Marco van Ginkel

Spike

A nice incentive to give Marco game time and to prove how he can handle the Premier League. A win for both clubs if it becomes an integral part of him developing his game and being given game time.

Especially with it bringing Begovic in as well, when Man U are meant to be snooping around him too.

Good luck Marco. Let's hope he stays injured free

Do we know if this is a unique clause in MvGs contract or is this something all OUR loanee contracts say?

I'm assuming it's unique as it's been explicitly mentioned in the case. Also, lots of teams have neglected to play our loanees unless they've played brilliantly, I imagine they would play a LOT more if we were doing something along the lines of subsidising their wages the more they play.

I saw a few couple games of him on Milan, and he really played very well, always he was one of the best on his team. If he can play equal on Stoke, we will win for all sides. First option, He can come back, being a better player adapted to PL, or second, He increase his status and we will sell him for a good money.

I hope a very good season of him this year.

Anyone watch the game against everton? He had some nice bursts from midfield and looked much more attacking than I've seen him in the past. However he did nearly lose the game with a terrible misplaced pass and then was the only one to miss a pen in the shootout. Looking forward to seeing him today.

He scored Stoke's third goal in their 6-0 friendly win over Wrexham earlier today.

Yeah... but it's Wrexham... I think even Heskey would score against them :D

Good to see he's getting playing time already, gives him time to develop into Stoke's style of play.

• 3 weeks later...

How'd he play?

invisible - no impact whatsoever. Only reason he remained on the pitch was prob because of the loan deal.

It was a tough game for them against a much improved Liverpool (IMO), so we need to see him play against teams they can actually face as equals.