Suarez bites Ivanovic

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you were a little boy, did you not look up to footballers, wanted to be just like them.

Well, I did.

Who did you want to be like? Maradona? Because you sound like you're on drugs.

There were two footballers I wanted to be like. Andy Goram and Andy Goram.

I doubt a lot of them think about that!

The fact that our society on some level expects a precedent to be set by athletes says a lot too.

Exactly. Since when are athletes expected to be smart? Plenty of footballers and other sportsmen are thick bastards and don't deserve recognition other than what they do in their respective fields, but since they get a lot of TV air time, they inevitably become role models in everything. In truth very few entertainers (what athletes basically are) should be looked upon as examples. There are exceptions but you can't expect kids, staring at the TV the whole day, to differentiate between those who are and who aren't.

Anyway, what Evra did, I don't think any child is gonna be traumatized by that. Not the brightest thing to do, but we all know that Evra is a cunt too, so...

I remember in the same fixture last season Suarez and Ivanovic had a minor (in comparision) bust up and at that moment i thought of the time he bit the PSV player and imagined him possibly doing the same in that moment.

A bit strange he does just that in the same fixture the following season.

When you were a little boy, did you not look up to footballers, wanted to be just like them.

Well, I did.

yes, until i was twelve and i realised many of them are actually twats, cunts and some are just plain stupid.

i simply stopped.

Should definitely be more than 3 games...

True related story

My mum works in the local primary school. And this week their have been two instances where a child has needed some form of treatment for bitemarks. And in one occasion they drew blood. Now this is crazy behaviour and a reflection on a whole manner of things, but it shows the reach of how it effects SOME really young children. And therefore should be dealt with in a different manner than a bog standard violent conduct charge even if the actual harm to ivanovic's arm is very minimal.

Looking at this from a neutral view and pretending he bit someone else not associated with Chelsea, all I've been thinking is the following:-

He was found guilty (if I remember correctly) for racial abuse towards Evra. The F.A. are clear that they have NO TOLERANCE towards racism.

He's now clearly been found guilty due to undeniable video proof from several angles that he's committed assault on a fellow professional. The F.A. are clear that they have NO TOLERANCE towards abuse & assault.

So my question is; If the F.A. have 'No Tolerance' like they claim, why is he just getting a slap on the wrist and a 12-game ban? I assume Liverpool will still pay him his wages throughout that time unless they specifically try and make an example out of him to try and prevent their club's image from falling any further, meaning he'll basically be getting an extended holiday!!

After 2 high-profile incidents in this league already and the Premier League clearly slowing down in terms of quality and being quickly caught up by the Bundesliga, surely, as harsh as this may sound, Liverpool should be forced to either sell Suarez to another league or release him from his contract? He is single handedly bringing down the league with; 1: Racism. 2: Assault. 3: His well documented diving. (Oh, and a few deliberate hand-balls along the way.)

That would be 'No Tolerance' and prevent other players from doing as he does as it would cut-short their time in the most watched league in world football.

As we all know, I guess the F.A. are just a joke, aren't they?