Marco van Ginkel

Spike

He is doing very well in PSV, I think he has something like 7 goals and 3 assists for around 10 matches for them this season. I think he has a lot of respect in Eindhoven and we could actually take a good sum from his transfer, although I don't know when his contract with us expires.

2 hours ago, King11Didier said:

He is doing very well in PSV, I think he has something like 7 goals and 3 assists for around 10 matches for them this season. I think he has a lot of respect in Eindhoven and we could actually take a good sum from his transfer, although I don't know when his contract with us expires.

We should insert a buy back clause. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice 1 charity starts at Cfc spread the love . Lets give 20% to the church of the profits i say! Lets reduce the ticket prices for the non prawn eaters at Stamford Bridge!

New contract and new loan to PSV. Can't see the point in extending the contracts of players like him and Piazon. I'm almost 100% sure that Conte hasn't got the word in deciding their future, he probably just said that he won't use them, but someone else decided if they are gonna leave permanently or on loan.

2 hours ago, King11Didier said:

New contract and new loan to PSV. Can't see the point in extending the contracts of players like him and Piazon. I'm almost 100% sure that Conte hasn't got the word in deciding their future, he probably just said that he won't use them, but someone else decided if they are gonna leave permanently or on loan.

I fail to see why Conte would/should care about the likes of Piazon and van Ginkel getting contract extensions, it's just a part of the club's business plan and decisions made only to maximize the revenue from when players like this ultimately get sold. With Conte being Italian he's surely used to it and knows what's up, since many clubs over there own almost as many players as Chelsea do and dump them out on loans and up until a few years ago they even had co-ownerships allowed which made clubs have a ridiculous number of players on their books.

Selling a lad with couple hundred senior games under his belt and nearing his peak years as a player will fetch a significantly larger fee than selling an unproven youngster who just didn't cut it at a top club so it kinda makes sense to keep them because the loan clubs cover most of their wages anyway and for some players even loan fees could be involved. 

Apart from the financial perspective I just don't see what the players themselves get out of it because surely their development would be best served by making a permanent transfer elsewhere, much like we have now witnessed with the likes of Ake, Traore and Chalobah. Of course there's always the odd Victor Moses who got a similar contract extension when he went to West Ham and he got out of the loan limbo to make an unexpected return to Chelsea as an important player but at least he was a PL level player for many seasons, unlike Piazon. Van Ginkel has been unlucky with injuries but had big potential so I guess there's still some hope for him to make himself a good career but probably not with us.

• 5 months later...

Van Ginkel has been on fire in the Dutch league this season with 10 Goals scored and 3 Assists in the league he's been the Dutch league lampard this season the question is can he do the same in the PL I think we should give him a chance next season  

• 2 months later...

Mentioned on SSN this morning and has been playing well at PSV this year. Goals and assists and can also play a holding role.

Anything has to be an improvement on Bakayoko at the moment. I watched him yesterday, shocking movement and general play.

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Mentioned on SSN this morning and has been playing well at PSV this year. Goals and assists and can also play a holding role.

Anything has to be an improvement on Bakayoko at the moment. I watched him yesterday, shocking movement and general play.

I haven't seen anything of him, but his stats at PSV have been impressive and my understanding is that he is their captain despite being on loan so must be making some impression.

I know the Dutch league isn't the strongest, but the likes of the French and Portuguese leagues are hardly pillars of strength. I think he's deserved a chance for next season, definitely some areas need strengthening and freshening up and we can't do all of that through buying new players so we will have to rely on trusting a couple of players coming back from loans.

9 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I haven't seen anything of him, but his stats at PSV have been impressive and my understanding is that he is their captain despite being on loan so must be making some impression.

I know the Dutch league isn't the strongest, but the likes of the French and Portuguese leagues are hardly pillars of strength. I think he's deserved a chance for next season, definitely some areas need strengthening and freshening up and we can't do all of that through buying new players so we will have to rely on trusting a couple of players coming back from loans.

Every one of our Loan mids is an upgrade over Baka. I still remember van Ginkel for bossing Khedira all over the pitch in that preseason friendly vs real 

26 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He looked pretty decent from what very little I saw of him, but then I remember him getting a big injury quite young

Another option would be to clone Kante from his DNA

• 4 weeks later...

He captained PSV to the title. He is highly regarded over there. Ten times better than Drinkwater ffs. Not even considering the comparison to Bakayoko.