Marco van Ginkel

Spike

7 hours ago, Robguima said:

agreed, but we don't do that and haven't had adequate cover forever. The top clubs have no mikels in their rosters: only we, liverpool, and united do.

Matic had a poor season, did mikel provide adequate cover? How did we play? Hazard was subpar, so who stepped up? My point is that if we say we are ok with mikel coming on, and often like last season, then anything goes: ginkel and others could do such a role.

I'd prefer we had 2 similar players for every position (or at least cover) but that's not how the club is run.

We used to have cover for defence, midfield and attack (Ferreira could play RB/LB, Ramires was like a jack-of-all-trades midfielder & Kalou played his part as the backup winger/striker) until 2012/2013.

I feel the club was a bit short-sighted with the return of Mourinho.  Most of our potential squad depth was sold off to win one title in 3 seasons and now we're back to square one with another new manager. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/07/2016 at 11:18 AM, Reddish-Blue said:

We used to have cover for defence, midfield and attack (Ferreira could play RB/LB, Ramires was like a jack-of-all-trades midfielder & Kalou played his part as the backup winger/striker) until 2012/2013.

I feel the club was a bit short-sighted with the return of Mourinho.  Most of our potential squad depth was sold off to win one title in 3 seasons and now we're back to square one with another new manager. 

I'm not a big lover of utility players.

I'd much rather have a player that has trained al his life for one position and he knows just what he is.

On 08/09/2016 at 8:04 PM, Special Juan said:

Basically he's fucked.

Is that a new diagnosis lol , it would be refreshing if every doctor was that blunt n basic. No luck that dude,just hope n pray Zouma dosn't have his karma or we will be even more cfcucked!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Scored vs Soton U23.

Shame he's so injury prone, he's good player. He had very good time in PSV last season and I think he could be very good option for our team even as a squad player, but given his injuries history he maybe wont play single game for Chelsea first team ever again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

PSV 2-0 Excelsior: Van Ginkel makes immediate impact on Eindhoven return

http://www.football-oranje.com/psv-2-0-excelsior-van-ginkel-makes-immediate-impact-eindhoven-return/

Sell him to China for 100million prawn muthercfuckercrackers tap tap boooooom :drunk: Jose reject(sad injury fcuked him imho),we need another real world class CM to kick on and progress ,thx but lets move on ffs

8 hours ago, mccg said:

Sell him to China for 100million prawn muthercfuckercrackers tap tap boooooom :drunk: Jose reject(sad injury fcuked him imho),we need another real world class CM to kick on and progress ,thx but lets move on ffs

The injury simply serves as an excuse. The sad, but unavoidable, reality is that Marko has never displayed anything even approaching the quality we need. He is not to blame for that, he has never done anything less than his best. Let's wish him well and allow him to move on to the next permanent stop in his career, and let's do that as soon as his contractual situation permits. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea ace Marco van Ginkel sets impressive goalscoring record while on loan with PSV Eindhoven