Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

Eto'o: "Today I am 33 and it is not because a fool called me an old man that you must believe it. The old man was better than the youngsters."

A needless dig at the club and at Jose, kind of a cuntish thing to do.

Well he is right, Mourinho was a fool for that comment, that's why Mourinho was mad at the french media.

He would have never said that in public, so that it came of record it made him look like a fool.

Eto'o: "Today I am 33 and it is not because a fool called me an old man that you must believe it. The old man was better than the youngsters."

A needless dig at the club and at Jose, kind of a cuntish thing to do.

Could be a dig at his ex, who claimed he was 39.

If it was about Mourinho, you have to say it was deserved. He is out of contract and there's nothing stopping him from speaking his mind.

Well it was a shit comment by Mourinho to be honest, tongue in cheek or not. So can't really blame Eto'o for having a similar dig.

He goes down in folklore for being a big-game player this season, so much respect and adios for the cameo :tophat:

This is rather hilarious especially if Eto'o really said what he said.. Two grown up men bickering over an 'old player' comment in the media. :doh:

Then again, Mourinho and Eto'o probably know each other well enough to take those comments made with a pinch of salt...

He wasnt talking about Mourinho...

I don't think so either. We don't have youngsters playing in the attack and he would never take a jab on Hazard like that. Also it was in a WC context and wasn't there some kind of comments about him (not sure if about his age) that even led those NT retirement articles some time last year? Also the context of the answer is ironic when he says something along the lines 'thanks for letting me know I'll play my last world cup' maybe someone in the NT management staff made a comment about it being his farewell WC because a few lines later he says he feels like he could be playing two more WC.

I think it was entirely something about the NT. I don't really remember what kind of drama happened last year when L'Equipe or another French newspaper even publicized an article about his retirement from Cameroon.

Also it would make me really sad if their relationship (he used to be one of those players that only had amazing words to say about Mourinho) got strained because of a stupid comment. But if he indeed meant Mourinho, sorry, but the comment does make Mourinho sound like a fool.

Like others said it was Mourinho's mistake, so he had it coming...

But at this point, do we really have to care what Eto'o says or thinks at this point...its not like all our hopes of building a team around him have been dashed...

He was a great professional,gave everything he had, and played well for us.

He did a joke about it against Manchester United, and wisely Mourinho respected his reaction. Mourinho knows he made a mistake.

I think he is an example as a player, and even sad with Mourinho he did what he was told to do and didn't gave any problems.

Right now he can say what he wants.

He has a bit of a cheek Etoo slagging Jose, he was f***** rubbish 19 goals between 3 strikers. Jose didn't ever say anything that wasn't true. IF he had been Etoo of old we would have walked the league but he wasn't. He was so inconsistent we came 3rd

He has a bit of a cheek Etoo slagging Jose, he was f***** rubbish 19 goals between 3 strikers. Jose didn't ever say anything that wasn't true. IF he had been Etoo of old we would have walked the league but he wasn't. He was so inconsistent we came 3rd

If you read the whole interview, you will realise that he meant his ex and not Mou. Like Drogba and Eden he is french soeaking. Lost in translation methinks. This is more like a trolling reporter who sees a story bout Mou being more juicy yhan Etoos ex.