• Luiz
    • Mata
    • Hazard
    • Moses
    • Ba
    • Lampard(sub)
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Marin(sub)

:lol: When Lampard's on the pitch, Lampard takes the pens. Simple.

Southampton started well, pressed us very well/high up the pitch (our weakness lately). Although they couldn't sustain it for long enough and didn't give themselves enough of an advantage whilst they were on top. We played some good stuff after that, still a bit too careless at times though for my liking. Luiz being the most guilty culprit. Azpilicueta's crossing was awful, but it looks like a great avenue for Ba when he gets it right. Impressed with Moses yet again, we're going to miss him on the flanks.

Speaking of Ba, i'd forgotten how good it is when we have a real powerhouse up front. :lol: He absolutely dwarfs the three behind him. His runs were good, his link up play was good and he took his goals well. Great debut.

All in all, a pleasing performance.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may sound harsh but I don't really think Ba needs a hat-trick to boost his morale or the team's. He's not like that weak minded Torres. The fact that he already got 2 on his debut would have pleased him. Ba would understand the situation about Lampard as he still has plenty of time to get his hat-trick for us and I'm sure the team would just be as happy with Lampard equaling Kerry Dixon's goalscoring record.

I wasn't saying he needed it for team morale and perhaps i should have been more exact rather than just saying etc, i was just saying i saw the argument for people wanting him to take it as it would be a great introduction to the team and which would assist in raising the team morale. He seems like a great guy and doesn't have an incredibly high ego that needs to be satisfied. I don't even think he even expected or asked for the pen which shows a lot about him and it seems like a great thing... Especially with his team persona, celebrating with everyone etc, and i agree i think he would be extremely happy for lampard to reach that achievement.

That was the best away game I have ever been to. The support was unreal and the smoke bombs and bangers were brilliant

Oh and the score was quite nice too

I don't get to many away games but when i do they are always something special as we can drum up some support... :)

So, in the space of 10 months, we have had these results with big scorelines:

1. Tottenham 1-5 Chelsea

2. Chelsea 6-0 Wolves

3. Chelsea 6-1 Nordsjaelland

4. Leeds 1-5 Chelsea

5. Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa

6. Southampton 1-5 Chelsea

Everyone I know of who attended are saying this was the best away atmosphere in years - I agree.

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, WE'VE GOT UNTIL MAY!

Leeds last month was better, though today was good fun. However the bang today was louder than at Elland Rd, once again was right next to me and sh*t myself!

1. Tottenham 1-5 Chelsea

2. Chelsea 6-0 Wolves

4. Leeds 1-5 Chelsea

You either have an insanely good memory, an eidetic memory... or you know of a fairly reliable statistics website. :P

You either have an insanely good memory, an eidetic memory... or you know of a fairly reliable statistics website. :P

Mainly the first two you mentioned there. If I forget, then of course I'll check websites. Then again, it's hard to forget results like those when we steamrolled opponents. :D

I've noticed Jason is incredible when it comes to this thing of stats, and honestly, I am the same so I believe he remembers it without using any sources :D

1. Tottenham 1-5 Chelsea

2. Chelsea 6-0 Wolves

4. Leeds 1-5 Chelsea

The worrying thing is that it went from

Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa to

Chelsea 0-1 QPR in like 2 weeks.

Then we hammer Southampton away 5-1. It's a bit mad, it's unpredictable 1999 Chelsea again woooo.

The worrying thing is that it went from

Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa to

Chelsea 0-1 QPR in like 2 weeks.

Then we hammer Southampton away 5-1. It's a bit mad, it's unpredictable 1999 Chelsea again woooo.

Lets just say we had a bad day in the office against QPR...

Well, we started the season with like 7 wins from 8 or something like that, then 7 or 8 without a win then 8-0 against Villa, 0-1 against QPR. We've scored 21 goals in 4 domestic cup games this season and we've lost 3 finals. We're unpredictable again :D

Lampard has a selfish streak and has done for years. I tell you what there has been plenty of times when he has ignored a better placed teammate to smack one from 25 yards.

At least Ba showed a little class today and let him have it instead of asking for it.

I doubt some of you were into football back in these days but watch this

I am sorry but fuck off.