Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't pretty but it's not the time to pick apart stats of individuals, today they fought back against a good team playing with lesser talent but lots of heart and Chelsea have to grind results like this to keep up in what's a very good race with so many clubs playing well at the moment. For all the flair the midfield is famous for, it came down to Lampard to bail them out because Mata and Torres are on fumes at this point and Hazard is always going to attract a crowd of defenders.

Yes but had Torres run wider, the ball would have played in nicely which will likely result in him being 1-on-1 against Howard and he would probably score with his first touch on the ball.

I was yelling at him why his run was so terrible. I could not understand why he was running in a straight line. It's shit like this, that will get fixed when we have a new striker and most people won't even notice it.

:doh:

Luiz had a decent game today, and he's still only played a few games in that position - of which we've won the last 4 now I think.

Loved his commitment today, had a dodgy first 30 like everyone else but didn't really do much wrong after that.

I don't know what game you where watching but he was certainly no Mikel, i didn't see him on the pitch doing fuck all, so as for your comment it is wrong sir.

I don't know what game you where watching but he was certainly no Mikel, i didn't see him on the pitch doing fuck all, so as for your comment it is wrong sir.

I was watching the game against Everton. He's not a Mikel, and that has positives as well as negatives. I liked his effort all day, but he had some positional foul-ups.

What I have said all along is that he is a newcomer and right now, he is doing enough to retain his position.

I was watching the game against Everton. He's not a Mikel, and that has positives as well as negatives. I liked his effort all day, but he had some positional foul-ups.

What I have said all along is that he is a newcomer and right now, he is doing enough to retain his position.

Mikels positioning isn't exaclty that great either, he gets way to caught out on counter attacks, and although his pace lets him down in that area obviously, but for a player who stays back all the time he must know where to be at least.

He's terrible for box marking and tracking people into the box, he leaves them unmarked and then they go on to score and people on this forum blame one of the centre backs instead, and that centre back is the same centre back who is already marking someone and Mikel is stood outside the box once again like a fucking doughnut as the player who just scored has just walked into the box past him.

Am I allowed to celebrate this result, or will I be shot down because we only won by one goal?

Fucking massive result. Rafa's first test, and he has passed it with flying colours. Today proved why it would be absolute madness to allow Lampard and Cole to leave. Also, surprisingly, Turnbull was solid when he came on. Fucking delighted with that, well done boys!

Mikels positioning isn't exaclty that great either, he gets way to caught out on counter attacks, and although his pace lets him down in that area obviously, but for a player who stays back all the time he must know where to be at least.

He's terrible for box marking and tracking people into the box, he leaves them unmarked and then they go on to score and people on this forum blame one of the centre backs instead, and that centre back is the same centre back who is already marking someone and Mikel is stood outside the box once again like a fucking doughnut as the player who just scored has just walked into the box past him.

Picking up runners from midfield is something he will have to learn, but that wasn't the problem with the goal. It was a complete lack of effort from him and the rest of the team to get back. In fact the first 30 minutes were awful, but once we found our feet I thought he improved with everyone else.

I liked his movement when we were in possession today, I liked his effort tracking back in the second-half and I liked his workrate.

But this is all still an experiment. It's not going to happen overnight and he will give up more chances to the opposition.

Am I allowed to celebrate this result, or will I be shot down because we only won by one goal?

Fucking massive result. Rafa's first test, and he has passed it with flying colours. Today proved why it would be absolute madness to allow Lampard and Cole to leave. Also, surprisingly, Turnbull was solid when he came on. Fucking delighted with that, well done boys!

I get so nervous when Ross has to kick the ball but today he was good ,,,,STILL hope Cech won't be out for long ..my nerves wouldn't take it

Hardly flying colours considering we were awful for the first third. But we got back into it and showed character.

As for Lampard and Cole, I thought Cole was out of position for the goal and didn't look himself even though he was only up against Naismith. I'd definitely rest him for QPR and hope he comes back to something approaching his best. Lampard scored two goals.....his general play beyond that was a little average if I'm being honest.

Please don't whine about people singling out Luiz for criticism when your forum mission seems to be mentioning Hazard in any negative sence possible. Last games you didn't say shit, you only mention him when he had a bad game.

Don't go acting all white knight here. Pot. Kettle. Black.

I dont even know you, only 36 posts all of them in Hazards or Lukakus topic I bet.

Hardly flying colours considering we were awful for the first third. But we got back into it and showed character.

As for Lampard and Cole, I thought Cole was out of position for the goal and didn't look himself even though he was only up against Naismith. I'd definitely rest him for QPR and hope he comes back to something approaching his best. Lampard scored two goals.....his general play beyond that was a little average if I'm being honest.

I would LUV to have 3 AVERAGE players scoring two goals each ... :D

LOL too drunk to think reasonable I am recent days...its new year how many excuses do I need :D

lol fair enough :D so easy - there were some games Chelsea were losing but managed to win in the end. Now carry on :D