Are we going to finish in the top 4? - Achieved!

Styles

Will we finish in the top 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish in the top 4?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will but only because the teams around us are dropping points too.

We're pretty much fucked though. We should've taken our chance with this easy run in to establish a decent gap between third and the rest... Obviously that didn't happen. We still haven't had a tough run in... I fear the worst when we actually do get to that stage.

I think we will but only because the teams around us are dropping points too.

We're pretty much fucked though. We should've taken our chance with this easy run in to establish a decent gap between third and the rest... Obviously that didn't happen. We still haven't had a tough run in... I fear the worst when we actually do get to that stage.

We have some very tough stadiums to go to and and very tricky home games remaining. On current form we need the teams below us to capitulate because we're not going to get the points we need to qualify of our own accord.

No we wont, we are going to leak goals all over the place, teams can play against us.

Double Pivot is the problem but the board are just to stupid to see that, even now they could go and buy a midfielder, but they are not interested in the slightest.

When everyone is fit and available, we can and likely to finish in the Top 4. Just need to exit ASAP from the Europa League, even though I want us to win it. Less midweek games and more time to rest and prepare for domestic games in the weekend.

Who will finish above us? The two Manchester clubs and.....

Tottenham and Arsenal.

People will laugh at Arsenal but they usually turn it on once they're knocked out of the Champions League in February and have nothing else to play for. I would have also put Everton to finish above us but their squad is even smaller than ours thankfully so we have just enough to finish above a team that operates on less than half of our budget.

We finished 6th last year so at least 5th would be an improvement. Think Benitez would point that out to anybody who'd listen.

We finished 6th last year with, in my opinion, a stronger squad.

As long as Spurs keep bottling as we do, I can't see them getting past us. With the results we are having, we are not making progression nor degression. Sitting ducks.. meaning that most probably our place in the table will not change drastically.

Tottenham and Arsenal.

People will laugh at Arsenal but they usually turn it on once they're knocked out of the Champions League in February and have nothing else to play for. I would have also put Everton to finish above us but their squad is even smaller than ours thankfully so we have just enough to finish above a team that operates on less than half of our budget.

We finished 6th last year so at least 5th would be an improvement. Think Benitez would point that out to anybody who'd listen.

It's possible, but Arsenal are 8 points behind us at the moment. We've got Mikel, Moses and Luiz to come back and we might even do some business today. I'd find it hard to predict how it would turn out 4 months down the line. I couldn't even pick this weekend's results confidently, with us going to Newcastle, Spurs at West Brom and Arsenal home to Stoke. We could be one point clear or seven by Sunday evening.

As long as Spurs keep bottling as we do, I can't see them getting past us. With the results we are having, we are not making progression nor degression. Sitting ducks.. meaning that most probably our place in the table will not change drastically.

Spurs aren't bottling anything. I don't see them throwing away 2-0 leads to relegation candidates. They're favourites for third in my opinion.

It's possible, but Arsenal are 8 points behind us at the moment. We've got Mikel, Moses and Luiz to come back and we might even do some business today. I'd find it hard to predict how it would turn out 4 months down the line. I couldn't even pick this weekend's results confidently, with us going to Newcastle, Spurs at West Brom and Arsenal home to Stoke. We could be one point clear or seven by Sunday evening.

I agree anything can happen but with the way things are going it's more glass half empty than half full.

Mikel, Moses and Luiz will come back but we're also going to pick up injuries, suspensions and whatever else along the way so we are still short in several areas. That we had to use Benayoun last night, a player we were desperate to get rid of just a few months ago, says it all. This club is being run by idiots.

We have some very difficult games remaining and our small squad will be further stretched by the Europa and FA Cup. It is going to be a massive struggle and will most likely be determined by how badly Spurs, Arsenal and perhaps Everton fare as opposed to how we do. We need them to be just as bad as us and I doubt all three will be that.

Yes. Third. And comfortably.

We may be shit but as long as Spurs, Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool are taking points off one-another, we'll be fine.

Did you also think we'd finish top 4 last year? Go on, be honest.

I agree anything can happen but with the way things are going it's more glass half empty than half full.

Mikel, Moses and Luiz will come back but we're also going to pick up injuries, suspensions and whatever else along the way so we are still short in several areas. That we had to use Benayoun last night, a player we were desperate to get rid of just a few months ago, says it all. This club is being run by idiots.

We have some very difficult games remaining and our small squad will be further stretched by the Europa and FA Cup. It is going to be a massive struggle and will most likely be determined by how badly Spurs, Arsenal and perhaps Everton fare as opposed to how we do. We need them to be just as bad as us and I doubt all three will be that.

Spurs and Arsenal both have Europe too. Personally I'd just stick the youth team out in those games and focus on the league. All the teams have got tough games left and we've got Spurs at home so it's at least partly in our own hands.

It's going to be tough and I'm not confident by any means but we've got a four point gap at the moment and the teams around us simply aren't that much stronger than us.