Corinthians v Chelsea

Jase

Perhaps. IMO you can compare it to the Portugese or Russian league, with the exception these teams play CL. But no team of either of these leagues is a challenge for us.

But would you find it so hard to believe there could be one or two players who were close to Chelsea level in top portuguese/russian teams?

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But would you find it so hard to believe there could be one or two players who were close to Chelsea level in top portuguese/russian teams?

To him, Oscar going from Internacional to Chelsea playing world class is a lie. Thiago Silva and Pato from Brazil to Milan to play class is also a lie. Lucas Moura? Paulinho? Neymar? They're going to be another lies. ^_^

yeah but even the bild, the most Bayern-biased newspaper in the world made a relatively decent rating and comparison before the CL final.

Their rating after the final was rather bitter and pathetic, slagging all our players except Lamps, Drogs and Cech off and rating every player A or B except of Robben. They will surely feel comforted by that.

See, that is the problem.

German has one culture and Brazil has another. For you to analyse why Globo did this shit comparisson (I am glad you havent heard what they said about us prior to Monterrey`s game), you have to try to leave your European Buble.

I dont want to sound superior or arrogant, but I dont find a better and more clear way to discribe it...This program/website is made for the general public in Brazil, specially for Corinthians fans. Most of its fanbase and of this channel public are made of unschooled and poor people (they are not educated as most of Bayern fans). Most of these audience does not even know how to speak proper portuguese and they gain about half of the lowest legal salary in Europe, how do you expect them to read (in english) about what is happening in Europe? All the information they have is what the open channel provides them...

CWC is very huge in South America, why would Globo upset their public (ultimately who gives them money) saying Chelsea is light years ahead and they shouldnt even watch the match? This world is ruled by money and politics, be real, they dont want to provide a great article by great journalists (of course they try it when possible), that is not their purpose. Corinthians is known for being a "people`s club", a big portion of their fanbase cant afford to sign up for ESPN to watch foreign football every weekend and actually form a valid opinion. Their access to this type of information are in the internet: comments, highlights, youtube skills video, twitter, etc.

I know there are very intelligentand impartial fans in Brazil, but they are the exception, not the rule. What you experience here is a top notch view of Brazilian Population. Whether we like it or not, we (Rmpr, Jcar92, Henrique, Rennah, etc) dont represent the core and deep tradition of Brazil. We ae citizens with luck to have money to learn english, buy imported cars, IPads, travel abroad, etc. We are the upper class of Brazil...

So, Globo isnt thinking about trying to do a comparisson, they are keeping the excitment and hope in the highest possible level. They want their transmission to explode like a Superbowl, if you will.

EDIT: By the way, you might be thinking I find my people stupid, but it is not that. They dont really have oportunity, that is the problem. Brazil is a raw diamond, very precious, but useless without lapidation!

See, that is the problem.

German has one culture and Brazil has another. For you to analyse why Globo did this shit comparisson (I am glad you havent heard what they said about us prior to Monterrey`s game), you have to try to leave your European Buble.

I dont want to sound superior or arrogant, but I dont find a better and more clear way to discribe it...This program/website is made for the general public in Brazil, specially for Corinthians fans. Most of its fanbase and of this channel public are made of unschooled and poor people (they are not educated as most of Bayern fans). Most of these audience does not even know how to speak proper portuguese and they gain about half of the lowest legal salary in Europe, how do you expect them to read (in english) about what is happening in Europe? All the information they have is what the open channel provides them...

CWC is very huge in South America, why would Globo upset their public (ultimately who gives them money) saying Chelsea is light years ahead and they shouldnt even watch the match? This world is ruled by money and politics, be real, they dont want to provide a great article by great journalists (of course they try it when possible), that is not their purpose. Corinthians is known for being a "people`s club", a big portion of their fanbase cant afford to sign up for ESPN to watch foreign football every weekend and actually form a valid opinion. Their access to this type of information are in the internet: comments, highlights, youtube skills video, twitter, etc.

I know there are very intelligentand impartial fans in Brazil, but they are the exception, not the rule. What you experience here is a top notch view of Brazilian Population. Whether we like it or not, we (Rmpr, Jcar92, Henrique, Rennah, etc) dont represent the core and deep tradition of Brazil. We ae citizens with luck to have money to learn english, buy imported cars, IPads, travel abroad, etc. We are the upper class of Brazil...

So, Globo isnt thinking about trying to do a comparisson, they are keeping the excitment and hope in the highest possible level. They want their transmission to explode like a Superbowl, if you will.

EDIT: By the way, you might be thinking I find my people stupid, but it is not that. They dont really have oportunity, that is the problem. Brazil is a raw diamond, very precious, but useless without lapidation!

Sometimes I feel some journalists don't really watch european games. Seriously. I know some would do as you said, to keep the general public enthusiastic about the game, but sometimes I'm not certain - for example - globoesporte.com was broadcasting Chelsea vs. Nord online and the guys kept saying Romeu when Hazard got the ball and commiting other minor mistakes like that, as if they had never watched a Chelsea game before.

Sometimes I feel some journalists don't really watch european games. Seriously. I know some would do as you said, to keep the general public enthusiastic about the game, but sometimes I'm not certain - for example - globoesporte.com was broadcasting Chelsea vs. Nord online and the guys kept saying Romeu when Hazard got the ball and commiting other minor mistakes like that, as if they had never watched a Chelsea game before.

Oh sure, they dont watch it (read my post in CWC)!

Even if they did though, they would do it as they wish...

Let us all have a hearty laugh at Globo for this ridiculous comparison.

raiox-cori_chel2.jpg

For instance: compare the review made for the general public with this one - http://espn.estadao.com.br/noticia/298704_da-historia-de-ontem-aos-times-de-hoje-um-raio-x-da-final-entre-corinthians-e-chelsea

I dont want you to only look at the content, but analyse the format and the easiness of Globoesporte, compared with ESPN BR.

It's a good thing I can speak Portuguese otherwise I would have had a lot of trouble reading that infographic and that article.

Lucky you. I wish I didn't speak portuguese so I could not read what they wrote there. Actually I'd have to be blind aswell, even if you don't speak portuguese, you can see they said Emerson Sheik > Hazard and Danilo = Juan Mata. 'nuff said.

Some facts about this topic:

- Only 7 pages, less than 8 hours before the game, same as an avarage EPL game.

- Most active members are brazilians.

This speaks loud about this tournament. Only south americans teams gives a shit about it. Its really sad to see a club like Corinthians thinking this is the most important match in their story, because this tournament is really shit, every single game was garbage, both semi-finals were awful. In the first one we had bad football by both teams, the other there was only one team playing, and the stadium was half empty and with a cold atmosphere.

A journalist from Brazil is in London right now, and he was impressed about the lack of interest. He went to a pub near Stamford Bridge, and he found 5 people watching Chelsea vs Monterey: 3 mexicans supporting Monterey, and a norweagian couple suppoting Chelsea. After the game he asked a Chelsea's employee near SB about the final result, then he replied: "there is no one playing right now".

@Henrique, sooo?

Let it be shit, let it be stupid to Europeans (with right reasons I might say), let it be anything...

It will still be considered awesome in SA and it wont downgrade whoever becomes champion!

Dont tell me you wouldnt be excited if it was Palmeiras.

EDIT: I am not taking away the fact you are right, but what is the big deal in being excited over a stupid thing once in your life?

@Henrique, sooo?

Let it be shit, let it be stupid to Europeans (with right reasons I might say), let it be anything...

It will still be considered awesome in SA and it wont downgrade whoever becomes champion!

Dont tell me you wouldnt be excited if it was Palmeiras.

Dude, please stop quoting my posts to reply with this kind of thing. I have a solid opinion about brazilian football, so please, dont come with this kind of argument. The fact it will still be considered awesome in SA, even if its shit and stupid only shows how SA is far way from the 1st world of football.

Dont get me wrong, but I think its a little embarrasing, 60% of the posts about this "world cup" came from you, but most part of this forum dont really care about it, even in SA I'm pretty sure that only Brazil (and because its Corinthians) is paying attention for this competition, in fact I think the football world is not paying attention at all.

Dude, please stop quoting my posts to replywith this kind of thing. I have a solid opinion about brazilian football, so please, dont come with this kind of stupid arguments. The fact it will still be considered awesome in SA, even if its shit and stupid only shows how SA is far way from the 1st world of football. Dont get me wrong, but I think its a little embarrasing, 60% of the posts about this "world cup" came from you, but most part of this forum dont really care about it, even in SA I'm pretty sure that only Brazil (and because its Corinthians) is paying attention for this competition, in fact I think the football world is not paying attention at all.

You dont need to repply, I will contiue to quote you to express my opinion though.

No, it shows we have character and dont follow what Europeans love (although we do). You always downgrade your country, you clear dont have pride for anything Brazilian.

It is not embarassing, I am really the only one biting my nails off, waiting for this game. However, I am not ashamed of it. This is who I am, a stupid Chelsea fan, who actually lives the big rivalry in Sao Paulo. I am not like you, who wouldnt be posting so many things about this tournament (even if you liked it) because other members dont give a shit for it. Also, unilke you, I respect everyone`s opinion and different objetives for our team (both of them). I understand they dont like it (and some are even trying to like it, maybe because of me), but I dont go saying they are plastic or anything else because of it. For instance, I dont give a fuck for FA Cup (I dont like it), but I would never do what you are trying to do.

If you want to be so "Anti-Brazil", at least learn something good from Europe, RESPECT.

So, if you hate it, leave me alone. You dont need to be a dick about it. If you are so "unBrazilian", dont be biased only to make everything here look bad.

Dude, please stop quoting my posts to reply with this kind of thing. I have a solid opinion about brazilian football, so please, dont come with this kind of stupid arguments. The fact it will still be considered awesome in SA, even if its shit and stupid only shows how SA is far way from the 1st world of football.

I do not disagree about the difference level between european and south american football. But what kills CWC for me is its duration. I mean, Corinthians and Chelsea had to play one single game to reach finals, it makes the CWC feel so cheap and boring.

Some facts about this topic:

- Only 7 pages, less than 8 hours before the game, same as an avarage EPL game.

- Most active members are brazilians.

This speaks loud about this tournament. Only south americans teams gives a shit about it. Its really sad to see a club like Corinthians thinking this is the most important match in their story, because this tournament is really shit, every single game was garbage, both semi-finals were awful. In the first one we had bad football by both teams, the other there was only one team playing, and the stadium was half empty and with a cold atmosphere.

A journalist from Brazil is in London right now, and he was impressed about the lack of interest. He went to a pub near Stamford Bridge, and he found 5 people watching Chelsea vs Monterey: 3 mexicans supporting Monterey, and a norweagian couple suppoting Chelsea. After the game he asked a Chelsea's employee near SB about the final result, then he replied: "there is no one playing right now".

It's not even a tournament really. The only two teams with a chance to win both only play one game and then each other. It's huge in Brazil because it's the only game they get to face a European club. European clubs don't treat it as a joke, but they also don't treat it the same way.

I do not disagree about the difference level between european and south american football. But what kills CWC for me is its duration. I mean, Corinthians and Chelsea had to play one single game to reach finals, it makes the CWC feel so cheap and boring.

Yep, politics baby!

FIFA needs to make every confederation happy.

I cant agree more that Intercontinental was much better (although still crap).