Corinthians v Chelsea

Jase

@Strike

As good as your idea is, I'd like to see at least one more european team joining the tournament. Maybe a match between Europa League champions from those 2 years to decide the 3rd team.

If that was to be applied this year we would have: Barcelona, Chelsea, Atl. Madrid (?), Santos, Corinthians, Sao Paulo (?). Now this would be something I would be eagerly awaiting to see.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you trying to save the competition, give up!

There is no need to waste time trying to find a way to improve it. The Supercups are already there to make EL vs UCL or Sulamericana vs Libertadores. This cup had a reason 30-40 years ago, when it was a fun technically challenging game between SA and Europe. When European teams and Brazilian and Argentinian ones actually had a good relation and used to do firendlies.

Any solution we try to find, someone will come with 2 problems...

For all of you trying to save the competition, give up!

There is no need to waste time trying to find a way to improve it. The Supercups are already there to make EL vs UCL or Sulamerican vs Libertadores. This cup had a reason 30-40 years ago, when it was a fun technically challenging game between SA and Europe. When European teams and Brazilian and Argentinian team actually had a good relation and used to do firendlies.

Any solution we try to find, someone will come with 2 problems...

If supercups and CWC are both shit, why not try to merge both to make something good out of it? I'm all for it.

If supercups and CWC are both shit, why not try to merge both to make something good out of it? I'm all for it.

Dont get me wrong, winner and runner up of the major tournaments throughout the Globe would be cool, but there is the calendar problem.

UCL is big enough, I like the idea of having at least one tournament with the objective of really winning it because it is the biggest thing. I am sick of the paths between tournaments (Copa do Brasil and Brasileiro to get to Libertadores, Libertadores to get to CWC, etc). I want a meaningful competiton, and UCL already provides me that. I dont see a reason for 2 big tournaments per year.

See, there is always a but.

Dont get me wrong, winner and runner up of the major tournaments throughout the Globe would be cool, but there is the calendar problem.

UCL is big enough, I like the idea of having at least one tournament with the objective of really winning it because it is the biggest thing. I am sick of the paths between tournaments (Copa do Brasil and Brasileiro to get to Libertadores, Libertadores to get to CWC, etc). I want a meaningful competiton, and UCL already provides me that. I dont see a reason for 2 big tournaments per year.

See, there is always a but.

It would happen once every 2 years. The calendar would be the tricky problem. I know things are more complicated than that, but a man can dream. As a fan it's hard not to get excited at what the CWC could be. Let the clubs and fifa sort out the problems.

It would happen once every 2 years. The calendar would be the tricky problem. I know things are more complicated than that, but a man can dream. As a fan it's hard not to get excited at what the CWC could be. Let the clubs and fifa sort out the problems.

Yeah, in an utopia it could work, LoL.

Leaving things in the hands of FIFA isnt the best of the ideas.

I actually dont care about CWC, I care (lot) for THIS CWC.

What would you do?

See the game LIVE with my cell phone? or get back home like 5 hours after the game has ended, download it which will take like 2 hours, and watch it on tv?

I would go for the second option mate. :)