Corinthians v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team would be on a great high if we win this, which could set us on our way in the Prem and hopefully string together a good run of results. :) Looking forward to it nonetheless, should be a nice flowing game of football.

Actually it would be a disgrace not to beat Corinthians. On every position we probably have two better players than them, their defence is shit, nonetheless they are a different calibre than monterrey.

-------Cech-----

Azpi--Iva-Cahill-Cole

--Lamps-Luiz/Rami

Oscar--Mata---Hazard

---------Nando---------

Actually it would be a disgrace not to beat Corinthians. On every position we probably have two better players than them, their defence is shit, nonetheless they are a different calibre than monterrey.

LOL

Their defense is their better end. They defend as a team, everyone helps and their manager is a good tactitian. When attacking, they relly on Emerson/Romarinho and on some not so frequent killer passes from Douglas and Danilo.

I do agree we must beat them, there is no real comparison.

LOL

Their defense is their better end.

I do agree we must beat them, there is no real comparison.

I'd say midfield is their strongest area, their strikeforce is erratic and not particularly talented but experienced and physically stronger than you'd expect of a Brazilian team. Their defence might be good for that but tactically not on European level.

Their flair players in midfield are a disgrace for a team from Sao Paulo, but Paulinho and Ralf form a more than decent double pivot. Their defence usually is allessandro or welder - Wallace-chicao-Fabio Santos. Every EPL and most Championship sites got a better D.chicao and alessandro are small and slow as fuck, Santos and Wallace are kinda decent for their standard, but none of them has real experience. It is really hard to become a good defender without ever having played in Europe. This would become even more blatant if we still had Drogba and Malouda up front they would tear them to shreds physically. I'd even argue Monterrey's defense at full strength is better than Corinthians.

I'd say midfield is their strongest area, their strikeforce is erratic and not particularly talented but experienced and physically stronger than you'd expect of a Brazilian team. Their defence might be good for that but tactically not on European level.

Their flair players in midfield are a disgrace for a team from Sao Paulo, but Paulinho and Ralf form a more than decent double pivot. Their defence usually is allessandro or welder - Wallace-chicao-Fabio Santos. Every EPL and most Championship sites got a better D.chicao and alessandro are small and slow as fuck, Santos and Wallace are kinda decent for their standard, but none of them has real experience. It is really hard to become a good defender without ever having played in Europe. This would become even more blatant if we still had Drogba and Malouda up front they would tear them to shreds physically. I'd even argue Monterrey's defense at full strength is better than Corinthians.

Someone who has actually seen them play! :o

Yes I definetly agree, but when I say defense, I mean the system. Do they defend or attack better?...

Where do you think they would finish in EPL? (I say they would finish 8th.)

Someone who has actually seen them play! :o

Yes I definetly agree, but when I say defense, I mean the system. Do they defend or attack better?...

Where do you think they would finish in EPL? (I say they would finish 8th.)

Yeah, I watched their games against Al-Ahly and the CL final against boca juniors. Both were pretty poor games. In the former they did ok defensively, drawing a lot of fouls, which would not be possible in Europe. Santos was impressive neutralizing Bocas dangerous right side, against the Egyptians they were not really challenged. All in all, I'd still say they defend better than they attack, because Ralf and Paulinho got real urgency in the tacklings and protect their D by always holding the line. Their attack is more about movement than about individual effort, so tactically I rate their attacking play but all in all and abilitywise they defend better.

Its really difficult to say, cos you can't predict how they would cope with the altered circumstances, but they got great depth and some good individuals, so provided they would get used to the football quick enough, my guess is they even might avoid relegation

Yeah, I watched their games against Al-Ahly and the CL final against boca juniors. Both were pretty poor games. In the former they did ok defensively, drawing a lot of fouls, which would not be possible in Europe. Santos was impressive neutralizing Bocas dangerous right side, against the Egyptians they were not really challenged. All in all, I'd still say they defend better than they attack, because Ralf and Paulinho got real urgency in the tacklings and protect their D by always holding the line. Their attack is more about movement than about individual effort, so tactically I rate their attacking play but all in all and abilitywise they defend better.

Its really difficult to say, cos you can't predict how they would cope with the altered circumstances, but they got great depth and some good individuals, so provided they would get used to the football quick enough, my guess is they even might avoid relegation

Yeah, those 2 games were very poor.

If you watch their semi-final, you will se them at their best (which hasnt happened in quite a while). They will have to play like this on Sunday. If they do, it will be very though and it will look like a Everton vs Chelsea / NewCastle vs Chelsea. Of course, with a little dose of overreaction...

Like I said months ago, Corinthians winning will be a big upset. However, they very much can.

If Chelsea can up the tempo even more they will win without much trouble IMO. That's the trick though and I liked that Benitez said just that prior to the semi.

Brazilian football is much slower, due to officiating and weather; both of which will be very different for them against Chelsea. They are a good defensive side though, so Chelsea must be committed if they want to win this.

If Chelsea can up the tempo even more they will win without much trouble IMO. That's the trick though and I liked that Benitez said just that prior to the semi.

Brazilian football is much slower, due to officiating and weather; both of which will be very different for them against Chelsea. They are a good defensive side though, so Chelsea must be committed if they want to win this.

Yeah, the key is to score in the first minutes.

Everything we know about Brazilian football can be thrown away; Corinthians has no flair, skill, speed, etc. Their quality lies on tactical composure, physicality, counter and excellent team play. Scoring early will make them lose that self control and they will need to turn into an attacking team (which we saw they dont know how to do).

If we manage to do it, the game will be in our hands.