Are we going to finish in the top 4? - Achieved!

Styles

Will we finish in the top 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish in the top 4?

Ba needs to start every league game from now on. I fully believe he would've bullied Liverpool's defence, especially Charrager.

Honestly, if we don't get top 4, we don't fucking deserve it. In retrospect, I was glad Sturridge had a part in both goals, maybe it'll show the board how fucking retarded they are for choosing Torres over every other striker we've had. Games like Fulham, West Ham, QPR, Southampton, Newcastle, Reading, if we can't beat those teams, we don't deserve it. Having one of the most negative managers at the helm certainly doesn't help.

The only silver lining I can see if we don't get top 4 is that it might prompt Roman to seek a new board/advisors that isn't a bunch complete bumbling idiots. Also, we might finally have a proper excuse to get rid of Torres and that would be absolutely amazing.

I really think we should have a proper discussion about this because it gets brought up so much as if it's an inarguable fact that our board are useless.

I think it's very easy to blame them and not look at the reality of the situation. Have mistakes been made? Absolutely. But let's look at their work (and I mean the board we have in place RIGHT NOW, not the blokes we had around a few years ago) as a whole and judge them rather than throwing around easy bait that has no purpose but to garner 'likes'.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definatley signs for concern. Was a huge 2 points dropped. Very Very tight for us, with the hardest run in IMO.

I don't belive that finishing 5th is an option, we HAVE to finish 4th. Finacially it's a no brainer. Young players/Worlds best don't want to waste a season playing for a team not in CL anymore. Times have changed.

Chelsea will get by without it, but at what cost? Look at Liverpool, struggling to attract the best. Finishing outside the top 4 for the second season running is inexcusable with the standards we have set ourselves. It is a must. Scary times ahead.

Time will only tell.

We don't have to finish fourth and we aren't fucking Liverpool.

Whatever happens, we need a new midfielder but we're not as far away from being a title contender as some people seem to think. We might even bring back some of our kids for loan next season and have a team that resembles this.

Cech

Azpi Terry Luiz Cole

Oscar Chalobah

Hazard Mata Schurrle

Lukaku

With our bench options I think we have a good shot at the league and I'd pay good money to watch that team. Whatever happens, the league has to be the highest priority next season because it's been too long since we've been able to say we're the best team in England.

And before anyone says that team is too young and that we'll never win anything with kids, I don't care. Quality and character are all that matters and that team has both in spades.

Whatever happens, we need a new midfielder but we're not as far away from being a title contender as some people seem to think. We might even bring back some of our kids for loan next season and have a team that resembles this.

Cech

Azpi Terry Luiz Cole

Oscar Chalobah

Hazard Mata Schurrle

Lukaku

With our bench options I think we have a good shot at the league and I'd pay good money to watch that team. Whatever happens, the league has to be the highest priority next season because it's been too long since we've been able to say we're the best team in England.

And before anyone says that team is too young and that we'll never win anything with kids, I don't care. Quality and character are all that matters and that team has both in spades.

This team is not good enough by any means, half of the players in this lineup arent even ready!

If we go to a season with this squad, we will be title contenders just as we were in the beginning of the season with RDM...

This team is not good enough by any means, half of the players in this lineup arent even ready!

If we go to a season with this squad, we will be title contenders just as we were in the beginning of the season with RDM...

Aren't ready? For what exactly?

In what way aren't they 'ready'? I'm really coming to the end of my tether with people looking on Wikiedia at someone's age and coming to the considered opinion that they're 'not ready'. Can you be anymore specific than that?

Cech

Azpi Terry Luiz Cole

Oscar Chalobah

Hazard Mata Schurrle

Lukaku

Yeah i pretty much agree with that tbh. Especially with some of the quality loanees we can bring back.

If we do a comparison with the current united team, how many of their players would get on to our team, (ofc different formations), but realistically, RVP, rooney, maybe one of thier Cm's and maybe vidic if he is on form.

I don't think yesterday's result will impact on us too much. I said if we get four points from Fulham and Liverpool away (two traditionally tough away matches) I'd be pleased. It's still in our hands. Win against Spurs and its job done.

We need to be very careful and also very clever as to who we buy in the summer for the midfield slot, we must get it right. United will spend and no doubt get it right, as they have managed to slide through another season without anyone of quality in there, this summer will see that change.

Carrick has been good but you just feel they are a top class midfielder away from being brilliant IMO.

Massive summer for us in terms of bringing people back and signings.

10 points from the last five games will be enough for a top four finish, in my opinion, as long as three of those points are against Spurs. Villa and Swansea are must-wins. United have the league sown up, so hopefully we can sneak a point at Old Trafford. Everton is always a tough one, but they haven't won at Stamford Bridge in a long, long time. I'm not too worried just yet - but if we don't beat Swansea, we're in deep trouble. However, we only really ever play well against the "big" teams, and we're playing three of them. That should get the motivation pumping!

Aren't ready? For what exactly?

In what way aren't they 'ready'? I'm really coming to the end of my tether with people looking on Wikiedia at someone's age and coming to the considered opinion that they're 'not ready'. Can you be anymore specific than that?

For instance, Chalobah and Oscar aren't ready to be our leading pivot for 40+ games a season and nor is Lukaku for the senior striker role. The first has absolutely no experience in the EPL (werent you the one wanting Modric ahead of Moutinho because he is proven in UK?), the second has to immensily improve his body to play in a position he has never played before and the third isn't even a starter for Wigan.

Also, we have no idea how good Schurrle is going to be. He might become a huge flop or have an average first season like Oscar and not contribute as much as we need him to.

That is because I am ignoring the fact Terry and Cole aren't the same...

The team you suggested is better than Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal (specially because of the bench options), but not better than the two Manchester teams. Meaning we wont be fighting for the title...

For instance, Chalobah and Oscar aren't ready to be our leading pivot for 40+ games a season and nor is Lukaku for the senior striker role. The first has absolutely no experience in the EPL (werent you the one wanting Modric ahead of Moutinho because he is proven in UK?), the second has to immensily improve his body to play in a position he has never played before and the third isn't even a starter for Wigan.

Improve his body? I think he's shown he can put himself about as much as anyone. He has an extremely high workrate, he's tenacious and he's composed on the ball. Is he much smaller than Modric or Moutinho? Chalobah has experience in the Championship, but he's got something about him and I don't think he'd disgrace the club or the shirt if he were given a shot.

Also, we have no idea how good Schurrle is going to be. He might become a huge flop or have an average first season like Oscar and not contribute as much as we need him to.

That is because I am ignoring the fact Terry and Cole aren't the same...

The team you suggested is better than Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal (specially because of the bench options), but not better than the two Manchester teams. Meaning we wont be fighting for the title...

We've shown we can beat United and give City a run for their money. I really don't think we're as far away from these teams as our detractors might suggest. I think we've just got to show a little faith in our club and not expect things to be handed to us on a plate.

Arsenal may on paper have the easiest run in, but can you remember the title race in 2010 when they supposedly did aswell, remember what happened there?

Spurs seem to have a mental block when it comes to playing Chelsea, even last year when they were better than us we still managed to beat them 5-1, i can't see them getting anything at The Bridge is the stakes are so high.

Can you please learn how to quote? Geeez.

Improve his body? I think he's shown he can put himself about as much as anyone. He has an extremely high workrate, he's tenacious and he's composed on the ball. Is he much smaller than Modric or Moutinho? Chalobah has experience in the Championship, but he's got something about him and I don't think he'd disgrace the club or the shirt if he were given a shot.

Oscar needs to work on his body, he is still weak for European football and that is clear when he tries to work his possession in thight spaces. He often loses the ball and fall to the ground...

Chalobah must be given the chance, not the starting role in his very first season with a CFC shirt. You went from wanting to start him from giving him a chance, that shows a lot already.

You believe in Terry, Cole and Lukaku in the starting role to give us real title chances?

We've shown we can beat United and give City a run for their money. I really don't think we're as far away from these teams as our detractors might suggest. I think we've just got to show a little faith in our club and not expect things to be handed to us on a plate.

It is not about beating them, it is about making more points. You already start a season knowing Manure will make at least 80 points and City will be close by...

You honestly believe this team can make 80+ points?

Can you please learn how to quote? Geeez.

Oscar needs to work on his body, he is still weak for European football and that is clearly when he tries to work his possession in thight spaces. He often loses the ball and fall to the ground...

Again I completely disagree and think that you're looking at his size, rather than what he does in matches.

How many times has he done that thing where he uses his body to shield players who are about 3 yards away from the ball? He's intelligent enough to position his body between opposition players and the ball. Falling to the ground is fine if he gets free kicks too - I really think you're overstating a problem that doesn't exist in the first place.

Chalobah must be given the chance, not the starting role in his very first season with a CFC shirt. You went from wanting to start him from giving him a chance, that shows a lot already.

What I've wanted from the start is for him to be given a fair shot at the shirt in pre-season. That's purely because I think he'll prove himself better than Mikel in a fair fight.

You believe in Terry, Cole and Lukaku in the starting role to give us real title chances?

Yes, with rotation. I think there's a question mark over Terry and that we should be looking for a replacement for him, but Cole is still good enough and Lukaku seems to be going from strength to strength.

It is not about beating them, it is about making more points. You already start a season knowing Manure will make at least 80 points and City will be close by...

You honestly believe this team can make 80+ points?

Yep. That's not many more than I'd expect from this season - imagine if we'd beat QPR and held onto a few more winning scores. This team is not far away from being very good.

One heartbreaking moment and we are already crying about finishing out of TOP4? I hope our players aren't mentally as handicapped as some here, fragile and fickle. I'm confident we will be playing in the Champions League next season but if we aren't then it is something we have to deal with and suck it up, handle it and make corrections.

At the start of the season I thought this would be a year for Mata, Hazard, Oscar to gel their teamwork etc, but it has more been about the team having to play without the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Cole. In that regards we haven't done bad, looking forward to next season -be it in CL or not - I'm more for getting our hands on the Premier League trophy again.

Arsenal may on paper have the easiest run in, but can you remember the title race in 2010 when they supposedly did aswell, remember what happened there?

Spurs seem to have a mental block when it comes to playing Chelsea, even last year when they were better than us we still managed to beat them 5-1, i can't see them getting anything at The Bridge is the stakes are so high.

Exactly!in 2010, it came down to an easy run-in and Arsenal bottled it with only 1 win in their last 5 games. Wigan away - 2-0 up to 3-2 was possibly the hammer blow. their 4 remaining games now -

United H - Not easy even if United don't maintain intensity.

QPR A - Ok, This one is probably an easy 3-pointer

Wigan H - Wigan are in another relegation shootout. They have stunned Arsenal at The Emirates remember

Newcastle A - Again, edgy

That's 2 or maybe 3 potential pitfalls in the remaining 4 games

This team is weak, it lacks cohesion and quality in many areas. We don't have a strong squad. If we did we wouldn't be battling for 4th with Spurs and Arsenal. That's our level now and it perplexes me to see you talking about a title challenge!

Agree completely. Some of the talks about mounting a title challenge next season (despite the possibility of us finishing 5th) is bewildering if I'm being honest. I mean.....I'm I just over-exaggerating the direness of our current situation or are people just not seeing what's being happening? We finished 6th last season, might possibly finish out of the top 4 again this season (despite a staggering 80 mill spent on players) and people think that we can somehow bounce back to win the league next season? I get that this is a transition period and I get that that many of our players are still very young, new to the league and still very much developing; but when 80 mil is spent in one summer on transfers and the squad is still short in depth, strength and talent in large areas, then I question whether we're really moving in the right direction. I also question if the person making all these signings has the slightest idea what they’re doing.

I'm thrilled that we've shifted to a youth policy but as it stands right now I haven't seen any clear indication or signs that the club is moving forward and learning from past mistakes made around transfers dealings. We’re still doing the same thing as we did before; the only difference is that we’ve become singularly focused on signing young players while spending more. In fact, this fixation we seem to have with acquiring all the young talents in the world resembles a ‘youth version’ of that ridiculous galactico policy real madrid had several years ago. We keep on stockpiling all these young attacking talents with no clear plan as to how they would all fit into our formation.

Call me a pessimist, but until I begin to see signs that this club recognizes that there’s more to building a squad than simply scouting young talents, won’t be feeling optimistic about the future.