Are we going to finish in the top 4? - Achieved!

Styles

Will we finish in the top 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish in the top 4?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No shit, he's away. While he's been away played the most shit since god knows when.

You're calling the pot black there

Lmao you what? hello we didn't win one game in november, you're seriously saying we are playing bad because of Mikels absence?.

Infact i haven't missed Mikel at all, our double pivot isn't good either way, Mikel in it or not we are going to leak goals, he's a shite player and will never be as good as Essien or Makalele.

:whistling::whistling::whistling: in the dark and fingers crossed. I'm not trying to be negative, I just can't see it at the moment.

Funny but you claimed to watch Chelsea since 65 & now you do not feel the team can end up in top four even with the above mentioned returning players ?

Funny but you claimed to watch Chelsea since 65 & now you do not feel the team can end up in top four even with the above mentioned returning players ?

Nothing funny about it, it's not just about players returning, there is a lack of firmness about the team. Can you say that the team has the same mental toughness this season in comparasion to last season when we won in spite of everything seeming to be against us? The team played with toughness and mental discipline, and before you start I used to get in the Shed through the turnstile for 10/-, a blind eye being turned, along with half the mods and rockers that used to cheer with the likes of Celtic and Greenaway.

we finish below 4th and the summer will be copy of the January transfer window ! Jose's return which is a distant dream will be vanished !

We will not be able to sign good players and Romans aspirations of winning UCL will be simmered down to getting into Champions League !!

in short it would be dreadful if we fall below the top 4 !

While our team has some issues not only tactically but mentally, I can't see us finishing outside the top 4. This is due more to the fact that the other teams competing to be in the top for (Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool...,Tottenham) haven't been on the best form. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I have to believe that if the FSW doesn't will this team to top 4, then the players themselves will.

Nothing funny about it, it's not just about players returning, there is a lack of firmness about the team. Can you say that the team has the same mental toughness this season in comparasion to last season when we won in spite of everything seeming to be against us? The team played with toughness and mental discipline, and before you start I used to get in the Shed through the turnstile for 10/-, a blind eye being turned, along with half the mods and rockers that used to cheer with the likes of Celtic and Greenaway.

All the above is well admired. Currently, Chelsea is in transition & predominately most of the players are young.

As for last season, Drogba, Drogba & nothing but...oh...,park the bus style.

All the above is well admired. Currently, Chelsea is in transition & predominately most of the players are young.

As for last season, Drogba, Drogba & nothing but...oh...,park the bus style.

I agree with you. And to be fair this Drogba praising has only began when he left. I remember when he was starting the last season for us then he was mocked here to be "past it" and we need to sign, sign, sign. After UCL all the mentality changed and he is hyped to be a god now. I find it strange and hypocritical. And to be honest with you, he only had 2 30+ goals seasons with us, rest were roughly averaging 14,5 goals and 8,3 assists (in all competitions not the League only) and that's nothing major. Torres has scored more than those numbers this season and yet he is getting slated beyond belief. Drogba just had that presence on the pitch that helped and produced in most of the big games (in others he just got sent off, started diving etc) but player ability and efficency wise he was only at it for two seasons.

Yes we can

Well, Drogba was the key last year.

As for your Obama, I can do better...

Never said he wasn't. He was the hero of last season but all I want to say is that he always wasn't as good as people make it sound now that he's gone.

And I didn't make the Obama remix :)

Never said he wasn't. He was the hero of last season but all I want to say is that he always wasn't as good as people make it sound now that he's gone.

And I didn't make the Obama remix :)

Sometimes, stats do not tell the whole story, I feel. Drogba´s goals were the most crucial ones. Where would Chelsea have ended up without him ?

Since the club totally ignore the defensive midfield position during the transfer window where the club is seriously lacking, I get the feeling the dream of finishing in top four might be in jeopardy.

Anybody changing their minds just yet? Or are we still nailed on for third and even in with a shout for second as some are deluding themselves into believing?

4 points ahead of Spurs (who are still to play this weekend) and Everton and 5 points ahead of Arsenal.

Let's hope City beat Liverpool tomorrow so we don't have to start worrying about finishing behind them.