Are we going to finish in the top 4? - Achieved!

Styles

Will we finish in the top 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish in the top 4?

I take back what I said. We're going to finish in the bottom four if this clown stays. GTFO.

It has very little to do with the manager although he clearly isn't helping. The squad is not good enough for top four. Just imagine where we'd be now if we didn't start the season on fire? We would be hovering about in mid-table. We at least have the platform for a top 7-8 position.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We simply don't have the squad depth and it's really worrying. We're leaking goals far too easily and it's evident that there's no cohesion in midfield because it's so unbalanced, with a lack of central & defensive midfield cover. Sigh. It's going to be one of "those" season..

Not this year, we will finish 5th and will be playing europa league (better than nothing for xp).

I can see us losing against Sparta in europa league and against Brentford during the replay at home. How crap are we with this FSW?

But next year we will be really competitive if we find a good long-term manager and if we can get rid of Fernando

I'm afraid if we're losing 2-0 leads to the likes of Southampton and Reading, along with games/performances like QPR, Newcastle, Brentford etc. I just don't see where the points are going to come from at the business end of the season.

I wouldn't mind, but the performances just seem to be getting worse. At least if we lost with Robbie, we went all out, the players left it out on the pitch; but with Rafa, not only do we draw/lose, the players' performances make me want to gouge out my own eyes.

We have so many more difficult games to play. Both Mancs away, Liverpool away, Tottenham home (god I'm gonna cry if the Fat One fucks up our home record against them), Everton, Swansea... If we keep playing like this, then even the visits to St. Mary's and Villa Park will be anything but easy.

I just wonder how far the board's stubbornness will go. When are they going to do the only right thing 'to keep the club moving in the right direction' because we really are entering the vital part of the season.

After 60 mins or so in the game before the last one, we were 11 points ahead of Arsenal. Now its 5. We're fucked because we're a disgraceful gutless side with a shit manager. I now believe the top 4 will contain 2 teams from Manchester and 2 from scummy North London. 13 games to go including Tottenham at home, Everton at home, Liverpool away, Man Utd away, Man City away, we're in absolute shit street. Brace yourselves for a truly horrible end to the season.

Why is that worrying?

Rafa is nororious for beating top clubs then losing to shit teams. Maybe it will be an amazing end to the season if he stays true to form. Top 4 all the way.

Why is that worrying?

Rafa is nororious for beating top clubs then losing to shit teams. Maybe it will be an amazing end to the season if he stays true to form. Top 4 all the way.

Please send me whatever 'Optimism' pills you are taking...

I'm seeing 6th place written all over us again this year. In short progressed nowhere, backwards even as no CL Final!!!

Please send me whatever 'Optimism' pills you are taking...

I'm seeing 6th place written all over us again this year. In short progressed nowhere, backwards even as no CL Final!!!

Pills? No my friend, it is called Jack Daniels! :D

After the weekend games we are 1 point ahead of Spurs, 4 ahead of Everton and 5 ahead of Arsenal. Had Liverpool held on today I would have put them back in the race for the top 4.

Next round of fixtures:

Chelsea vs Wigan

Tottenham vs Newcastle

Sunderland vs Arsenal

Man Utd vs Everton

Would missing out on the Top Four be the worst thing in the world? It might actually give us a chance to stop and breathe for a moment, rather than continuing this relentless assault on the Champions League. I've said it before, but last year's win papered over a lot of cracks.

One could easily argue that we haven't been running this club properly for a number of years, keeping the ship together with duct tape rather than rebuilding it from the hull up. We finished sixth in the league last season and that was about right, but maybe this summer is the right time to blow it up and build something brand new.

We've started doing the right things in the transfer market and we're moving towards a point where youth team graduates could slot into the team. Missing out on the CL might actually force us to build something long-term rather than patch a broken system up and go again. We might even enjoy watching the games again (wouldn't that be nice?).

I'll admit I'm looking for silver linings in a very dark cloud, but sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can do the right things in future.