• Lampard(sub)
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Marin(sub)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a proper DM and Luiz nowhere near the field would complete this team

wow! after the game Cahill had I'd say a proper CB since Chelsea supporters don't like ball playing defenders (Rio, Phil Jones, Luiz...).

Gary Cahill can do no wrong.

^^ Cahill + Iva solid?! 2 games, 2 early goals one of which at home and a loss. Make no mistake, against a decent side today's defensive performance would have led to a defeat, Ba or not.

A good comeback win after conceding early(and first...again). The win was made all the better with Ba scoring 2 goals on his debut and Lampard equaling Kerry Dixon's goalscoring record for the club. :D

And also...

Chelsea have scored at least 5 goals in each of the 4 domestic cup matches this season - 6 vs Wolves, 5 vs Man United, 5 vs Leeds(in League Cup) and now 5 vs Southampton in the FA Cup.

However, the slightly worrying thing is...

Chelsea have conceded the first goal of the game in 5 of their last 7 matches in all competitions.

We need to be cutting that out!

You all know the match is finished right? We won big, Ba scored a brace in his debut and Lampsy is now the second highest goal scorer in club history. What's not to be thrilled?! Arguing who should take the penalty is bloody pointless.

FFS I came to this thread to see some celebratory posts not the pettiest argument in the world about who took the penalty. We won 5-1 if you didn't notice!

Excellent performance by our front four, especially after we conceded. Cole and Azpi were also outstanding throughout the match. The latter was my MOTM; he was trying to be involved in everything and didn't stop running for 90 mins (nor did Rami for that matter).

If I may. At the start most of these posters sniveled, complained how bad Chelsea were playing, then when the team popped 3 goals in suddenly we read how great the team was. Now, after Chelsea won 5:1 still I read complains. Sometimes, I wonder about it, don´t you ?

Anyone who doesn't vote Ba motm is cruel n harsh imo lol. Mata is a genuis, a god, a super fucking magician we all know and was again today but for Demba Ba to sign yesterday and have the pressure of coming to a club like ours, with Torres as his direct opponent knowing he has to get goals and to nearly get a hat trick on his debut is awesomly brilliant. He's a proper striker, his movement was unlike anything we have seen this season (another pop at poof). Great performance and fantastic result. Sign Luke Shaw up (my brother knows him, he is a Chelsea fan).

Taking each game at a time lol.Not getting to excited about things yet cause seemed wooo before QPR and that brought things back down.Hope Ba can carry on and not this be his debut goals and none for a while...Good on Lampard for his record!! Onwards to Weds we go..

Anyone who doesn't vote Ba motm is cruel n harsh imo lol. Mata is a genuis, a god, a super fucking magician we all know and was again today but for Demba Ba to sign yesterday and have the pressure of coming to a club like ours, with Torres as his direct opponent knowing he has to get goals and to nearly get a hat trick on his debut is awesomly brilliant. He's a proper striker, his movement was unlike anything we have seen this season (another pop at poof). Great performance and fantastic result. Sign Luke Shaw up (my brother knows him, he is a Chelsea fan).

Luke Shaw really is a true Chelsea fan, he wrote on his twitter that we are crazy to let Lampsy go.

I can see both sides. But some people are extremely on one side or the other. For me, i maybe would have given it to demba ba to get his debut hat trick team morale etc, but if reports are to be believed and lampard is out of the door he needs to take his oppertunities to get his goals. And i would live to see lampy break the record more so than a demba ba hat-tricjk which also would have been an extremely secial thing on debut. There is also the fact that he is our taker and one of the best if not the best from the spot. Also there was still 10 mins left in the game... All in all, i think that it doesn't matter. Demba ba had a MOTM winning game, the world and his wife saw that, lamps scored and took the pen as is his right to do so and we go marching on... Be happy people... :)

I can see both sides. But some people are extremely on one side or the other. For me, i maybe would have given it to demba ba to get his debut hat trick team morale etc,

This may sound harsh but I don't really think Ba needs a hat-trick to boost his morale or the team's. He's not like that weak minded Torres. The fact that he already got 2 on his debut would have pleased him. Ba would understand the situation about Lampard as he still has plenty of time to get his hat-trick for us and I'm sure the team would just be as happy with Lampard equaling Kerry Dixon's goalscoring record.