Are we going to finish in the top 4? - Achieved!

Styles

Will we finish in the top 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish in the top 4?

Did you also think we'd finish top 4 last year? Go on, be honest.

No. The damage was done under AVB. Then we made the UCL and FA Cup the priority, at which point it became clear we would not secure a top four finish.

Things were even more hopeless this time last year. Cech and Drogba papered over them cracks pretty damn well.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I just read Chelsea have seemed to turn a corner under Rafa , the defense has tightened up. I can not believe some of these professional writers. This is why Chelsea are favorites to take the 3rd spot, he continues.

If I may, certainly I do not feel Chelsea are shoe in to finish 3rd. Only time will tell, I feel. Thank God all other teams are dropping points too.

Spurs and Arsenal both have Europe too. Personally I'd just stick the youth team out in those games and focus on the league. All the teams have got tough games left and we've got Spurs at home so it's at least partly in our own hands.

It's going to be tough and I'm not confident by any means but we've got a four point gap at the moment and the teams around us simply aren't that much stronger than us.

Four point gap at this stage means very little. That's just two games. We had our chance to build a proper buffer with games against QPR, Southampton and Reading and picked up 2 points from 9. We still have to go Utd, City and Liverpool. We've got the likes of Swansea, Everton and Spurs still to come to the Bridge. I can't see this current squad and manager winning many of those games which we will need to in order to be in a comfortable position.

No we wont, we are going to leak goals all over the place, teams can play against us.

Double Pivot is the problem but the board are just to stupid to see that, even now they could go and buy a midfielder, but they are not interested in the slightest.

Obviously it's mikels fault ay.

Too early to say. The other teams might be stronger in the coming days. We might also end up losing points in the must win games.

Better pray Arsenal and Spurs don't strengthen their squads today because that will all but guarantee us out of the top 4.

yes.

But I would be more optimitic if we changed the formation.

With Mikel, Moses, Luiz, Hazard back.

I think we should try a 4-3-3.

We could rotate Hazard Mata Moses as inside forward on either side of the pitch.

Luiz, Lampard, Oscar, Ramires in the two more advanced player of the three in midfield.

I say yes. Our wins away at Spurs, Everton, and Arsenal were very very helpful. Everton have a very difficult remaining schedule having to play away to ManU, Livepool, Spurs, and Chelsea and home to City. That's five really tough games in their last 14. We play Spurs and Everton at home which is good although the way we're playing recently, it's easy to imagine losing any game. However, once we get Moses, Mikel, and Luiz back, we'll have more quality and maybe more importantly, be able to rotate our squad/be able to bring real options off the bench.

I think we will but it will be closer than we will like it to be and could go down to the wire. I can't see us pulling away from them so its whether we can hold off.

For some reason i am invisiging us finishing 4th and then Arsenal being in the final of the champions league... That is some scary shit right there... Can't see it happenning as they are worse than us but it is a nightmare scenario.

True maybe not now but once we get Luiz, Mikel, Terry, Moses and Cech back we'll be better. We have 5 starters out! I just realised that.

Oh yeah, if we have everybody back and fit we are not that thin, but with romeu, mikel and luiz not available we are struggling in midfield.

Definitely better, not too sure about deeper though.

and we're defending like pooh! Any team at the moment with the possible exceptions of Newcastle and QPR could run us close home or away and could get all the points. It's in their minds now that any lead can be taken away, there's no bloody grit in the team.....