Chelsea v Man City

Jase

Think this tour is the stupidest thing the club has ever done since signing Torres for 50 million. Imagine that 67 or how ever many games and they arrange a tour in the US? what a heap of shit. Sure we've a big fan base there but the players need a rest.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really stupid time to play friendlies and against Man City of all teams...why the fuck? Is there any actual confirmation of the UK time for this? Is it Friday morning or Saturday morning and is it 00:30 or 01:30? According to this..... http://www.live-footballontv.com/

cfcusacity_zps92dbf6ca.png

So looks like Thursday night / Friday morning is the first game and then the 2nd is just after the UCL Final which is fantastic on Saturday night.

I can't understand why we're playing these games.

Sure it's a massive media market and sure it's the fastest growing sport in America and we need to be at the forefront of this explosion in popularity in order to grow our brand worldwide so we can then reinvest the money in growing the club so it can be more successful, maybe even reinvesting some of that money into a new stadium so we can take greater strides towards self-sufficiency and really 45 minutes of playing time in a glorified friendly is a small price to pay not just for the short-term income (measured in millions) but also the payoffs down the road, as well as it being a little thank you to the fans who are in these markets but never get a chance to see the team.....

but why?

just why? I just don't understand why?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can't understand why we're playing these games.

Sure it's a massive media market and sure it's the fastest growing sport in America and we need to be at the forefront of this explosion in popularity in order to grow our brand worldwide so we can then reinvest the money in growing the club so it can be more successful, maybe even reinvesting some of that money into a new stadium so we can take greater strides towards self-sufficiency and really 45 minutes of playing time in a glorified friendly is a small price to pay not just for the short-term income (measured in millions) but also the payoffs down the road, as well as it being a little thank you to the fans who are in these markets but never get a chance to see the team.....

but why?

just why? I just don't understand why?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I trust that is a retorical 'why'? You answered it perfectly yourself :Goober:

After season and pre-season we play the money making, marketing and branding game :-)

tbh would let out the brazilian and spanish players who go to the confed cup. really worries me, because of this cup our players really have no rest at all.

Justice for us from the east :)

Fair, but it isn't even possible for me to present a collage of the amount of fucks I give about this game; it means absolutely nothing to me. Couldn't care less if we were thumped 5-0 in both games in truth. Just two pointless games after a 69-match season, but the directors only care about the $$$$$$$$. We'll see more of this in the future, as these prestigious friendlies are a way around financial fair-play. The only positive for me is we might see Oriol given a run-out after his injury, and a few more academy stars, like Boga and Feruz.

BUT I don't mean to sound like I am trying to demean the occasion for you, it is some small award for our foreign fans who follow us through thick and thin (and the dead of night), so I hope you enjoy the match!

Really stupid time to play friendlies and against Man City of all teams...why the fuck? Is there any actual confirmation of the UK time for this? Is it Friday morning or Saturday morning and is it 00:30 or 01:30? According to this..... http://www.live-footballontv.com/

cfcusacity_zps92dbf6ca.png

So looks like Thursday night / Friday morning is the first game and then the 2nd is just after the UCL Final which is fantastic on Saturday night.

Exactly. And It's not like both games are being played in the same city.

Unsurprisingly, just read that apparently, there is a promise/agreement in this deal that we need to field some of our star players in this game. And that is of course to attract fans to flog into the stadium.