Spike

8 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Here is my two cents on Griezmann - While I think he's a wonderful player with a real knack for scoring goals, my feeling says he's taylor made for one tactic in particular and a certain manager. And that's Diego Simeone and his modern 4-4-2.  

He's a number 9.5 as managers like to refer to this type of player - not a number 10, but not a number 9 either. Can't be a playmaker and can't play as a lone center forward. He's a shadow striker, a false 10. 

Bergkamp had the same role under Wenger's 4-4-2 if you remember. Henry the center forward, Bergkamp 9.5 (false 10), Pires - Ljunberg wide midfielders and the pivot Vieira & Gilberto

Roberto Baggio had the same role as well while playing under Arrigo Sacchi's trade mark 4-4-2 in WC 1994 - Donadoni and Berti wide midfielders, Massaro/Casiraghi the lone forward and Baggio number 9.5.

I think Griezmann is similar to those players and would not be that effective on the wing, or as an attacking midfielder, or a lone center forward. He's made to play in a tactic with two strikers and under a manager that fully believes in his ability and knows how to get the best of him. 

Not an easy player to work with though. There's not a lot of managers that can get the best out of him.

You are forgetting that even in his best role, Griz probably wouldnt cut it in PL. He is too lightweight and small and unlike Aguero Sanchez or Hazard, he doesnt have such great balance and holdup either. IMO he is perfect for la liga and if he wants to get most of his talent he should either stay in spain or go to Bayern.

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

You are forgetting that even in his best role, Griz probably wouldnt cut it in PL. He is too lightweight and small and unlike Aguero Sanchez or Hazard, he doesnt have such great balance and holdup either. IMO he is perfect for la liga and if he wants to get most of his talent he should either stay in spain or go to Bayern.

Spike hit all the right spots in his comment. Griezmann would do just fine in EPL IMHO. 

Tune into Liverpool's next match and watch Roberto Firmino closely. Believe me, it's been years since EPL has not had such a pussy of a football player. He's like a ballerina, never goes into a tackle, always runs from every contact like he is a fucking fashion model and his legs must be shaved and clean from any scratch all the time. If this guy can cut it here, Griezmann will have no problems. 

And trust me, there's a lot of physicality in training with Diego Simeone. Luciano Vietto couldn't handle his training methods at first, always threw up after every session.

• 4 weeks later...

Chelsea are clear to complete the transfer of Antoine Griezmann as the forward rejects a new deal at Atletico Madrid, according to reports in Spain.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/09/rumour-chelsea-clear-to-complete-antoine-griezmann-transfer-as-he-rejects-new-deal-5743250/#ixzz42VldCkjj

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You