Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

So - He currently averages 1 goal every 3 games, yes? That's a better strike rate (based on current form) than Van Persie, Torres, Aguero, and I believe even Rooney(?) It's also a bit better than the striker partner he left behind at Newcastle, Cisse.

This is with him still adapting to the team as he has not been given a fair run in the team yet with the stupid rotation policy and the fact that he's not eligible for the Europa League.

If rumours are to be believed, he did indeed join us for only single figures (in the millions obviously). It's rare that we spend under £10m for a first team player, isn't it?

I believe that's a good return we've got, especially considering not just the goal-to-game ratio of 1-3, but the vital goals which you can sometimes just not put a price on like yesterday.

There's little point in even going into his all-round play as it's far superior to what our other striker has to offer.

On top of all that, we've seemed to have brought a genuinely nice, humble guy into the squad. My head tells me he'll be gone already in the Summer to some team like Monaco unfortunately, but I really do hope he stays and continues to play a part. If that does indeed happen, it looks like we'd either make a profit, break even, or take a loss of around £3/4m (which again is quite decent for our club given how many losses we typically made over the past.)

I say this deal has been a success.

I think Demba has been an excellent signing. I think he was bought as an "interim " striker until the summer.

I still think he is a short term signing. Much will depend on how he is viewed by our next manager.

Personally I think we need Three strikers so I would settle for Ba , Lukaku and the new buy

Wasn't that just before he was coming off for Torres, indicating if it was him that was coming off?

You-Dont-Say.jpg

Actually took the time to find that image rather at looking at the title of the video and how Milan.Cech thought it was a cheeky gesture of Ba pointing at himself for the man of the match when that wasn't at all happening and I was simply correcting the incident.

Poor attempt you boring twat. :rolleyes:

Actually took the time to find that image rather at looking at the title of the video and how Milan.Cech thought it was a cheeky gesture of Ba pointing at himself for the man of the match when that wasn't at all happening and I was simply correcting the incident.

Poor attempt you boring twat. :rolleyes:

Do you really, REALLY think I am so stupid that I thought THAT? Christ...

He's quality and is a proper striker. He's shown that he'll be good for us and for the price tag too it was great business. He would have a better strike rate if he played more and stayed on too. He had a bad game against West Ham and suddenly he was shit, no better than Torres and a crap signing.

Demba Ba has a lot of qualities. Glad he can rest now and unleash on Di Canio.

Winning trophies is better for your CV than finishing fourth

Ba, 27, insisted: “When you retire, no one remembers that you finished in the top four.

“But they do remember you won a trophy, so it’s important as a player that you win a trophy. Yes, the top four is

very important — but we want a trophy.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4870798/Demba-Bas-FA-Cup-dream.html#ixzz2PP321xv1

What a goal by a very good player. He was immense in the second half. He held the ball up like Drogba used to and brought others into play.

Fast becoming one of my favourite players from the current squad. Humble, hard-working and good ability. What more can you ask for from a player?

Demba is the man. Quickly becoming one of my favorites.

What I love about him is that he's humble to the core, and selfless. So rare these days with primadonna crybaby strikers that demand playing time like it's a birth right. He's quality to be a first team player on any team, but understands his role with Chelsea.

Buy the man a syrup!