Fernando Torres

All hypothetical.

Here's one. What if Mourinho instills confidence and a winning mentality into our players, (something he is brilliantly known for) and establishes a strong core ( just as Jose prevoously has) and stabilized squad containing a hungry young striker, an apparent 'average' striker that scored against the likes of United and City in terrific fashion, and a fading Spanish striker who struggles with inconsistency yet shows glimpses of his former self? All in the same time being supported by the most threatening attacking trio in the league, the greatest midfielder goalscorer of all time, and leadership and character that is our back 4?

If they struggle, we support, if they win, we support. Can't Handel that, go support PSG or City

Or do like you already do, and support United you mean?

The only world class finish I could remember from him was that shot outside the box against Newcastle, most of his goals have been tap ins, instant finishing from set pieces. You don't see him dribble past a player before scoring anymore because he doesn't even ATTEMPT to do it, that is how bad he has become. When he does attempt to do it and get past a few players, he manage to fuck it up usually by misplacing his pass, let another defender tackle or just generally make bad decisions with the ball.

This preseason shows nothing have changed, look at the game against Milan. He dribbled past 3 players then mess it up again. Against Madrid and Roma he was back to his completely shit self, doesn't do anything at all. No attempting at anything but rather just went for a jog around.

you watched the europa league final where he shrugged off the defender rounded the keeper and slotted home right..and in the milan game when he did do that all his options were hiding behind milan defenders no options presented for a pass or one two.. I think his play over the last few seasons has blinded some ppl to his genuine moments of brilliance which is fine but he is here and not going anywhere at the moment so we better get used to the idea of him playing in blue for at least one more season

People need to just accept it for a 175k p/w player we got Di Santo/Carlton Cole level striker on our hands, could be decent in the Championship.

Over 80 matches in the League with 14 goals that says it all. I'd literally take Feruz ahead of Torres in a big game at least its an unknown quantity - with Torres we know what to expect a mental midget who can only score when there is no pressure.

Or do like you already do, and support United you mean?

Yknow, the funniest thing about him, he thinks he knows what should be done with Torres. Meanwhile, 4 fucking managers did not do anything to help Torres the plank till now. It seems to me Cicerko is one gifted chap.

Yknow, the funniest thing about him, he thinks he knows what should be done with Torres. Meanwhile, 4 fucking managers did not do anything to help Torres the plank till now. It seems to me Cicerko is one gifted chap.

Apparently I know what should be done? Lolgasm

Cicerko? Double lolgasm

You really do conjure up nonsense. Though I do forgive you for being 13

People need to just accept it for a 175k p/w player we got Di Santo/Carlton Cole level striker on our hands, could be decent in the Championship.

Over 80 matches in the League with 14 goals that says it all. I'd literally take Feruz ahead of Torres in a big game at least its an unknown quantity - with Torres we know what to expect a mental midget who can only score when there is no pressure.

In the championship you need to work hard and score goals, blondie does neither.

FFS this again.

No one hate's Torres, he just isn't good enough, what on earth do you expect us to do/say when we see someone we payed 100 fucking million pounds on (contract and transfer) put fuck all effort in and go on major goal droughts every season.

How many chances does he need? two years ago it was give him a full pre season and full summer rest and take it from there, last summer it was give him a chance as #1 now he doesn't have Drogba's shadow to deal with and now it's see what he can do under Jose, the guy's had enough chances, what next summer? get Alonso in and see if he can do anything?. if we don't sign another forward i would rather we rotated between Ba and Lukaku than play Torres, watching him is so embarrassing, i don't watch Chelsea with opposition fans mates as much as i use too.

Read back a few pages, if that's not hatred then i wonder what is!

Now, i am not a Torres fanboy here, far from it but to say that he has put fuck all effort for the club is not what i concur! He has put effort(not always) , he is horribly inconsistent and lost all his confidence in front of the goal. His link up play is still much better than what people here make it out to be! As i said in my previous post, he has not done what we all expected him to do and he has a very poor ratio of goals scored in the league but he still has about 22/23 goals in the season and was the important part of our Europa league run. Why not a single mention of that? I am sure we were all very happy when we won the Europa, although it would be just a 2nd grade tournament now but we did and Torres won it for us! Again, not defending him or anything but i felt bad reading some of the comments made by the Chelsea fans on a player who plays for their club and wears the club jersey. Is he taking us to court like Suarez or is he openly stating that he want to leave like Rooney, is he asking for a pay rise? Did he fuck other players' wife? No, then what is all with the comments! I will be glad if he is sold and we buy a new striker but until that happens, at least maintain some decency towards him.

Did he ask us to pay 50 million pounds for him? Also if we have invested 100 million euros, i am pretty sure, with the amount of shirt sales and worldwide publicity, he has paid some of it back even if he hasn't paid it back on the field!!

Jose is Torres last chance ,maybe he can relight the fire ,dont agree his link up play is good ,he is one thing, a goalscorer and at the moment he is not scoring in the big games,can never fault him for effort though because he is giving everything,the suspicion though is that he has lost a yard in pace and half a second in sharpness and he will never be as good as he was,he needs quicker service to be seen at his best and maybe Jose's counter attack football will help him ,i hope so.

Now, i am not a Torres fanboy here, far from it but to say that he has put fuck all effort for the club is not what i concur! He has put effort(not always) , he is horribly inconsistent and lost all his confidence in front of the goal. His link up play is still much better than what people here make it out to be! As i said in my previous post, he has not done what we all expected him to do and he has a very poor ratio of goals scored in the league but he still has about 22/23 goals in the season and was the important part of our Europa league run. Why not a single mention of that? I am sure we were all very happy when we won the Europa, although it would be just a 2nd grade tournament now but we did and Torres won it for us! Again, not defending him or anything but i felt bad reading some of the comments made by the Chelsea fans on a player who plays for their club and wears the club jersey. Is he taking us to court like Suarez or is he openly stating that he want to leave like Rooney, is he asking for a pay rise? Did he fuck other players' wife? No, then what is all with the comments! I will be glad if he is sold and we buy a new striker but until that happens, at least maintain some decency towards him.

Did he ask us to pay 50 million pounds for him? Also if we have invested 100 million euros, i am pretty sure, with the amount of shirt sales and worldwide publicity, he has paid some of it back even if he hasn't paid it back on the field!!

He puts effort in spades but far too often he is lazy and just prances about, i keep a close eye on him when i go to SB and quite frankly it's cringeworthy, if he doesn't get a pass or embarrasses himself, his head drops and he disappears. Yes he played his part in winning the Europa but other's did too, it doesn't make up for the shit he's produced in the 2 and a half years, and just because he didn't take us to court doesn't mean he hasn't done stupid things. To be honest he didn't get the stick he deserved for the "he didn't care" comment, could you imagine if Sturridge said that? or Kalou? or even Drogba in his first couple of years.

As for the £50m, that "he didn't ask" excuse quite honestly doesn't wash with me, he knew that if he ever left Liverpool in his 20's he would command a massive (potentially record breaking) fee and with it would come huge pressure. The whole package was 100m pounds so in Euro's that will probably be roughly 115 euro's, 14 months after he arrived he was costing us £20m a goal.

It's not really his performances that grate me about Torres (i loved Sheva despite him being shite) it's the fact that instead of getting his head down and trying to prove people wrong he whined about not playing the Champions League final (i mean Nando, did you seriously expect us to pick you over one of the best big game players off all time? really?) and then after that Robbie had to convince him on the plane home to stay (when he should have been celebrating being a European cup winning manager), after the season and a half he had with us he should have been on his knees to Robbie and Roman begging not to have joined Malouda in the reserves.

Then there was that tunnel stop at Loftus Road and the straw that broke the camels back for me was the he didn't care comments. I can take crap players but if those crap players are making playing demands than that will never go down well with me. It's hard enough to take a great player with an ego let alone an awful one.

The hatred here for Torres is just bordering on funny now! I mean, i agree he hasn't produced what we all expected him to but jesus, some of you guys are behaving like a teenage kid who just wants to prove his point somehow and even if someone dis-agreess with you, you go all bitchy. For the record , i am with @ here. I will like to give Nando a year under Mourinho and then take it from there!

Top clubs need top strikers, elementary rule to challenge for trophies.

Jose is Torres last chance ,maybe he can relight the fire ,dont agree his link up play is good ,he is one thing, a goalscorer and at the moment he is not scoring in the big games,can never fault him for effort though because he is giving everything,the suspicion though is that he has lost a yard in pace and half a second in sharpness and he will never be as good as he was,he needs quicker service to be seen at his best and maybe Jose's counter attack football will help him ,i hope so.

One last chance under Mourinho? how many last chances is he going to get?

2011 it was give him a full summer break, more service and a full pre season with us. The result? a 24 game goal drought to beat his 17 game one the previous campaign.

Last summer it was give him a chance now he doesn't have Drogba's shadow and we have signed more creative number 10's, then in November it was lets see how he does under Rafa the result? 5 months without a PL goal under a manager he supposedly thrives under aswel as another run of 1 goal against Brentford in 16.

Now it's give him a season under Mourinho. What next summer when this experiment is yet another epic fail? Get Alonso and Mascerano in as they were playing for Liverpool when he was at his peak?

It's time to accept we signed a dud, Liverpool did it with Carroll and Downing, we did it with Sheva, it's time we do the same now.

He puts effort in spades but far too often he is lazy and just prances about, i keep a close eye on him when i go to SB and quite frankly it's cringeworthy, if he doesn't get a pass or embarrasses himself, his head drops and he disappears. Yes he played his part in winning the Europa but other's did too, it doesn't make up for the shit he's produced in the 2 and a half years, and just because he didn't take us to court doesn't mean he hasn't done stupid things. To be honest he didn't get the stick he deserved for the "he didn't care" comment, could you imagine if Sturridge said that? or Kalou? or even Drogba in his first couple of years.

As for the £50m, that "he didn't ask" excuse quite honestly doesn't wash with me, he knew that if he ever left Liverpool in his 20's he would command a massive (potentially record breaking) fee and with it would come huge pressure. The whole package was 100m pounds so in Euro's that will probably be roughly 115 euro's, 14 months after he arrived he was costing us £20m a goal.

It's not really his performances that grate me about Torres (i loved Sheva despite him being shite) it's the fact that instead of getting his head down and trying to prove people wrong he whined about not playing the Champions League final (i mean Nando, did you seriously expect us to pick you over one of the best big game players off all time? really?) and then after that Robbie had to convince him on the plane home to stay (when he should have been celebrating being a European cup winning manager), after the season and a half he had with us he should have been on his knees to Robbie and Roman begging not to have joined Malouda in the reserves.

Then there was that tunnel stop at Loftus Road and the straw that broke the camels back for me was the he didn't care comments. I can take crap players but if those crap players are making playing demands than that will never go down well with me. It's hard enough to take a great player with an ego let alone an awful one.

Fair enough! But that "I didn't care" comment, to me , was more like he was talking about himself maturing into a better man and trying to overcome his faliures!

‘I learned to look at myself and to realise that the only person that can change is you,’ he said. ‘The only person who can say, “You’re making mistakes, you’ve got to do something” is you. I became more mature, I came to know myself better and became conscious of the fact that it depends on me.' These were his words form the same article where he said "He didn't care". I remember Drogba saying something on the similar line after Jose was sacked. He wanted to leave but he didn't and grew as a player and a human being. Now , not comparing Torres to Drogba here, but those comments can be perceived differently from different angles.

What i mean by all this is if Jose wanted to get rid of him, he would have already. No doubt about that! But Torres is in his plans and Jose has said that he is one of the players who trains the hardest. So , if Jose is giving him a chance, lets just get off his back and even if we can't fully support him, lets just hope he does something good for the team. If he doesn't, we all know what Jose would do, he would shun him out and Nando will be out sooner rather than later.

Top clubs need top strikers, elementary rule to challenge for trophies.

Ok, considering RVP won Utd the trophy, that is the flavor of the season but elementary rule? Not really, why i say that is because during Jose's first season in charge here, that wasn't the case but we still won it by a record margin. Now i agree that times have changed, may be but i still think our strike force right now is capable enough to challenge for the title!

the amount of things i found funny in this posts are simply countless.

lets start with his "EFFORT". now when and where exactly have you seen him put in "effort". i dont know how much of it he puts in the training but on the field his workrate and "effort" is more often than not, horrible. and this is not something thats coming off the blue. strikers like torres, higuain are not really known for their workrate all over the pitch compared to some1 like cavani, tevez, DD etc. what torres was mostly known for was his pace (which is GONE), his dribbling (its now non-existent and whenever he does try it, the ball ends up with the opposition) and his finishing (hahahaha - i dont think i need to tell a chelsea fan any thing about torres' finishing).

anyways i am going off-topic here. as you said he puts in a lot of "effort". to contradict that i would ask you to watch his performance in the CL final and EL final. now that was effort. he WON us the corner which led to the DD goal and it was not just an attempted cross that hit the defender and went out, torres actually fought for the ball and ended up earning a corner. THAT'S EFFORT. similarly his performance in the EL final. he wanted to prove something to the world and what better stage than a final, and hence his only good goal in the blue-shirt (please dont say barca here). those 2 performances from torres clearly say that he simply does not give 100% for chelsea while playing a league game and i for one dont want a player who earns 200k/week but cant put his heart on the line (he should probably just go to ramires and ask for a few pointers).

the myth of his LINK-UP play was solved during the madrid match. moreover how do you expect some1 to be good at link up play when he cant hold the ball, falls down at the first touch of the defender and looses the ball 90% of the time, it touches his feet.

some1 did an awesome goal to goal analysis of all the goals torres has scored in the chelsea shirt sometime back. the level of the teams that torres scored against came out to be relegation threatened/championship level/europa league level. a club of chelsea's stature wants it striker to be a match changer in a semi-final of a CL (remember DD or very recently remember what lewandowski did), instead i seriously doubt any true chelsea supporter would want to see torres starting in a CL final against any of RM, barca, BM. would u?

so u think only because torres is not taking us to court, or saying that he wants to leave (i would actually start loving him that day) or that he does not fuck other players' wife (what a cheap shot) - that makes him a GOOD PLAYER? we are supposed to adore, respect and like a player because he has not done the above mentioned 3 things? I WOULD RATHER WANT MY PLAYER TO PLAY WELL ON THE FIELD. JT fucked a teammates' wife and still is regarded as a LEGEND, because he gives his all for the team, and you can see it him. so dont talk shit and give such childish excuses.

torres knew what he was doing when he signed for us. he knew he was a 50mil striker. he signed the contract which made him that. what did he think it was gonna be? a FIFA-ESQUE world where nothing matters and everything was gonna be hunky-dory no matter what. he knew the risks, he knew the amount of pressure he was inviting and now he has to deal with the scorn. as for the jersey sales - lets not become all become ROMAN. how many jerseys torres sells does in now way help US, what does help us is the players and the team performing well on the pitch and winning trophies.

in short we have a striker whose workrate sucks, i seriously dont remember any long range goals from him (newcastle was out of the box so i ll give him the benefit of doubt there), who definitely is not a game-changer, passing is poor and he earns 200k/week and probably would hamper the development of one the most promising strikers in the world and also his sulkiness on getting decent game-time might effect the team morale.

so what should we be cheering about or what should we be supporting him for? i ll start supposrting him when he starts caring about the chelsea jersey, he not gonna get without fighting for it.

Ok, considering RVP won Utd the trophy, that is the flavor of the season but elementary rule? Not really, why i say that is because during Jose's first season in charge here, that wasn't the case but we still won it by a record margin. Now i agree that times have changed, may be but i still think our strike force right now is capable enough to challenge for the title!

Are you comparing Eideur Gudjohnsen, Hernan Crespo and Didier Drogba to Demba Ba, Lukaku and Torres ? Three quality stikers and very different profiles, Eideur was perfect when you needed technique, Drogba the enforcer and Crespo for his finishing, I dont think our three strikers now are near that level, Torres with his zero capacities wont even be counted, Lukaku is young to have the impact of a Drogba in big matches, and Demba Ba cant find form playing one match in two weeks.