Suarez bites Ivanovic

Does anyone know if his 2 game ban for his 10th yellow card is inclusive in the 10, or will it be 12 in total? Because that would be hilarious.
It'd be even better if he appealed, only to get a lengthier ban!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if his 2 game ban for his 10th yellow card is inclusive in the 10, or will it be 12 in total? Because that would be hilarious.

Just about to post this, I wish it will be 12..... LMFAO

Looking at this from a neutral view and pretending he bit someone else not associated with Chelsea, all I've been thinking is the following:-

He was found guilty (if I remember correctly) for racial abuse towards Evra. The F.A. are clear that they have NO TOLERANCE towards racism.

He's now clearly been found guilty due to undeniable video proof from several angles that he's committed assault on a fellow professional. The F.A. are clear that they have NO TOLERANCE towards abuse & assault.

So my question is; If the F.A. have 'No Tolerance' like they claim, why is he just getting a slap on the wrist and a 12-game ban? I assume Liverpool will still pay him his wages throughout that time unless they specifically try and make an example out of him to try and prevent their club's image from falling any further, meaning he'll basically be getting an extended holiday!!

After 2 high-profile incidents in this league already and the Premier League clearly slowing down in terms of quality and being quickly caught up by the Bundesliga, surely, as harsh as this may sound, Liverpool should be forced to either sell Suarez to another league or release him from his contract? He is single handedly bringing down the league with; 1: Racism. 2: Assault. 3: His well documented diving. (Oh, and a few deliberate hand-balls along the way.)

That would be 'No Tolerance' and prevent other players from doing as he does as it would cut-short their time in the most watched league in world football.

As we all know, I guess the F.A. are just a joke, aren't they?

That's a bit too harsh in my opinion ( I don't mean the 10 match ban but forced to sell/release). It's not like he committed an act of cannibalism, this whole story is blown out of proportion. When it comes to your suggested punishment: I dread the day when the FA has a word in saying which players should the club sell or release. Not going to happen, he will miss the rest of the season plus next season's 6 opening games - a worthy punishment. As long as Suarez keeps single handedly dragging Liverpool through game after game, I can't see them giving a single fuck about it, unless a bigger club comes flashing money. Having him is a risk but with a strict, authoritarian manager, he is worth the gamble.

Like people above are mentioning - maybe even a 12 match ban plus if they appeal it can go 3 ways - reduce, leave it as it is or increase the length of the ban. :D

Tbf not all RAWK users are delusional. I caught this surprisingly sensible post:

I love Suarez. The lads a cracking good player, but at the end of the day, he acted the c*nt here. He let himself, his team mates and the club down big time. I mean, there really is no way defend him here. He took an opponents arm and bit it. The intent is as clear as day. You could probably defend a bad tackle on the grounds that he was going for the ball, or defend an elbow to the face on the grounds that he was jumping to head the ball, but there is absolutely zero ground for excuse here. None whatsoever. What he did was terrible. And when you consider that this isn't the first time that he has done this to an opponent then his defense just diminishes even further

Now I'm all for supporting our players through thick and thin. I supported him 100% during the whole Evra saga. But this is different. He really fucked up this time and there's no way to defend it. We can accuse the FA of corruption all we like. We can debate the 10 game ban and weather or not its severity is warranted until the cows come home. To me they are just asides. The real issue here is that one of our players acted in an inexcusable manner. I wouldn't even bother appealing the ban. In fact, I think it might be more prudent if the staff and management of the club focused on ensuring Suarez never does anything like this again. Like I said, I love Suarez the footballer. But he fucked up here. And he should be made realize it if you ask me, before he goes letting the club down again any time in the future

EDIT: One more

The whole purpose of banning a player is so it acts as a deterrent from him doing something stupid again. He got a ban for being a racist, and still played up in matches, including punching a player in an international match.

Then he goes and bites a player in a premier league match, an offence that he has previously committed. He got a lengthy ban for that, and it didn't deter him from doing it again.

Therefore, it makes sense to give him an even longer ban this time, let's just hope that it finally gets through to Luis and he can fulfil his amazing talent....

i hope Liverpool appeal and make it 14 :D

That would be HILARIOUS!!!

TBH I think it should be 12. 10 matches ban is for this creepy biting incident, he should take responsibility of those 10 yellow cards which is 2 matches ban as well, it's not fair to other teams FA count them altogether.

Should definitely be 12 games. Those are 2 different bans so thinking about it logically the FA has to ban him for 2 more games. But yeah, logically...

Should definitely be 12 games. Those are 2 different bans so thinking about it logically the FA has to ban him for 2 more games. But yeah, logically...

there is a date in april beyond which yellow-card bans are not counted. must be past it

Lads, get some popcorn.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=305346.0

330x182px-LL-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-ea

And just to state the obvious, that's his season over plus the first SIX games of next season.

That just made my day!

" The FA can fuck off. We should boycott the FA Cup"

:lol:

Good. Ten game ban is deserved. Lost a lot of respect for Liverpool for a number of reasons. Suarez was always a nutcase and I was completely shocked with the way Liverpool (well mainly Dalglish) supported Suarez in the Evra case. When it is something serious like that I don't think it is right for Dalglish or anyone else to get involved when they don't know exactly what happened. Worse thing was Dalglish regretted supporting Suarez the way he done it and admitted he made some mistakes with how he done it.

Also when we played them this Sunday I hated the way people like Carragher went on. Constantly in the referee's face and trying to get our players booked. Sturridge should have got sent off for his challenge against Bertrand and could of cause much more damage and he clearly stopped because he realised he had hurt him yet the other Liverpool players decided to play while a player was in complete agony.

Then to sum it off, Liverpool have the cheek to say that the ban is not fair. Is this some fucking joke, they should just accept the charge. He bit someone and whether 10 games is a lot, you don't do it, end off. I guess karma hit Liverpool in the right place. Suarez will be banned for first few games of next season and although I don't have anything against Gerrard, he needs an operation like Allen and will undergo surgery in the summer. So might sound harsh but looks like Liverpool will be without their two key stars for opening few games of next season ;)