Marco van Ginkel

Spike

Anybody know hows he been doing? I take it he hasnt been setting the world on fire and no sign that he will be pushing for a Cfc place nxt season?

He is never going to make it here, just not good enough, Pasalic is a better player

Anybody know hows he been doing? I take it he hasnt been setting the world on fire and no sign that he will be pushing for a Cfc place nxt season?

Started off well at Stoke, playing regularly in their first 6 games. However, since then, he's only been given cameo apperances..

I don't see him pushing for a CFC place next season...unless he can force his way into the Stoke starting lineup!

Along with good performances at a young age for Vitesse, and he played really well for Chelsea when he wasn't injured.

Good and solid performances indeed but never outstanding. His move to Chelsea came as a complete surprises as he never stood out in the Eredivisie, a low level league, and only enjoyed one good full season. Never considered an exceptional talent like Ajax rookie Bazoer currently either.

Look at Bony. He killed the Eredivisie and he joined Swansea, now 2nd choice at City. Graziano Pellé, the late bloomer, is another played who dominated in his position, now a Southampton player. Suarez, probably the best Eredivisie player of the past 10 years, moved to Liverpool. Eriksen and Vertonghen (and now Alderweireld) at Spurs. They had to perform for years to earn those moves.

Van Ginkel never stood a chance tbh. And his performances for Chelsea were okay. He wasn't particularly poor but he didn't contribute much either. I really don't get what those that rated him so highly saw.

He would be smart to return to the Eredivisie for the sake of his career. They'll actually care about him there. A few good years there, a few call-ups for the Dutch NT and he could make a transfer abroad again. What's happening to him now is just sad.

Good and solid performances indeed but never outstanding. His move to Chelsea came as a complete surprises as he never stood out in the Eredivisie, a low level league, and only enjoyed one good full season

Look at Bony. He killed the Eredivisie and he joined Swansea, now 2nd choice at City. Graziano Pellé, the late bloomer, is another played who dominated in his position, now a Southampton player. Suarez, probably the best Eredivisie player of the past 10 years, moved to Liverpool. Eriksen and Vertonghen (and now Alderweireld) at Spurs. They had to perform for years to earn those moves.

Van Ginkel never stood a chance tbh. And his performances for Chelsea were okay. He wasn't particularly poor but he didn't contribute much either. I really don't get what those that rated him so highly saw.

He would be smart to return to the Eredivisie for the sake of his career. They'll actually care about him there. A few good years there, a few call-ups for the Dutch NT and he could make a transfer abroad again. What's happening to him now is just sad.

Thing is, he was performing "above his age" like RLC is doing now, and look how we rate him today ;)

I think he would have been fine if not for the injuries, maybe not a starter but good enough to be getting serious minutes in the less stressful games. He was indeed getting minutes right before that injury and I'd dare so the coaching at Chelsea would have been more beneficial than wherever he has been at loan.

Another missed opportunity but it happens.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Hope he does well at PSV and earns a permanent transfer in the summer.

Think it would be best for both parties to sell him and move on,lets get the loan army down to a max of 22.Hopefully Chelsea bring in a world class cm in the summer...again!

4 hours ago, mccg said:

Think it would be best for both parties to sell him and move on,lets get the loan army down to a max of 22.Hopefully Chelsea bring in a world class cm in the summer...again!

We can hope. Too many players on the books that aren't going to make it here. Cash in and move on