Angel Di Maria

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bad thing about Di Maria is that he has 5 magnificent games and then 5 horrible games. He is too unreliable when it comes to form. You can't build a team around him because of that. If he managed to keep his good form the entire season, he would be challenging for the Ballon D'or.

The people who are saying we should get rid of Hazard to make room for him are nuts. Currently, Di Maria is better than Hazard but Hazard has much more potential.

In a 4-3-3 though? as a "CM". Mourinho mostly played 4-2-31 at Madrid not 4-3-3 and when he did it was a trivote of real CM's/DM's. Maybe he did play Di Maria there sometimes because he tended to go 4-3-3 in the big games. Can't remember all the details. As for his time in Benfica, didn't he play on the right wing a lot?

Yeah, Ancelotti's tactical maneuvering of his pieces last season was very brave and the football a joy to behold. It takes some doing to accommodate Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria and Modric all into the same line-up without making big compromises defensively.

No not under Mourinho. I was only talking about his time at Benfica. They played 4-1-2-1-2, the diamond formation. Di Maria on the left, Ramiries on the right. Sort of half winger, half centre mid. Very attacking but it worked as the team had a high work-rate.

Yeah I applaud Ancelotti for making it work. Khedira's injury was a true blessing in disguise. Well, for everyone who is not Khedira.. or a Khedira fan.

Because you lack the vision and patience. Di Maria is basically in the best moment of his career at 26, Oscar is still coming to that.

Oscar lacks pace and vision, he can defend but isn't a real cdm. If PSG offers £30m+, it is a no brainer.

The question is whether or not a guy like Willian is good enough. He's hardly young at 25, and he neither scores or assists. He has been like that throughout his career, I checked his record, so I'm not very confident he is going to become this productive player. Selling Oscar is a huge no no and shouldn't even be considered at all.

Personally, I'll sell Willian right now. It was a mistake signing him in the first place for the amount we did. He'll be nothing more than a squad player in other top European sides. Use money from the sale plus additional funds to sign Di Maria or Sanchez.

We can't just assume that all of a sudden Oscar, Willian and Schurrle are going to improve dramatically next season and I'm guessing Jose HAS to deliver a big trophy next season to avoid the sack.

I don't think we need to improve dramatically..but if i did i'd be looking at different areas. The best formation for our squad remains a 4-3-3 and in that we only need somebody else for the other flank opposite Eden..Shurrle,Willian and Salah would be ample with some good young wideman behind the first team.

This guy is immense, an absolute unbelievable player. It would very hard not to look at this lad and not be interested for me, but with that we are stocked with attacking talent, one of Oscar, Willian or Schurrle would have to go. I personally love Schurrle he is very versatile and offers a lot in a different load of areas. Neither Oscar or Willian have been immense since signing. I really couldn't choose who would be the one to go.

All hypothetical of course.

If we get another world class AM I think that Oscar should be sold. That 'saving himself for the world cup' mentality is utter bullshit, imo if you're not ready to give your all to the club (Who is paying you by the way) go play only for national team.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You