Chelsea v Man City

Jase

Note that this is an early kick off (UK time) since the game is played in United States. This match kicks off at 7.30pm local time in St.Louis, 23rd May.

Wait, if this kicks off at 7:30pm St. Louis time, doesn't that mean it kicks off at 1:30am UK time? It's not 'early' kick off, it's 'middle of the night' kick off!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are you so worried about senior players playing around an hour or so in a friendly? its not like the games will be played at such a high intensity or the players will be under any pressure to perform! they can easily stroll around the pitch for an hour, hardly anyone will play the full 90, its not like these friendlies are going to destroy our players and burn them out! They are friendlies not cup finals! they are all fit and able to play! (apart from the injured players obviously)

Because we have just finished a long hard season and it's nonsensical to even be playing them in a friendly (which shouldn't even take place)?! Regardless of whether it's high intensity or not, after the amount of workload these players have gone through this season, it's basically a risk playing them. One sudden run or challenge could have them out injured a long period of time (touch wood).

And since it's just a friendly, and a post-season friendly at that, why not just play more of the youngsters then?!

Wait, if this kicks off at 7:30pm St. Louis time, doesn't that mean it kicks off at 1:30am UK time? It's not 'early' kick off, it's 'middle of the night' kick off!

1.30am is a pretty early kick off, no? Early hours in the morning...

:doh:

Whatever CHOULO...

I'm only saying because you obviously gave some people the impression that the game is at 1:30 pm and not am like Hutcho here:

Finish my exam on friday. Crawl back early, and watch chelsea... Sounds like a Plan.

I'm only saying because you obviously gave some people the impression that the game is at 1:30 pm and not am like Hutcho here:

No i knew it was 01:30 AM.

Hence i would go out at 6pm when my exam finishes and get back home for 01:00 (early becuase i would have to leave at like half 11. ) to watch the game, friday night/saturday morning.

Apologies. But that is only the impression. Did mention an early kick off which one would expect the others to check out the time posted. And I'm sure many would be aware of the difference in time zone.

Because we have just finished a long hard season and it's nonsensical to even be playing them in a friendly (which shouldn't even take place)?! Regardless of whether it's high intensity or not, after the amount of workload these players have gone through this season, it's basically a risk playing them. One sudden run or challenge could have them out injured a long period of time (touch wood).

And since it's just a friendly, and a post-season friendly at that, why not just play more of the youngsters then?!

the youngsters will play some part and the team i said only had a strong defence the rest was basically youngsters/loan players!

We cant risk letting anyone get injured in those two useless matches...

Cech

Dave - Iva - Cahill - Bertrand

Lampard - Ake

Ramires - Mata - Moses

Torres

Apologies. But that is only the impression. Did mention an early kick off which one would expect the others to check out the time posted. And I'm sure many would be aware of the difference in time zone.

Just add "am" after the time and end of story, grow up you two! :D

the youngsters will play some part and the team i said only had a strong defence the rest was basically youngsters/loan players!

Would rather see those loanees and young lads play. Think we have watched enough of our 1st team players played already.

Just add "am" after the time and end of story, grow up you two! :D

Done. Added it in the first post just to clear up any potential confusion!

Probably not the right attitude to have... But I couldn't give a fuck about this. Who's fucking idea was it to have a meaningless game, 3000 miles away, a week after the end of a long season anyway!?

Probably not the right attitude to have... But I couldn't give a fuck about this. Who's fucking idea was it to have a meaningless game, 3000 miles away, a week after the end of a long season anyway!?

it was "money's" idea.

play reserves or something.