Fernando Torres

It's fine that you offered some stats, but usually it's more than that.

Even if you look at Drogba's 8 seasons with us he scored 30+ goals in only two of them, with only 14-15 goals average per season through the other 6. The problem with Torres is his long spells of bad form, when he is literally hopeless and the team is suffering a lot. That's why we should let go of him given we have a good offer or if Napoli accept him being part of the Cavani deal.

So? It's irrational to pay that much money for a bench warmer. Ba's wages are at least a £100k less a week. I can't believe people actually think it's okay to pay someone who's coming off the bench £175k a week? Where's the rationality in that? That's the kind of money you pay your number 1 striker, something Torres clearly isn't good enough to be.

because we are not a club who struggle financially you cant compare us to most other teams as most other teams dont have the money we have and you cant compare Torres to most other strikers as his transfer to Chelsea and his wages are not a normal situation that any other club has to deal with! We should be keeping the player who offers us more and imo that is Torres.

As i said if the board feel the wages are an issue then he should leave, but if not then he should stay as he is better than Ba imo and will always be favoured more than Ba anyway because of the money spent on him.

OH OH OH! Chelsea should receive a 20m € bid from Barcelona for Fernando Torres in next days, according to catalan paper Sport

If this happens, I won't hate Barca anymore

This will go with the Galatasaray bid for Mikel in the folder marked 'Too Good To Be True'.

Maybe they're looking at a replacement for Villa and maybe they see him as a viable 'Plan B' but after Jose coming back and all the other good stuff that's happened to the club I'm seriously doubting this.

Why on earth would they pay 20m for him, they could probably bid 10m and we'd accept just to get him off the wage bill - this story sounds way too good to be true.

There's been a misunderstanding. We're looking to pay them 20m to take him off our hands.

Torres leaving Chelsea would benefit both parties. However leaving to Barca is something else. Torres won't be playing regularly at Barcelona especially if Villa, Pedro and Alexis stay. Plus Fabregas can play as striker(false9). Oh and Neymar. Torres wouldn't get much playtime in World Cup year. If Torres stays he won't start most games. His wages are way too high for warming the bench. Its a tricky situation. He doesn't want to leave, the only bright side is that torres showed some great form towards the end of the season HOWEVER he also showed that the previous season..So I won't fall for that again and I REALLY REALLY hope Chelsea have learned their lesson.

Torres will not return to Spain unless its with Athletico.

He isn't a problem player like Suarez where the board will want him to leave.

Chelsea is getting so much cash to have his name on the back of their shirts...

Won't happen this first year under Mou. sorry.

Villa is going isn't he? Torres as a replacement does make some sense. Maybe just clutching at straws with this one though.. Just as likely it is nonsense haha.

Wouldn't mind us swapping Torres for Villa...

Torres will not return to Spain unless its with Athletico.

He isn't a problem player like Suarez where the board will want him to leave.

Chelsea is getting so much cash to have his name on the back of their shirts...

Won't happen this first year under Mou. sorry.

We can't even cover his monthly wage with what we make from his shirt sales over the course of a season, that myth was debunked long ago.

I read some comments on a Barca forum about this and they werent that happy about the rumors :) Heres and example:

If we spend 20 million on Torres it will be a far greater crime than anything Messi has done.

:Goober:

I think what a class forward would win us in terms of trophies over-rides anything Torres would get us in terms of shirt sales.

Maybe that is just me tho.

Think that is an understatement.

Too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ thought in keeping him right now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2340580/Barcelona-want-Chelseas-Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-Fernando-Torres.html

Barcelona have also held initial talks over a £20million move for Fernando Torres.

Coach Tito Vilanova has earmarked the Spain international as a striker who could fit into their budget as they prepare to overhaul their squad.

Barcelona are willing to listen to offers for 11 of their squad including Tottenham target David Villa and Thiago Alcantara who is wanted by Manchester City and United.

They want to re-establish themselves as Europe's top side while also offsetting the £52million outlay on Brazil international Neymar.

Torres is surplus to requirements at Chelsea and has an outstanding record against Barcelona throughout his career. He is a favourite of president Sandro Rossell and is one of four names being considered.