Corinthians v Chelsea

Jase

Yep, politics baby!

FIFA needs to make every confederation happy.

I cant agree more that Intercontinental was much better (although still crap).

True, sadly.

I know it wouldn't be fair and I have no idea how it would work out, but maybe if Libertadores, Sudamericana, UCL and Europa League champions and runner-ups went to CWC together it would get WAY more interesting. It would truly feel like a championship.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont need to repply, I will contiue to quote you to express my opinion though.

No, it shows we have character and dont follow what Europeans love (although we do). You always downgrade your country, you clear dont have pride for anything Brazilian.

Dude, this post only shows I was right about you: you are the typical brazilian that thinks Brazil = football. In fact I never talked about Brazil in this forum, only about brazilian football. You are that kind of people that believes they have to say good things about brazilian football to show all their "brazilian proud". So dont come with this bullshit about not having pride for anything brazilian.

I downgrade brazilian football league, I never downgrade my country, dont come with this bullshit, I'm not the kind of person that is proud of Anderson Silva and Neymar, in fact Brazil would be a better place if it was known for scientists, universities and technology other than football, UFC and samba.

Waste your nationalism with things that really matters, its better than trying to prove that Corinthias can beat anyhting in the world if they play like they did in Libertadores only 5 months ago. I dont have any proud of Corinthians, and when I'm in another country the last thing I will talk about Brazil is football.

edit: your "anti-Brazil" and "unbrazilian" thing is really pathetic dude, grow up. Read some books about brazilian history, perhaps you might understand what being a brazilian means, and please, dont you ever say I'm anti brazilian again, or I will have to contact the adms, because its easily the most offensive thing it was said about me in this forum.

Dude, this post only shows I was right about you: you are the typical brazilian that thinks Brazil = football. In fact I never talked about Brazil in this forum, only about brazilian football. You are that kind of people that believes they have to say good things about brazilian football to show all their "brazilian proud". So dont come with this bullshit about not having pride for anything brazilian.

I downgrade brazilian football league, I never downgrade my country, dont come with this bullshit, I'm not the kind of person that is proud of Anderson Silva and Neymar, in fact Brazil would be a batter place if it was known for scientists, universities and technology other than football and samba.

Waste your nationalism with things that really matters, its better than trying to prove that Corinthias can beat anyhting in the world if they play like they did in Libertadores ony 5 months ago. I dont have any proud of Corinthians, and when I'm in another country the last thing I will talk about Brazil is football.

edit: your "anti-Brazil" and "unbrazilian" thing is really pathetic dude, grow up. Read some books about brazilian history, perhaps you might understand what being a brazilian means, and please, dont you ever say I'm anti brazilian again, or I will have to contact the adms, because its easily the most offensive thing it was said about me in this forum.

Brazilians seem to get offended for people relating us to football and samba. I don't get it. I mean, when people mention Germany - you think about beer. Italy - pizza or that gesture when they get their fingers up and together. French - bread, Paris, those caps which names in english I don't know. Mexico - sombreros, mexican food etc. Swiss - chocolate and watches. Spain - bullfighting. Even though those are the first things that come to my mind, I don't think those countries can be resumed/summarized to that or those are their most important traits. It's just the way they're perceived in other parts of the planet. There's nothing wrong about being remembered by samba or football, if anything, it just shows our excellence in those regards.

@Henrique,

And I'd rather Australia not be known for this:

aussie_stereotype_article.jpg

But we can't choose the way other's stereotype us.

@, I get pissed off when people say shit like:

Throw anutha shrimp on da barbie.

Struth

Crikey

We don't talk like that.

And when they believe we all surf and live on the beach and ride kangaroos to work. It's not just Brazillians that get annoyed by stereotypes

@Henrique,

And I'd rather Australia not be known for this:

aussie_stereotype_article.jpg

But we can't choose the way other's stereotype us.

Struth

Crikey

We don't talk like that.

And when they believe we all surf and live on the beach and ride kangaroos to work. It's not just Brazillians that get annoyed by stereotypes

@ Yeah, but that's why I don't get pissed off. I know things are just like that for every country.

edit: and there are worse things than football and samba to be remembered of, hahaha. No offence.

Brazilians seem to get offended for people relating us to football and samba. I don't get it. I mean, when people mention Germany - you think about beer. Italy - pizza or that gesture when they get their fingers up and together. French - bread, Paris, those caps whose names in english I don't know. Mexico - sombreros, mexican food etc. Swiss - chocolate and watches. Even though those are the first things that come to my mind, I don't think those countries can be resumed/summarized to that or those are their most important traits. It's just the way they're perceived in other parts of the planet. There's nothing wrong about being remembered by samba or football, it just shows our excellence in those regards.

You are wrong, brazilian dont get offended for relating Brazil to football and samba, people get offended when they think Brazil is all about samba and football, thats a huge difference.

The argument by the other guy here was even more stupid, because he said I'm anti brazilian because I believe brazilian league is weak, Corinthians is in same level as West Browinch and Swansea, or because I think this FIFA trophy is shit even if some brazilians see it as a huge thing.

Struth

Crikey

We don't talk like that.

The weirdest one about Australians is Fosters... an Australian beer that Australians never drink but everyone thinks they do. Many stereotypes have a grain of truth, many don't. There's a difference between a stereotype-say, thinking Canadians like hockey which we mostly do and just idiocy like thinking Canadians live in igloos (when a good 10% of us don't!) Stereotypes don't bother me. Idiocy does.

You are wrong, brazilian dont get offended for relating Brazil to football and samba, people get offended when they think Brazil is all about samba and football, thats a huge difference.

I get your point, however, I don't think anyone with an IQ higher than 70 thinks Brazil is ONLY samba and football. And if there is, he's a moron, why bother?

The weirdest one about Australians is Fosters... an Australian beer that Australians never drink but everyone thinks they do. Many stereotypes have a grain of truth, many don't. There's a difference between a stereotype-say, thinking Canadians like hockey which we mostly do and just idiocy like thinking Canadians live in igloos (when a good 10% of us don't!) Stereotypes don't bother me. Idiocy does.

Are Canadians afraid of darkness?

I have literally never seen Fosters Lager before. I've been to dozens of clubs, pubs and bottle shops but I have never ever seen Fosters. It was popular in the 80s and early 90s though.

Though to be honest Victorian Bitter another beer made by Fosters Group is very popular.

Do people really think you guys live in igloos? I had no clue.

edit: the hockey part is true, I really do relate Canada and hockey. And maple. Maple syrup. And a lot of foreign people living in the big cities. All in all, I rate Canada very highly.

I downgrade brazilian football league, I never downgrade my country, dont come with this bullshit, I'm not the kind of person that is proud of Anderson Silva and Neymar, in fact Brazil would be a better place if it was known for scientists, universities and technology other than football, UFC and samba.

Waste your nationalism with things that really matters, its better than trying to prove that Corinthias can beat anyhting in the world if they play like they did in Libertadores only 5 months ago. I dont have any proud of Corinthians, and when I'm in another country the last thing I will talk about Brazil is football.

WOW, really impressed with your view. Very "cliche"...

You need to be less of an internet warrior and learn there are various views, it is not all black and white (there are a ton of shades in between) . Because I put Brazilian League in a higher position than you, it does not mean I am a stupid nationalist wanting to promote "Brazilian Football Pride". I am not someone with crazy atitude, who is blind and says Brasileirao is the best thing. I do think it is better than the common view though. I place it around the 8th/9th best league, that is all.

You talk about not being proud for being the Samba and Football country. Why that? Because you would prefer us to be remebered for our education? That has nothing to do with it, you are just bothered by the stereotype. Being good in football, samba and women does not stop you from being excellent in academic ratings. The way you view it (very wrong, by the way), it is as if we were bad in football or mix martial arts, we would have world class universities. We dont belong in the developed world because we are incompetent as a nation. It has nothing to do with what you said. Dont you think any of us would like to improve in inumerous aspects? Of course they would! People are not happy only by playing football and samba dancing.

Also, I have never in my life said Corinthians could beat any team because they were better five months ago. I havent even said they were better than Everton, let alone beating Chels. All I was saying is for people to stop judging them from Al Alhy game. What is so outragious about it? Am I wrong? I dont have any pride of Corinthians, where did you get it from? You are the one elevating things...

There is more, talking about football or any other stereotype with a foreign fellow is to not be ashamed of. It is an excellent way of starting a conversation and to move to more interesting topics later on. I bet that if you had to talk to foreign friends, you will agree. I hate when the other person thinks there is no more in Brazil than that, but if it does, that person does not deserve anyone`s attention.

What do you mean by "grow up" and "read books" about Brazilian History? Do you think I know nothing about it? Do you think I enter unprepared in a discussion or give my opinion without studying first? How do you think I got to USP? What kind of person do you think I am?

I am not wasting my nationalism with stupid things. If you cant see the bigger picture, sorry, I was stupid for having hope. I am trying to make a Brazilian feel more love for what he has!

Henrique, I might be wrong, but I place you among some of my friends that glorify anything from abroad. CWC is one example, I know it is shit and everything, but why do you need to make those who enjoy it look stupid? I know it is a silly tournament (is it a tournament, btw?), but give it a break. You dont need to make South Americans and Europeans have the same care for it. Dont you find it silly when our NT goes to some places and they are treated like heroes (Haiti, Zimbabue, etc)? It is the same thing.

You know, I honestly think you hate me. I think I took you out of your comfort zone, there was no Brazilians before me who could disagree with you and you could transmit your point of view to everyone without interference. However, unilke you, I dont want you gone. I want to convince you we are not that horrible and once I am not here anymore (which will ultimately happen when I start working), I want to have the feeling I have transformed one more Brazilian.

EDIT: @ and @TorontoChelsea, dont bother with stupid narrow minded individuals who cant value your country. They dont even deserve you attention, let alone your hate.

Haha, that's the stereotype. Manpe and I have joked about it before.

Australia actually has quite a few Estonians. About 10,000.

I will report you for going off topic you kangaroo shagging dingo

You should come to Oz. It might do you some good.