Man United v Chelsea

Jase

For this one we need to come out in good form.

Hazard and Mata will have to really perform with Ba as a central point, a pivot that is disciplined enough and Luiz that is magic once more.

If we have that ... 1-3 for the blues.

If we fail to show up .... 3-1 I fear.

Bets are up!

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United weren't all too great on Sunday against Arsenal, mainly because of the fact that they have fuck all to play for at this stage. There's no excuses here, we gotta get all three points. It's definitely doable, but it just depends on which Chelsea shows up.

Utd might be a lot better at getting results week in week out against the smaller teams, but still their team is only 3rd best in the country. I think almost all of our encounters in the last 8 years or so have shown, that we are much better than them. Unfortunately their immense luck , the ref's best efforts and our particular wastefulness when playing them are responsible for the record not quite reflecting that.

Mikel and Ramires have worked really well in the pivot against them but we also can't bench Luiz after his So we should play all three, same lineup as last game vs them

------Cech-----

Azpi-Iva-Luiz-Cole

----Mikel-Luiz------

Oscar-Mata--Hazard

---------Ba----------

Hell no, Ba can play both games. Torres got his EPL chance against Liverpool and he failed, he deserves no more EPL games. Ba can play both.

Ba for both.

Agree with both of you there, definitely but you know with Benitez, that ain't gonna happen. He is likely to go for Ba in 1 game and Torres the other.

Agree with both of you there, definitely but you know with Benitez, that ain't gonna happen. He is likely to go for Ba in 1 game and Torres the other.

Yeah, there is that distinct possibility, In which case Ba for the tottenham game as that is by far the most important one. Though i still hope Ba plays on Sunday and performs so Rafa and picks him vs spurs.

Ba is the type of player to play against united because they always struggle against physical target men strikers like Ba, Drogba..etc while Tottenham is the type of team that you want to run behind their defense so Torres would be more suited for that game.

Indeed, I would rather play with a tired guy than playing with Barbie seeing the ball around him and doing nothing.

lol. tired. He does rarely play more than once a week. I think 2 games in 4 days will not impede him in any way. He is a professional athlete FFS. we always tend to overestimate that fatigue. it is one thing playing 80 matches per season, esp as midfielder in 8 competitions for which you have to travel all over the world and an completely other one to play once per week up front without too much travelling stress

In case you guys have not know this, Howard Webb will be officiating this encounter...again, just like he did in the FA Cup tie back in March at OT.

where he did ok in a match that was hard to officiate.

Ba is the type of player to play against united because they always struggle against physical target men strikers like Ba, Drogba..etc while Tottenham is the type of team that you want to run behind their defense so Torres would be more suited for that game.

Torres is especially suited for shit teams with shit defenders. There is not really ONE thing torres can do better than Ba. Every striker can run behind defenses and if Torres had done that with decent enough timing, he would not have struggled for goals against any decent side with Lampard, hazard, Mata and Oscar behind him.

Torres is especially suited for shit teams with shit defenders. There is not really ONE thing torres can do better than Ba. Every striker can run behind defenses and if Torres had done that with decent enough timing, he would not have struggled for goals against any decent side with Lampard, hazard, Mata and Oscar behind him.

I disagree, Torres has his speed (even if it has decreased a lot). His movement to the flanks (running away from goal) creates space for Mata and Hazard to run into.

I disagree, Torres has his speed (even if it has decreased a lot). His movement to the flanks (running away from goal) creates space for Mata and Hazard to run into.

But he usually loses the ball on the flanks or his passes are to unprecise and he is not really much faster than Ba.

But imo, Demba Ba's straight runs creates more space in behind, than torres runs to the sideline.

He occupies defenders, gives mata and hazard and option and often leaves a pocket of space in behind.

Cech

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Terry - A.Cole

Mikel - Ramires

Oscar - Mata - Hazard

Ba

which could become (451)

Cech

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Terry - A.Cole

Mikel

Ramires -Oscar

Mata Hazard

Ba

if needed

But he usually loses the ball on the flanks or his passes are to unprecise and he is not really much faster than Ba.

But imo, Demba Ba's straight runs creates more space in behind, than torres runs to the sideline.

He occupies defenders, gives mata and hazard and option and often leaves a pocket of space in behind.

Not saying that Torres is in anyway better than Ba, but just that if Fernando has to play a game, I'd rather he plays the one against Tottenham.