Angel Di Maria

I personally feel that it's necessary we spend big on either a Sanchez or Di Maria quality winger to make "sure" of a big trophy because i'm not very confident in the quality of Willian and inconsistency of Oscar. We need real quality on the right wing. Oscar/Willian can slug out the 10 role.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under Jose, his job was to defend and run.

At Chelsea under Jose, his job will be the same. I like Di Maria, however, he knows better.

He knows better not to join Chelsea? His job was to defend and run? What are you on about. I kind of understand what you're getting at, but this is pure hyperbole.

He knows better not to join Chelsea? His job was to defend and run? What are you on about. I kind of understand what you're getting at, but this is pure hyperbole.

His job was to defend when you have defensive delinquents in Ozil and Cristiano.

At Chelsea, in a pace based league, his job will be to defend the wings more. Similar to what Willian has to do.

lol, he actually runs much more with Ancelotti.

Not on the wings and not providing width. Di Maria is such a talented player, he deserves better than what people were calling him during his tenure under Jose.

He's not a striker or a left back so see no need for him. We have players who are good with the potential to be great.we didn't buy so many young attacking midfielders to give up on them so quick.

The question is whether or not a guy like Willian is good enough. He's hardly young at 25, and he neither scores or assists. He has been like that throughout his career, I checked his record, so I'm not very confident he is going to become this productive player. Selling Oscar is a huge no no and shouldn't even be considered at all.

Personally, I'll sell Willian right now. It was a mistake signing him in the first place for the amount we did. He'll be nothing more than a squad player in other top European sides. Use money from the sale plus additional funds to sign Di Maria or Sanchez.

We can't just assume that all of a sudden Oscar, Willian and Schurrle are going to improve dramatically next season and I'm guessing Jose HAS to deliver a big trophy next season to avoid the sack.

I personally feel that it's necessary we spend big on either a Sanchez or Di Maria quality winger to make "sure" of a big trophy because i'm not very confident in the quality of Willian and inconsistency of Oscar. We need real quality on the right wing. Oscar/Willian can slug out the 10 role.

I think both Sanchez and Di Maria are perfect for the Premier League. Almost every side struggles against extreme pace and technical ability from wide areas which these two excell at.

Both would be unstoppable against the smaller sides who already struggle with the likes of Sterling or Walcott. They're nightmares to play against. I personally prefer Di Maria but Sanchez is awesome. Can unfortunately see them going to our direct rivals and killing it for them.

Don't think a winger is even entering José's mind.

I think both Sanchez and Di Maria are perfect for the Premier League. Almost every side struggles against extreme pace and technical ability from wide areas which these two excell at.

Both would be unstoppable against the smaller sides who already struggle with the likes of Sterling or Walcott. They're nightmares to play against. I personally prefer Di Maria but Sanchez is awesome. Can unfortunately see them going to our direct rivals and killing it for them.

Don't think a winger is even entering José's mind.

Di Maria was Real's best player last season and he wasn't even playing his natural position. Guy is a beast. From what i'm reading, it seems it's the player that wants to leave not the other way around.

You could be right and that's deeply unfortunate. If he isn't, I hope he won't live to regret that decision. We will easily be favorites in the race to sign Di Maria because of the Mendes connection. Any Mendes (Gestifute) player Mourinho wants, he gets. If Di Maria is available, we should be involved.

DI MAria don't want to stay at Madrid (based on the informationof some journalists) because he wants to play in Bale´s position... in the wings.

Di Maria with Mourinho defended against Barcelona in all the other games he played normally, of course he needs to defend...someone has to defend... in Madrid this year from the attacking players he is for sure the one that does more often that job.

And in Madrid with Mourinho even Cristiano had to defend. Like all the great teams do.

I don't know how much Madrid wants for him... but in normal conditions and looking at the prices of other players Sanchez and Do Maria should be worth more than 40M£. I would say if they cost somethuing like 30M£ we should definately buy one of them.

Doesn't he play in hazards position?

There is where Cristiano also plays so he couldn't play much there. But I think his best positions is left winger.

He plays well in the right or in a central position also.

Di Maria was Real's best player last season and he wasn't even playing his natural position.

Actually, he played a similar role last season as he did in his time at Benfica, which earned him the big move to Real. Plays the same role for Argentina. You can tell he feels a lot more comfortable with the freedom to move both in the centre and the wings. It's actually very similar to Iniesta's role (completely different styles of course).

And he's much better on the left than he is on the right.

Actually, he played a similar role last season as he did in his time at Benfica, which earned him the big move to Real. Plays the same role for Argentina. You can tell he feels a lot more comfortable with the freedom to move both in the centre and the wings. It's actually very similar to Iniesta's role (completely different styles of course).

And he's much better on the left than he is on the right.

In a 4-3-3 though? as a "CM". Mourinho mostly played 4-2-31 at Madrid not 4-3-3 and when he did it was a trivote of real CM's/DM's. Maybe he did play Di Maria there sometimes because he tended to go 4-3-3 in the big games. Can't remember all the details. As for his time in Benfica, didn't he play on the right wing a lot?

Yeah, Ancelotti's tactical maneuvering of his pieces last season was very brave and the football a joy to behold. It takes some doing to accommodate Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria and Modric all into the same line-up without making big compromises defensively.

We have 5 AM's at the club, 3 of them have only been here for 1 season, and the other two for 2 seasons. It's unlikely anyone leaves, and Mourinho has been talking about how they can all improve after adapting to the league.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You