Chelsea v Aston Villa

Jase

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for now I think he may repeat the team - adding Mata or not depending on his condition, or he will be cheeky and just use Mata in the second - to add some minutes - and have a 'surprise' for Moyes next weekend.

I agree with that, I hope Mata isnt used from the start against Villa. It would be great for Mou to give Hazard-Oscar-KDB another run out. Having Mata completely fresh for the United game would be awesome.

Bring on Moses for KDB at 65 mins, Van Ginkel on for lampard at 70 mins and Mata on for Oscar at 80 mins for a small cameo.

I agree with that, I hope Mata isnt used from the start against Villa. It would be great for Mou to give Hazard-Oscar-KDB another run out. Having Mata completely fresh for the United game would be awesome.

Bring on Moses for KDB at 65 mins, Van Ginkel on for lampard at 70 mins and Mata on for Oscar at 80 mins for a small cameo.

I'd prefer to see Mata start against Villa...he needs some match fitness before the United game and we should try to finish Villa as early as possible.

Then in the second half...the likes of Essien, Van Ginkel can come off the bench for 25-30 mins.

Hmm difficult match ahead guys, Villa is really good I have seen their match against Arsenal this weekend. They night even be able to scrape a 1-1 draw here if we play like 2nd half against Hull but I think we will win 2-0 again.

Torres must be dropped though, Lukaku to start.

Seen many have included Terry into their starting XI prediction here. Not sure I would want to play him here at all against the counter attacking pace of Benteke, Weimann and Agbonlahor as he's arguably the slowest defender we've got in the team right now and not to mention, Terry turns at the speed of a tank..

Terry never had pace though - it was his reading of the game that set him apart.

Personally I'm going with what I said before the Hull game. Any team selection is possible and the only players I can see definitely starting are Cech, Hazard and Cole (although even Hazard might be rested). I trust Jose and once again it's nice to see the team line-ups come out without having known a fortnight before what it was going to be. The competition for spaces is tremendous in almost every position, and in a few weeks time we might have an idea of what the best XI is.

Villa really got stuck into Arsenal and unsettle them, but I don't see them having quite the physical dominance over us. Tough game though, but glad we get that extra match in before United.

Terry never had pace though - it was his reading of the game that set him apart.

Personally I'm going with what I said before the Hull game. Any team selection is possible and the only players I can see definitely starting are Cech, Hazard and Cole (although even Hazard might be rested). I trust Jose and once again it's nice to see the team line-ups come out without having known a fortnight before what it was going to be. The competition for spaces is tremendous in almost every position, and in a few weeks time we might have an idea of what the best XI is.

Villa really got stuck into Arsenal and unsettle them, but I don't see them having quite the physical dominance over us. Tough game though, but glad we get that extra match in before United.

True, he was never the quickest but at least in his younger days, he would have the legs to recover and try to tackle opponents should they get past him. Now, he doesn't even have the legs to do so anymore. I would be worried if he starts against the pace of Villa.

Just to play it a bit safe in midfield I'd like to see either MvG or Essien in place of Lamps.

We someone to hold a bit more and allow Ramires to do what he does best. Having Lamps with him like yesterday sort of limits what Ramires can do going forward.

Considering the game against Hull was relatively easy (in terms of fitness) I don't see any issue in starting Hazard and Oscar with the view of subbing them around 65 mins. I think this is a perfect time to play Villa - After their result against Arsenal it would be very unusual for them to adopt a different tactic against us. Therefore Jose et al will be able to plan against the threat on the counter.

Cech

Dave Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires VG

Oscar Mata Hazard

Lukaku

Rambo must not play. Mikel or essien will start possibly. I would like ba starting for this and 70th sub of lukaku. Then lukaku can start against United. Give Bertrand a chance also.

Ramires is untouchable under Mourinho.

-----------Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

-------Mikel - MVG

Mata(Kdb)-Oscar - Schurrle(Moses)

------Ba(Lukaku)

Rest Hazard and ramires 4 ManU game

The versatility we will have when we play with MVG and Oscar at the same time, plus one other CM as you suggested, is fantastic!