• Ba
    • Lampard(sub)
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Marin(sub)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Lampard could have allowed Ba to take the penalty ,Debut hat trick is quite rare

Tough call. Of course he wants to get that record, but some captains would have given the new guy a chance to get a hat-trick on his debut. Can't criticise him for wanting to take it though.

I thought Lampard could have allowed Ba to take the penalty ,Debut hat trick is quite rare

Frank needs to be given every chance to score goals now, he has to break the record. Especially with the rumours about his future.

Thought Marin was quite good as well when he came on. Made a lot of runs and managed to get past their defenders on a few occassions. Lampard was superbly looking for him, especially that one pass with just one touch.

Now that we have a striker, FSW should be masacred if he makes Torres his first choice.

Now we have seen what he can do, i am sure we will all be chanting his name if we need a goal from somewhere and he is on the bench. I would say he has done enough in one game to be given a run in the side. Torres will have to make an impact of the bench if he wants to win his starting place back.

Ba is going to get all the headlines, and he deserves them to be fair. It was a breath of fresh air to have a striker that poses a constant goal threat.

But how good was Mata? It just shows how much we missed him against QPR. How many times did he take the ball down from the air with an amazing first touch? And with ease too. It's no secret, but Mata is truly a class act. A future CFC legend.

I know this will upset some of you but I think it was an absolute disgrace that Lampard didn't let Ba take that penalty. Our new striker on a hattrick on his debut and he didn't let him take it. That for me goes down as one of the most selfish things I've ever seen in the game. When he eventually leaves in the summer I'll remember things like that and I won't shed a tear.

The commentators were saying that maybe Lampard insisted on taking the penalty because he's leaving imminently.... this week before the next fixture.

After the penalty he made a solo trip to fans behind the goal and appeared to say " I love you all ". The commenators were speculating that it looked like it was a special farewell gesture !!

Hope they're wrong... :cry:

I know this will upset some of you but I think it was an absolute disgrace that Lampard didn't let Ba take that penalty. Our new striker on a hattrick on his debut and he didn't let him take it. That for me goes down as one of the most selfish things I've ever seen in the game. When he eventually leaves in the summer I'll remember things like that and I won't shed a tear.

I can see where you're coming from mate, although the word 'disagrace' might be a bit too harsh. But surely you can understand, after everything Lampard has given to this club, why Lampard took it himself?

Very happy for Ba. Keep doing good work, he realy fits the team, if I was some guy who never watches football, I could easy say Ba has hid club all over his heart. Very humble player and very honest too, you dont see that many times. Him and Mata make great pair. Im sure Nino is jelous, but he had 1000 chances to prove and thats it. He just isnt Chelsea sadly.

Great performance from team overall, except we have huge unstability right now. Some huge wins and weak defeats. I guess the team is young and needs to play more together thats all.

Wow!!!

I'm quite impressed. We can't expect them to be perfect all 90 minutes, they still need time to gel and they have listened instructions of two managers in short period of time.

Playing nice and flow isn't imperative.

Fighting, showing spirit and giving their best is. That shall do it this season and they did it tonight.

We have lacked a striker so bad. Just does the simple things, with our plethora of creative options he will get chances if he just makes the obvious runs.

Ba kept doing everything that Torres hasn't been doing and reaped the rewards.

I bet his scoring rate improves playing with better players, Hazard and Mata among others.

I still believe that our players can make world class striker with goal scoring record similar to Falcao's , and Ba , if remains healty, has everything that takes.

It's such refreshing to have a proper striker again.

Very impressed by Moses too.

Nice to know we are still able to buy quality for little money, like he, Ba and Azpi show.

I just hope Benitez will find a way to nurture Oscar better.

A special prayer, Lord please keep Demba Ba's knees intact, so we can enjoy his goals when he trains more with the 3 amigos, so we can salvage a crumbling season orchestrated by the number 9. Amen

The commentators were saying that maybe Lampard insisted on taking the penalty because he's leaving imminently.... this week before the next fixture.

After the penalty he made a solo trip to fans behind the goal and appeared to say " I love you all ". The commenators were speculating that it looked like it was a special farewell gesture !!

Hope they're wrong... :cry:

Would be insane to let Lampard go on so many levels. We lack numbers in the midfield with Romeu's injury and so forth. I think he just wants to get to that goal scoring record, perhaps make a statement aswell, to show he still has it (which in my opinion he does, always been brilliant. Just check his scoring and assists season by season, very stable) He just perhaps thanked the fans for the support, as they did sing "Sign him up, sign him up" when Lamps was subbed on. I sure hope so atleast, he and JT are on whole another level when it comes to being a club figure, even Drogba didn't reach that.