Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mata pulled the strings?What?He was awful,specially on the first half,and that made us awful.we only created a chance somewhere near the 25th minute because him,hazard and ramires kept losing posession

Mata pulled the strings?What?He was awful,specially on the first half,and that made us awful.we only created a chance somewhere near the 25th minute because him,hazard and ramires kept losing posession

If you want to blame Mata, Hazard and Ramires for us losing possession, then I think the whole team should be blamed instead. For the first 25-30 minutes, the whole team was practically awful, not just those 3 you mentioned. The team wasn't calm and composed enough on the ball and that wasn't helped with the fact that Everton pressurized us all over the pitch, forcing us into making mistakes and just lumping the ball forward.

After the half hour mark, we began to settle down and Mata as well as Ramires arguably looked our two most dangerous attacking players going forward. They ran with the ball into the space in front of them and drove the team forward. Some of the chances that we had in the first half was because of those attacking runs.

Another hypercritical review regarding Luiz, you can say he wasnt that good, but your last line "his recklessness nearly let the team down" is way too stupid. Luiz got his yellow in the last 15 minutes or so for a ugly foul on Pienaar, but after that he NEVER had another foul worth a yellow card.

He made at least 2 fouls after that, where he could've gotten a second yellow. he got yellow in the 69' (so that makes 25 minutes left) Get your facts right! ;)

The foul on Pienaar was a payback btw. (Pienaar made a late challenge on him 2 minutes before that one...) That's just a stupid yellow to take imo. As a player you should get over such things and dont make any unnecessary fouls based on revenge...

Oh hey it's you again, insulting people who doesn't share the same opinion as you.

What would you call someone who says that Messi is a terrible player? I would call such a person an idiot. And it wouldnt be because that person doesnt agree with me, but because some people are simply clueless.

All these complaints about Luiz, Hazard and Torres... Really? Am I the only one that saw Mata was our worst player for the second game in a row. And it wasn't particularly close.

He can't hold on to the ball, he was ridiculously slow in making any sort of decision, and his passes were atrocious. People love finding the easy targets and going at them every game. I was shocked to see Mata hadn't been taken out of the game earlier. He was costing us in link up play. Hazard was quite effective with the ball, making descent passes and drawing multiple defenders whenever he had the ball. Only problem was trying to find the ball at times. Same with Luiz. Did his job and was a good momentum starter for us coming from the back. Torres was atrocious in front of goal but he did set up quite a few chances with the way he linked up with the midfield unlike Mata.

Mata needs to sit for a game. Might be due to being gassed and tired. Put Hazard in the middle and get Oscar out wide with Moses and we should be okay.

It was in the first half he was the worst along with ramires. He lost the ball anytime an everton player closed him down I was literally screaming.... But he grew some balls in the 2nd half and didn't just kick the ball away when osman closed him down.

Luiz makes mistakes, just like any other player. He also does many good things, just like most other players. But until recently we always played him as a centre-back, so people were fairly intolerant of his mistakes, which is understandable. Now Luiz is playing in midfield but people are used to focusing on his mistakes and I think it's a bit harsh to be honest.

What really annoys me is that when we were playing against Leeds, we were having a torrid time in the first half and Lampard was already booked for a reckless challenge after 15 or so minutes. But whenever he made any more reckless challenges after that, people did not say he was idiot because he could have been sent off. They actually said he was making them proud. There was no 'he could have been sent off' or anything like that and Lampard was playing in the same position as Luiz did against Everton and it was even earlier in the match.

Also, how Luiz can be blamed for Everton's goal, I have no idea. He was in the correct position and did nothing wrong and couldn't have prevented the goal in any way. It was Hazard who needlessly gave away the ball and Cole's god awful positioning that was at fault. But Hazard never gets criticized. He also gets the most MOTM votes even if he does fuck all for 90 minutes.

Why should there be two double standards? Very, very annoying how some players get away without any criticism. Even though Mata is one of my favourite players, it annoys me that you can't fault him on here. I was actually surprised that some people were criticizing him. And to be fair, he was terrible for the first thirty minutes but so was every other player.

It was Hazard who needlessly gave away the ball and Cole's god awful positioning that was at fault. But Hazard never gets criticized. He also gets the most MOTM votes even if he does fuck all for 90 minutes.

Eh? Hazard got 1 vote...

Luiz makes mistakes, just like any other player. He also does many good things, just like most other players. But until recently we always played him as a centre-back, so people were fairly intolerant of his mistakes, which is understandable. Now Luiz is playing in midfield but people are used to focusing on his mistakes and I think it's a bit harsh to be honest.

What really annoys me is that when we were playing against Leeds, we were having a torrid time in the first half and Lampard was already booked for a reckless challenge after 15 or so minutes. But whenever he made any more reckless challenges after that, people did not say he was idiot because he could have been sent off. They actually said he was making them proud. There was no 'he could have been sent off' or anything like that and Lampard was playing in the same position as Luiz did against Everton and it was even earlier in the match.

Also, how Luiz can be blamed for Everton's goal, I have no idea. He was in the correct position and did nothing wrong and couldn't have prevented the goal in any way. It was Hazard who needlessly gave away the ball and Cole's god awful positioning that was at fault. But Hazard never gets criticized. He also gets the most MOTM votes even if he does fuck all for 90 minutes.

Why should there be two double standards? Very, very annoying how some players get away without any criticism. Even though Mata is one of my favourite players, it annoys me that you can't fault him on here. I was actually surprised that some people were criticizing him. And to be fair, he was terrible for the first thirty minutes but so was every other player.

Well i agree that Luiz receives more criticism then he should but he's playing in a new position so it's kinda logical that people are going to pay more attention to him and yes criticise him more.

About the Everton goal: Hazard did gave away the ball but there were still 6 players of us behind the ball. More then enough to handle the Everton attack. Cole gets caught out of position (if i'm not mistaken it was because he was trying to overlap Hazard.)

You can clearly see when Pienaar takes the shot how both Lampard and Luiz are a couple of metres away from him. If either one of them makes the effort to run the couple of metres and mark him then he can't shoot. Luiz should have marked Pienaar. He was the most defensive midfielder and should have marked him. It's his job to pick up runs from midfield and track them. He didn't and it led to a goal.

"Hazard never gets criticism" <_< Seriously ?

Yea well, I lurk a lot. I rather make posts which are worth posting than make 1k useless post in a month like some members seem to be doing somehow.

I like how you totally dodged what I just said tho. You really are a clown aren't you? '-.-

TBF he's one of the best posters on here.

A slight shame that the Lampard's contract situation has overshadowed the fact that we beat Everton at Goodison for the first time this season and coming from behind to achieve that victory.