Everton 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

4fe74677d306bb65351de3bd44390c9e.jpg

If you're asking would I prefer to have Lampard or Gerrard, it's no contest.

If you're asking would I prefer to have Lampard or Xavi and Iniesta.......

If you're asking which of those choices would best fit the way Chelsea are looking to play over the next 3-5 years then you need more than just pictures showing stats.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result, all about character but a sloppy start and some luck today.

Far too many doom-mongers ready to give up the game after a slow start and ready to jump on the back of the manager. If we're going to have success this year then everyone needs to believe in the squad.

Everyone in that side contributed though today and a great day with the signing of a striker looking closer.

I must admit you were right.

Let's not get too excited, we didn't deserve to win the game. Everton hit the post twice, the bar, cech and turnbul made a save and jelavic missed a clear chance right at the end. More like a grinded out result right there...

I said it and i'll say it again. We deserved to win the game. We played the football. Yes they hit bar and post but we missed chances too and should've wrapped the game up. I'm very happy the way we played and my opinion is 100% we deserved the 3 points for the effort and the actual football that was played.

Solid, solid. Like Chelsea from the good days. Lampard + Luiz worked really great in the mid, Ramires was also really good in right. Cahill was as good as well as a CB. Why the club is even thinking about letting Lampard go is beyond me, its clear he re-invented hilself as a more defensive player, and yes, he has the discipline.

Turnbull did not fucked the game, and thats good enough. Torres is really hopeless, I'm not sure the reason why the press keep saying Rafa reinvigorated Torres. Its sad, but Torres future lies elsewhere.

I thought ramires was horrible for most of the game on the wing, except 2 runs and the cross for the assist.

Luiz had a decent game today, and he's still only played a few games in that position - of which we've won the last 4 now I think.

Don't think so. He once again sloppy with his passes. His positioning was terrible as is evident with the goal and the osman shot that Cech saved. He kept being draw to the wing on the defense leaving Pinaar to wreck havoc in the middle. His defending was naive and too aggressive. At the end he should have been sent off; he made two challenges that would have gotten him a second yellow if Web was to be strict. His recklessness nearly let the team down.

Don't think so. He once again sloppy with his passes. His positioning was terrible as is evident with the goal and the osman shot that Cech saved. He kept being draw to the wing on the defense leaving Pinaar to wreck havoc in the middle. His defending was naive and too aggressive. At the end he should have been sent off; he made two challenges that would have gotten him a second yellow if Web was to be strict. His recklessness nearly let the team down.

Absolutely agree.. Ramires, Luiz and Azpilicueta disappointed me with their sloppy careless passes, but in the end it was 3 points.. deserved or not - we get them anyway :)

Pienaar and Baines were very good.. howcome Pienaar didn't make it at Tottenham?

Result was needless to say brilliant. Gameplay was shaky but that's what you've got to do sometimes - ride your luck and grind it out. Has been a long-long month and I'm sure this result will boost our confidence. Torres had 2-3 great chances that you'd expect a world class striker to put away but that's life - Jelavic was out of luck on the other side. Didn't like Azpilicueta nor Hazard today, were out of place and haven't seen "that brilliance" from him since we signed him, he has a lot to prove still, but let's keep in mind he is only 21. Oscar changed the attacking game for us, such a fighter he is.

Well done to the squad, let's hope Cech is fine and to any Everton fan reading - tough luck, you were as good as always, hate our games against you.

Agree with you there, too raw and rash for me. I was quite suprised to read the reports of the games when he has been in the midfield that he has done brilliantly - I've failed to spot it thus far.

There were about a dozen things wrong with the first goal, of which Luiz's positioning was one (Cole's was far more shocking and I'll have to check this but I think he's into double digits for the amount of times he's played in that position). Pienaar was wreaking havoc from the left-wing into the left-channels because he's a good player and Everton are very good there. Ramires's defensive work was actually pretty poor but that will go unnoticed because everything else he did was 'lacking polish'.

He deserved a yellow card and I don't think anyone could look at his display and think Webb would give him a red.

Certain 'fans' seem to want us and certain players to be worse than they actually are. He played well, we played well and I hope you find a way to be happy with that.

I thought ramires was horrible for most of the game on the wing, except 2 runs and the cross for the assist.

Disagree...

Ramires was no Moses, but he held Baines in check and drove the team forward on several occassions. He was also the only player to not lose his head in the first 30 mins, and fittingly grabbed the assist for Lampard's goal.

Disagree...

Ramires was no Moses, but he held Baines in check and drove the team forward on several occassions. He was also the only player to not lose his head in the first 30 mins, and fittingly grabbed the assist for Lampard's goal.

He had a pretty mediocre game to be honest. A few sloppy touches, a few nice ones and he worked his bollocks off all day.

But I don't think he had much effect on Baines if I'm honest and thought we probably could've gone with Moses and not seen much different defensively.

Rafael Benitez: "I think it was a great win for us. Character, commitment, quality."

Benitez: 'It was a great win and the players showed passion, commitment and character.' #CFC

Benitez: 'We put Ramires on the right against Baines and he had a great game and we knew Lampard could score goals.' #CFC

Benitez on Cech injury: "He felt something. We don't want to take any risks. We'll have to do a scan and see what it is." Thigh problem

Benitez reports Petr Cech has a muscle injury and will be scanned to assess how long he will be out. #CFC

Benitez: "Japan was important for us, because we were together a long time. Still we are making mistakes, but the team is much better."

Benitez: 'Now it is importnat to recover quickly for the QPR game. They are struggling a bit but that makes them dangerous.' #CFC

Benitez does not expect John Terry to be fit in time for the QPR game. #CFC

Benitez: 'Frank Lampard is under contract and he is doing well. My job is to keep him fit, playing well and scoring goals.' #CFC