Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

Meh. If not for Mourinho he'd probably still be in Russia getting verbally abused every game and playing like a 12 year old.

In Russia, making 20,5 mln per year, after winning 2 African Cups, 2 Intercontinental Cups, a bunch of Ligas and Copa del Rey, a Serie A, 2 Italian Cups, an Italian Supercup, 3 Champions League (with 2 Trebles)... oh yeah, Mourinho saved him.

On the contrary, I'd say that, if not for Eto'o, Mourinho wouldn't have a freaking Treble in his palmares.

Despite the "problems" in the past between Chelsea and Eto'o, he came here, and while clearly past his prime (that was obvious, you wouldn't get a prime Eto'o free), he gave it all for the team, scored 12 goals in no more than 30 games or so, and showed to be a top professional; also, the youngsters (especially Hazard) benefited from his experience and mentality.

Agreed. Eto'o seemed close to Mourinho and spoke highly of him, so to find out he was making jokes about him behind his back must have pissed him off.

I have no problem with Eto'o's comments, if anything he deserves credit for how tame they are because I can name many players who would have been more blunt.

Completely agree, especially with the bold part.

Eto'o used to "love" Mourinho because he thought he was one direct guy, who tells you the truth in your face: he obviously feels betrayed by Mourinho's backstabbing.

Think about Mourinho saying something so disrespectful about Didier? Would you be happy?

So, if I were Eto'o, I would be pissed aswell.

Does anyone have any link to the video or audio of those interviews? His way of saying the aforementioned comments would make things clearer.

For all we know, both Mourinho and Eto'o are probably laughing about this right now though if not, it's really silly two grown up men bickering over something like this in the media...