Fernando Torres

Lol this sums up Torres for me....

I had a big night in London last night, needed to be up at 5:30am for my flight back to Salzburg... I think I heard the alarm on phone going off and switched it off and went back to sleep...

I then dreamed of a football match and Torres was scoring for Chelsea, I woke up and thought WTF tat ain't right - checked the clock 6:15am!!! I just knew Torres playing well and scoring was a dream...

Thank god for Business Class Fast-Track security, as still made flight :)

Lol this sums up Torres for me....

I had a big night in London last night, needed to be up at 5:30am for my flight back to Salzburg... I think I heard the alarm on phone going off and switched it off and went back to sleep...

I then dreamed of a football match and Torres was scoring for Chelsea, I woke up and thought WTF tat ain't right - checked the clock 6:15am!!! I just knew Torres playing well and scoring was a dream...

Thank god for Business Class Fast-Track security, as still made flight :)

The Torres.

The Ultimate Wake Up Call Device for Crappy Football.

Disclaimer: does not work the consciousness with Russian Oligarchs or Subliminally Liverpoolian Fat Spanish Waiters.

Such a sad story in all honesty. How such a talented player turned this pathetic. You can at times see 'glimpses' of his lost talent, but only glimpses as he is inconsistent beyond belief. People like to claim that we somehow, 'Ruined him", is absolute bull shit. He came out of form and already going down hill when Liverscum were trying to get rid of him (cartilage in his knees were soon diminishing) making him soon useless of his pace. His loss of his number one attribute, acceleration to beat players, was soon gone. With the heavy pressure on him due to his price tag and his loss of critical attributes, his weak mind couldn't cope with it. Instead of working on other aspects of the game, his touch got worse, finishing absolutely dreadful, lack of moving without the ball into space, etc. We tried to bulk him up so he wouldn't get injured due to his knees, we succeeded unfortunately.

We did nothing wrong. Did we mess up his finishing and his shit overall play?

Sooner he leaves, the better, on both parties. He doesn't belong here and I truly do wish him the best when he leaves.

Such a sad story in all honesty. How such a talented player turned this pathetic. You can at times see 'glimpses' of his lost talent, but only glimpses as he is inconsistent beyond belief. People like to claim that we somehow, 'Ruined him", is absolute bull shit. He came out of form and already going down hill when Liverscum were trying to get rid of him (cartilage in his knees were soon diminishing) making him soon useless of his pace. His loss of his number one attribute, acceleration to beat players, was soon gone. With the heavy pressure on him due to his price tag and his loss of critical attributes, his weak mind couldn't cope with it. Instead of working on other aspects of the game, his touch got worse, finishing absolutely dreadful, lack of moving without the ball into space, etc. We tried to bulk him up so he wouldn't get injured due to his knees, we succeeded unfortunately.

Sooner he leaves, the better, on both parties. He doesn't belong here and I truly do wish him the best when he leaves.

Probably the main factor.

But the funny thing is, after watching his recent games, his pace seems have to improved quite a bit.

Probably the main factor.

But the funny thing is, after watching his recent games, his pace seems have to improved quite a bit.

No where near the level he was in 2008. He had one of the greatest accelerations off the ball I've ever witnessed, on par with the likes of the Phenomenon, aka Ronaldo.

We did. Torres was a panic-buy. You dont buy that kind of player under those circumstances, for that price, in a january transfer window.

We basically forced Liverpools hand and at the same time Torres'. And he definatley joined us at the worst possible timing. Had we bought Torres today, it might've been a differant story.

Anyway, not a well-thought nor good buy (without looking at how it turned out).

I don't think the claims of "we ruined him" are necessarily way off. Does anyone else remember Benitez making a comment about how they were going to basically make Torres hit the gym and get a yard or two of pace? When I heard that I was flabbergasted. WTF we don't always do that? With all of our players?! Especially the ones who rely on their pace?!

Makes me wonder if anyone is working on Luiz's positioning or Mikel's passing, etc. blows my mind.... I guess they just Assume these players are too good to work on fundamentals? They're just human afterAll.