Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

If I'm totally honest, I don't see us winning. Even with Hazard or our full team or whatever, I just see it as a game similar to the Super Cup; as in, one side cares a lot more about the trophy than we do.

If I'm totally honest, I don't see us winning. Even with Hazard or our full team or whatever, I just see it as a game similar to the Super Cup; as in, one side cares a lot more about the trophy than we do.

Except From Rafa and his CV...

Except From Rafa and his CV...

Exactly mate! I'm pretty sure it was clear to everyone that Hazard's season was over, but he still brought him for the extremely vague hope that he would be fit...smacks of desperation!

Either that or Hazard is there for the LOLs.

Exactly mate! I'm pretty sure it was clear to everyone that Hazard's season was over, but he still brought him for the extremely vague hope that he would be fit...smacks of desperation!

Last time: He is there cos all of the team travel to Amsterdam. the whole squad win and lose together, the teammates that are out support the one who are playing. Also Ba and Romeu have travelled. . Surely not because of the vague hope that they will play

Last time: He is there cos all of the team travel to Amsterdam. the whole squad win and lose together, the teammates that are out support the one who are playing. Also Ba and Romeu have travelled. . Surely not because of the vague hope that they will play

Great, so my second guess was right. Thanks for that!

I feel the same way, I think the players just won't be bothered. In fact I expect Benfica to attack us exactly the same way Atletico did, this time with Cardozo netting the goals instead of Falcao. Can honestly see him score at least two.

Ramires on the wing is usually a disaster ...

Benayoun on the wing is never good. (sorry fellow countryman...)

Perhaps, Benitez will make the Cole-Bertrand bond on the left? to keep Cardozo busy (Cardozo is a RW right? I'm not mistaken am I?)

I would honestly consider Marin.

No, just like Di Matteo did to bring everybody including the Ake & Billy Clifford or the injuried players & suspeded like Branna & Terry.Its to add a bit of unity to the squad and psychologically its better to prepare a game with all the "family".

Ramires on the wing is usually a disaster ...

Benayoun on the wing is never good. (sorry fellow countryman...)

Perhaps, Benitez will make the Cole-Bertrand bond on the left? to keep Cardozo busy (Cardozo is a RW right? I'm not mistaken am I?)

I would honestly consider Marin.

Cardozo is a striker.

I feel the same way, I think the players just won't be bothered. In fact I expect Benfica to attack us exactly the same way Atletico did, this time with Cardozo netting the goals instead of Falcao. Can honestly see him score at least two.

Cardozo is nowhere near the class of Falcao and Benfica are not able to play the same way Atletico did.

Cardozo is extremely slow, slower than Luiz or Cahill and not as strong as Ivanovic. Despite his height, his major strength is his extremely cool finishing, given space and time, we can't afford to give him this and I am sure Rafa won't.

just cant get myself to be anywhere near as excited as even a big four chelsea clash in PL.

I feel the same. However, once the proceedings get started, I'll be shouting obscenities and normal service will have resumed.

I feel the same. However, once the proceedings get started, I'll be shouting obscenities and normal service will have resumed.

your tag line "he's done it. the greatest night in the history of CFC" does get me in the mood for it...

Shouldn't disrespect this game, or the tournament in general. Money ain't the be all and end all, its already ruined the game as it is. I am well up for us winning this, as I would be in any competition, Premier League, Champions League, F.A. Cup, League Cup, Zenith Data Systems Cup, you name it.

As for Mikel, he can fuck right off. His comments a few weeks ago that he can't raise himself for Europa League games was frankly pathetic. I presume that he aint interested in playing in such a low key game as tonight then?? He's hardly covered himself in glory this season so should have kept his mouth firmly shut.

As I said, big game and I am right up for it. Any player who don't fancy it tonight or can't "motivate" themselves should be left at home and listed for being cunts, as well as a few other reasons.