• Luiz
    • Mata
    • Hazard
    • Moses
    • Ba
    • Lampard(sub)
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Marin(sub)

I know this will upset some of you but I think it was an absolute disgrace that Lampard didn't let Ba take that penalty. Our new striker on a hattrick on his debut and he didn't let him take it. That for me goes down as one of the most selfish things I've ever seen in the game. When he eventually leaves in the summer I'll remember things like that and I won't shed a tear.

Are you fucking kidding me? What an insane reaction. One of the best players in Chelsea history, and you hate him because he didn't give a penalty in an FA Cup game for the fifth goal to Ba? Why is Ba getting a hat trick so important? He played very well, scored two goals. What's wrong with that? In what world is scoring a hat trick more important than trying to get the Chelsea goal scoring record?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome game... brilliant comeback. but the first 30 odd minutes showed how much we struggle when mata does not get into the game. we need a PLAN B when things are not going the mata-way.BA showed what we had been missing for the past 6 months, a strikr with an eye for goal.great start to his chelsea career and could have been even more awesome if his header was not saved. moreover i kinda expected Lamps to give Ba the ball for his hattrick which in my opinion he should have. for the rest, azpi and rambo were awesome and ran the whole match. mata, hazard were themselves. moses had a brilliant match as did the rest of our defenders. (by the way what the hell was iva doing in the box for an open play). special mention to TURNBULL, he is far far better than most of us chelsea fans would have people believe.

most importantly, hopefully this would be the start of torres' end.

Are you fucking kidding me? What an insane reaction. One of the best players in Chelsea history, and you hate him because he didn't give a penalty in an FA Cup game for the fifth goal to Ba? Why is Ba getting a hat trick so important? He played very well, scored two goals. What's wrong with that? In what world is scoring a hat trick more important than trying to get the Chelsea goal scoring record?

Also Lampard is now level with Dixon on 193 goals, to me that's more important than a hattrick.

Lampard wants to leave on a high like Drogba did, and being Chelsea's highest goal scorer of all time would be something else.

Great game, poor first 30 minutes but we found our feet towards the end of the first half.

Moses, Mata and Hazard all played well but for me Ba was MOTM.

On a negative note; Dave needs to work on his crossing, and Luiz needs to work on his passing.

Overall, very impressive performance, so glad we finally have a striker who scores.

I know this will upset some of you but I think it was an absolute disgrace that Lampard didn't let Ba take that penalty. Our new striker on a hattrick on his debut and he didn't let him take it. That for me goes down as one of the most selfish things I've ever seen in the game. When he eventually leaves in the summer I'll remember things like that and I won't shed a tear.

Yup upset me!

After all Frank has done for the club!

BA will get his chance to make his own records :)

In what world is scoring a hat trick more important than trying to get the Chelsea goal scoring record?

When the most important thing on your mind is the next game.

Like I said, I don't blame him for taking it but there are captains out there who would've given the ball to the new lad who facilitated the win today and said 'here are, you take it'.

Frank needs to be given every chance to score goals now, he has to break the record. Especially with the rumours about his future.

Its becoming a really bad mentality that some people now only seem to care about Lampard breaking the goalscoring record.

Chelsea winning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lampard getting record all the time.

When the most important thing on your mind is the next game.

Like I said, I don't blame him for taking it but there are captains out there who would've given the ball to the new lad who facilitated the win today and said 'here are, you take it'.

Most captains would but most captains aren't also the penalty taker who is chasing the club record in goals. If not getting a hat-trick effects Ba's game, then he has the sensitivity of an overly sensitive little girl. He had a great game. He worked well with his teammates. It was a great building block for future games. I fail to see any possible scenario where Ba not getting a hat-trick hurts the team. I can't even imagine of how Lampard taking it is a negative for the team in any way.

Its becoming a really bad mentality that some people now only seem to care about Lampard breaking the goalscoring record.

Chelsea winning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lampard getting record all the time.

Well, he still is the first penalty taker and this was what I meant.

Most captains would but most captains aren't also the penalty taker who is chasing the club record in goals. If not getting a hat-trick effects Ba's game, then he has the sensitivity of an overly sensitive little girl. He had a great game. He worked well with his teammates. It was a great building block for future games. I fail to see any possible scenario where Ba not getting a hat-trick hurts the team. I can't even imagine of how Lampard taking it is a negative for the team in any way.

Because it's a nice thing to do. It's good for team morale for the new guy to come in and score a hat-trick.

It's also good for morale when one of the senior guys walks over to the new guy, gives him the ball and says 'here you go'. A couple of the older players did that for Piazon against Villa and people mentioned what a classy thing it was to do.

On the other hand Lamps is after the record. Like I said, I can see both sides. Personally, I don't think the goalscoring record matters a jot in regards his status as a Chelsea legend but it's a nice record to have.

Could say a lot about BA's excellent debut and for the simple fact that he has made a million and one Chelsea fans happy today, I gave him my vote. Having said that today's game belonged to Frank for reaching the 193 goals landmark, the second highest goalscorer in Chelsea history and all from midfield. Legendary status forever more.

I think if demba knew about lampards record he would have let him.

I'll take a lampard all time record breaking goal over a demba ba hatrick anytime.