Spike

If he comes in I can see Oscar leaving for Juve...particularly the way things seem to be going for him and Mourinho.

Juve is cheap as f.

They went for oscar, isco, gotze, and draxler.. Instead, they got cuadrado

Griezmann could join Diego Costa at Stamford Bridge, with Roman Abramovich considering paying his €65m buy-out clause. (Diario Sport) #CFC

#CFC have been tracking Griezmann for a while and may look to tie up a deal for the start of summer, so he can join directly after Euro 2016

Paying 65m euros for a player? High unlikely that we'll sign him and as much as I want us to get him, he is not what we need.

Top player, wrong manager. Can you imagine him under Jose tutelage ? As someone saying he would be a LW. But I think even something worse, he'd be playing as a RW (left foot and all that) who would have to track back and cover for Iva (as Jose says you can tell the difference when you're defending with 10 and when with 9 or 8). ROTFL I'd like to see that just for one game to have endless banana on my face.

I can only give my blessing to this if we're preparing ground for new manager.

• 3 weeks later...

Who would he start over?

You can't drop Willian

So its either Hazard or new signing Pedro going to the bench. Hazard, even in his subpar play, is unlikely. So that ultimately leaves Pedro. I don't think he left the Barcelona bench just to ride our bench.

Who would he start over?

You can't drop Willian

So its either Hazard or new signing Pedro going to the bench. Hazard, even in his subpar play, is unlikely. So that ultimately leaves Pedro. I don't think he left the Barcelona bench just to ride our bench.

It's not unthinkable for him to lead the line. However, I don't see him going anything till after the Euros

Who would he start over?

You can't drop Willian

Where? As striker!

Spanish newspaper Diario AS think there's an obsession going around with Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann. Chief rumour pusher Manolete explains: 'It has become an obsession. Every day in the British press there's insistence of Chelsea's interest in signing Atletico's Griezmann.'

That's possibly a little unfair. Firstly because the British press aren't quite at it every day on Griezmann to Chelsea, and secondly because AS themselves have pushed the story enough times. In fact, Griezmann to Chelsea almost certainly started in the Spanish media, rather than with their British counterparts.

Actually, we covered the same Spanish newspaper saying Chelsea wanted Griezmann in May, and then several times since then.

Anyway, this time the claims seem to originate with the Daily Express and Chelsea wanting to sign Griezmann for 52m. That isn't happening, they'd have to pay a bit more. It's understandable that Chelsea would want to sign the Frenchman, he could improve almost any team on the planet.

But reports in the British media, and from their Spanish counterparts, haven't brought anything new this weekend.

Who would he start over?

You can't drop Willian

Griezmann doesn't fit our current way of playing at the moment. He's not strong enough to lead the line on his own and he certainly won't be a winger like we/Mourinho want in the wide positions. He'll likely end up going down the same road as Salah, Cuadrado, Schurrle etc if we get him. If we want to get a winger, then get a proper one. If we want to get a striker, then get an out-and-out striker. Enough with the square pegs in round holes. We've wasted so much money in recent years doing that.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You