Are we going to finish in the top 4? - Achieved!

Styles

Will we finish in the top 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish in the top 4?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh i dont even know anymore ... We have lots of tough games to come... Man City (A), Man Utd (A), Liverpool (A), Spurs (H), Everton (H) And with our current form, we're probably not gonna pick up a lot of points from those games.

For example look at Arsenal, they've played almost all of the big teams, home and away... the only tough games they have left are United (H) and Spurs (A)... besides those 2 games they should do pretty well in the rest of their games.

Sooo... if we do finish in the top 4 we are gonna have to step up our game fast !

Just had a quick look at our fixtures. After City we play West Brom (H), Fulham (A), West Ham (H), Southampton (A) and Sunderland (H). So we need a strong March, winning most, if not all of those matches, because after that are the tougher games against Spurs, Loserpool and Manure.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer the original question posed in the title, no I don't think we are going to finish in the top 4. We will finish an ignominious 5th, mainly due to our profligacy and not the quality of our competitors. Which is terrible considering the talent that this squad has.

^ they're also shit.

In March, they have to play Swansea and Tottenham away. and also host Everton at the Emirates. I can see them winning one of those, maximum. They then have got to go to Newcastle, Fulham and West Brom, and also play United at the Emirates. Again, a tricky run of fixtures for them.

Yes we have an incredibly hard run-in, but the worst likely result is for Spurs to finish above of us and us in 4th. A van Persie-less Arsenal just don't have enough about them IMO.

^ they're also shit.

In March, they have to play Swansea and Tottenham away. and also host Everton at the Emirates. I can see them winning one of those, maximum. They then have got to go to Newcastle, Fulham and West Brom, and also play United at the Emirates. Again, a tricky run of fixtures for them.

Yes we have an incredibly hard run-in, but the worst likely result is for Spurs to finish above of us and us in 4th. A van Persie-less Arsenal just don't have enough about them IMO.

Agreed on everything said about Arsenal. Also I expect Spurs to enter their usual spring freefall in near future and even Bale won't be able to save them anymore.

I think the style of play will make it difficult to stay in top 4. If Chelsea can be in the top 4 , I dont see them becoming League champion next year or beyond becoz personally I think is the style they adopted. From my observation those midfield players will tend to keep the ball too long, uncertain of who to pass to attack and they love to back pass to the keeper. By the time they organise a attack, if they do at all ,all the players of the opponent team are comfortably waiting for them to come. And none player is creating opportunity for other teammates and the free players are not running to empty places so that the ball could be passed to them in attack. With this staling robotic system, no element of swift organise attack, I dont see Chelsea to be champion again in a long long time.