. Obviously we can't expect him to come and score 30 goals in a season, but having him around is a great influence for young players, it's good marketing and with his age, Lukaku would get more chances to play.

Of course, this is all in case if Torres or Ba leave. If they don't, then I see absolutely no point in bringing Eto'o here.

There is, Torres should not be playing under any circumstances, i would happily see him frozen out until he goes, ive had enough of him.

Same as I said to The Only Place To Be :)

ok, than I understand your point. well, I think that he is better than Ba is atm, but it all depens on his wage and if Anzhi will release him.

I would like him here instead of Rooney. Rooney may be 5 years older but if Eto'o comes for say 1 or 2 years, Lukaku will suddenly be more than ready afterwards. Rooney coming will disrupt Romelu more i reckon. Also i already like Eto'o and will fall in love with him immediately because he's not a cunt and well.... he's good friends with the Drog. He'll have to take a pay cut, he's gonna have to join someone.

And a free transfer?! Nobody can argue with that.

Eto'o's agent has been in England for further talks with Chelsea [Gazzetta dello Sport].

Amazing, not a single UK paper has picked up on this, shame on you UK!!!

Or perhaps, just perhaps this is the biggest bunch if BS to have been suggested in the last fortnight. Time, as ever, shall tell...

All you lot praising him have very short memory's

. Also i already like Eto'o and will fall in love with him immediately because he's not a cunt and well.... he's good friends with the Drog. He'll have to take a pay cut, he's gonna have to join someone.

He is a cunt remember this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-340706/Etoo-fury-Chelsea-victory.html

All you lot praising him have very short memory's

He is a cunt remember this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-340706/Etoo-fury-Chelsea-victory.html

Heat of the moment and all that. He also criticized Jose there but their relationship couldn't be better after their time together at Inter so who are we to think otherwise? Less than three months down the road and not a single official match yet and some people have already forgotten all the 'In Jose we trust' talk. :doh: