Fernando Torres

I would rather Torres stay than Ba tbh!

I think he is a better option coming off the bench, he has shown in his Chelsea days that he can take advantage of tired defences and with the likes of Mata, Hazard, Oscar/De Bruyne and hopefully Cavani terrorising defences for an hour of so, i would rather Torres or Lukaku come on and start making runs in behind tiring defences rather than the lethargic Ba

Yea, that makes alot of sense.

We're gonna pay Torres..175,000 a week just so that he can come on for 20-30 minute cameos and try to take advantage of tiring defences?

I'd rather keep Ba, he's on lower wages and he's not gonna complain or sulk if he doesn't get enough playing time under Mourinho.

Yea, that makes alot of sense.

We're gonna pay Torres..175,000 a week just so that he can come on for 20-30 minute cameos and try to take advantage of tiring defences?

I'd rather keep Ba, he's on lower wages and he's not gonna complain or sulk if he doesn't get enough playing time under Mourinho.

Yeah that's makes sense lets keep Ba because his wages are less! We are a club who really struggle financially aren't we?

The board are not stupid and they will know if Torres wages are going to be an issue then he will go! But if not then they will keep him over Ba!

And what makes you think Torres would only get cameo appearances? of course he will also start games, we will be fighting for 5 trophies next season! We need depth in the squad!

And your only assuming that Ba won't complain and Torres will. IMO if we sign a world class striker, Torres won't complain about being on the bench, it will probably motivate him to work harder to get into Mourinho's team, just like when Ba came in people thought Torres would sulk but no he actually worked hard and improved and in the end was better than Ba.

Spot on Lukaku will hopefully be our #1 striker if we decide not to sign Cavani and Shurrle; Ba and Moses might be enough as far as back ups are concerned. Lets remind everyone that we started last season with only Floppes and Sturridge.

Floppes 2012/2013 Season:
Average of 1.8 shots per match in the EPL
Total shots - 62
Shots on Target - 23
Total Time played in the EPL - 2569 minutes (nearly as much as the previous one and a half years at the club)
Minutes per Goal in EPL - 321 (he actually had a better minutes per goal in the EPL in Season 2011/2012 with 317 minutes per goal)

Lukaku 2012/2013 Season
Average 2.8 shots per game in the EPL
Total Shots - 93
Shots on Target - 47
Total Time played in the EPL - 2001 minutes
Minutes per Goal in EPL - 117

Criminal if Floppes starts ahead of Lukaku this season just as it was criminal that he started ahead of Sturridge last season.

Spot on Lukaku will hopefully be our #1 striker if we decide not to sign Cavani and Shurrle; Ba and Moses might be enough as far as back ups are concerned. Lets remind everyone that we started last season with only Floppes and Sturridge.

Floppes 2012/2013 Season:

Average of 1.8 shots per match in the EPL

Total shots - 62

Shots on Target - 23

Total Time played in the EPL - 2569 minutes (nearly as much as the previous one and a half years at the club)

Minutes per Goal in EPL - 321 (he actually had a better minutes per goal in the EPL in Season 2011/2012 with 317 minutes per goal)

Lukaku 2012/2013 Season

Average 2.8 shots per game in the EPL

Total Shots - 93

Shots on Target - 47

Total Time played in the EPL - 2001 minutes

Minutes per Goal in EPL - 117

Criminal if Floppes starts ahead of Lukaku this season just as it was criminal that he started ahead of Sturridge last season.

If we fail to sign Cavani, we will get another ST. Our strike force now just simply doesn't cut it. It's not enough and we need better. Lukaku is good but not great, yet. Has done well but still got plenty to improve. Ba is good but not the top class ST we need to win the major trophies. And Torres is well...Torres.

Also, don't see Schurrle as a ST at all. He may have played there for Mainz but I believe it has been ages since he played a ST upfront. And with his bamboo-esque figure, don't think he would fit in well playing as ST in the Premier League, assuming if he does join us.

Worst transfer in Premier League history ?

Easily Andy Carroll!

they paid £35 Million for a guy they had to loan out after a season! at least we bought a player who was at least worth the money at one point in his career Carroll has never been worth £20 and probably never will!

Easily Andy Carroll!

they paid £35 Million for a guy they had to loan out after a season! at least we bought a player who was at least worth the money at one point in his career Carroll has never been worth £20 and probably never will!

Haha I thought about Carroll too but at least he cost less. Yeah Torres is probably #2.

Well at least Andy Carroll is no where near 175k p/w - but still a donkey :D

Besides it speaks volumes to the fact that Looserpool management decided Carroll is not good enough and tried their best to not pay his wages and sell him - while we had Torres torpedo our EPL season, after a season of awful football we even promoted him as first choice striker.

OH OH OH! Chelsea should receive a 20m € bid from Barcelona for Fernando Torres in next days, according to catalan paper Sport

If this happens, I won't hate Barca anymore

this sounds too good to be true.

I just don't see it happening. :(

Here's my thinking... We all see how Torres plays on a regular basis. Its AWFUL. Just Awful !

But on the odd occasion that he does turn it on... he gets a knock in the or the ref pisses him off etc. For example, in the Steaua game at the Bridge, he got his face kicked in and he looked a new man ! He looked a new man.... yes he missed a pen but he looked energetic and lively.

And If anyone can give Torres a metaphorical kick in the face ... its Jose