Marco van Ginkel

Spike

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think its about time hes given a shot here. Fair enough hes only playing in Holland but hes had what 2 and a half seasons seasons there and has like 30 goals and 15-20 assists IIRC. 

not to mention is their captain.. when has a loan player ever been made captain of his loan club that seems very unlikely

If he could stay injury free then I wouldn't mind him replacing one of our shitty midfielders. I haven't seen him play in Holland, don't know what he's about at all, but if the club is not willing to spend big on high class midfielders, then it would not be hard for him to be an upgrade on anybody and it would cost us nothing.

Sell Fab and Baka, use the money to buy a high quality partner to Kante. Then bring Van Ginkel back and have him and Drinksy be backups. Why not? Though I'm afraid the club will put too much faith in Baka and force the coaches to keep him because of his age and what he costed (need to up the resale value before actually selling, atm he's worth nothing).

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea want £10m for Dutch midfielder Marco van Ginkel, 25, who has played just 11 minutes of Premier League football. (Football.London)

Seems reasonable enough in Todays market , maybe throw in some of the good stuff if PSV want him or use him as part exchange elsewhere ie Germany 

On 19/04/2018 at 4:33 PM, manpe said:

If he could stay injury free then I wouldn't mind him replacing one of our shitty midfielders. I haven't seen him play in Holland, don't know what he's about at all, but if the club is not willing to spend big on high class midfielders, then it would not be hard for him to be an upgrade on anybody and it would cost us nothing.

Sell Fab and Baka, use the money to buy a high quality partner to Kante. Then bring Van Ginkel back and have him and Drinksy be backups. Why not? Though I'm afraid the club will put too much faith in Baka and force the coaches to keep him because of his age and what he costed (need to up the resale value before actually selling, atm he's worth nothing).

I've never been a big lover of RLC but I hoped that regular playing in the PL ould give him that step beyond ll the hype on his back. But Ive not really kept an eye om him apart from reading replorts and theyve not been too bad. Would WVG be better than RLC or????  Would they work better in a 2 or 3 man CM? As it SEEMS the managers we are linked to mainly use a back 4 it means we go 433 or 4231.

Theres alot to take into account eh!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, mccg said:

Interesting move. Became a very rounded MF player at PSV who play the traditional Dutch way, lots of possession, passing and moving. Be worth a shout for a back up maybe if he can stay fit. Pity he got injured under Jose years ago because he had the potential to be a very solid midfield player in my eyes, although being a youngster he wouldnt of featured regularly.

Marco van Ginkel making progress in latest injury recovery, could yet feature for Chelsea!

Wulfert Cornelius is back! Well, sort of...

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/2/7/18215029/marco-van-ginkel-making-progress-in-latest-injury-recovery-could-yet-feature-for-chelsea

• 5 months later...