Fernando Torres

I just read through pages 1 - 3 of this thread!

it does make me chuckle, I reccomend you do it for teh lulz.

I agree with those saying Torres can't play with another striker. TBH though i dont think it'll make adifference because at the moment when we attack we attack in numbers...

I also think a new main superstar striker (falcao) will only be bought if Torres is sold. if we have 2 strikers that expect to play every game, one will get upset (torres and drogba).

Mate, it's German for "the Torres, the".

Errr....not quite. In german we have 3. articles: "der" for masculine nouns, "die" for feminine and "das" for neuter. You'd never translate "the Torres, the " into "die Torres, die", cos the article "the" either refers to Torres, so it should be (surprise!) masculine thus "der Torres, der". Just to put that right. i remember s.o. trying to learn a bit of our language.

5 Goals 1 Assist v. Genk

sure? thought it was 2 but also 2 against Nordsjaelland. Well, whatevs, your point is right, though. Torres does socre against teams of lesser quality in matches of lesser importance. Should have scored against Liverpool, ManU and Corinthians and many more.

I just read through pages 1 - 3 of this thread!

it does make me chuckle, I reccomend you do it for teh lulz.

I agree with those saying Torres can't play with another striker. TBH though i dont think it'll make adifference because at the moment when we attack we attack in numbers...

I also think a new main superstar striker (falcao) will only be bought if Torres is sold. if we have 2 strikers that expect to play every game, one will get upset (torres and drogba).

haha, you're right it was funny

it's been a 2 year long nightmare since then

i don't think i'll ever understand why we're letting him play for us week in week out, dragging our club down to the ground

every person at the club responsible for this should be embarrassed of himself

my point is he has played crap in his last 5 games and scored 6 goals! deal with it! :wave:

That is not a point, that is a correct opinion put next to a fact, followed by a meaningless statement and an emoticon that doesn't make sense in the context of the text.

That is not a point, that is a correct opinion put next to a fact, followed by a meaningless statement and an emoticon that doesn't make sense in the context of the text.

ok thanks for that. Have i offended you by stating some facts about Torres? let me tell you again this guy Torres has been awful in his last 5 games and has still scored 6 goals! deal with it! :wave:

ok thanks for that. Have i offended you by stating some facts about Torres? let me tell you again this guy Torres has been awful in his last 5 games and has still scored 6 goals! deal with it! :wave:

Yes, you have definitely offended me by posting the same comment 3 times... :fainthv9: Although torres' performance has apparantly changed from being crap to being awful.

Yes, you have definitely offended me by posting the same comment 3 times... :fainthv9: Although torres' performance has apparantly changed from being crap to being awful.

you mean from being crap to being awfully crap ....or Mega Crap or Giga Crap or Mucho Mega Crappo

thats what i thought!

i knew i would get a bite by posting that earlier! lol! as i said before i find it so funny how people on here get so offended when someone doesn't say the same old rubbish about Torres! haha!

btw just so you know Torres has scored 6 goals in his last 5 games and is our top scorer this season, how does that make you feel? i bet it makes your blood boil!

how about this Torres fact - Torres has scored more goals this season than Rooney, Balotelli, Ba, Cisse, Tevez ,Aguero, Dzeko, Adebayor, Podolski, Giroud, Villa and Benzema!!! go on tell me Torres has played more games, guess what i dont care! he has scored 13 goals already with one more game to play before xmas! 2 goals fewer than RVP as well! all that by playing like a 'conference player' as people on here would say! how does that make you feel? i can feel your anger already! :wave:

thats what i thought!

i knew i would get a bite by posting that earlier! lol! as i said before i find it so funny how people on here get so offended when someone doesn't say the same old rubbish about Torres! haha!

btw just so you know Torres has scored 6 goals in his last 5 games and is our top scorer this season, how does that make you feel? i bet it makes your blood boil!

how about this Torres fact - Torres has scored more goals this season than Rooney, Balotelli, Ba, Cisse, Tevez ,Aguero, Dzeko, Adebayor, Podolski, Giroud, Villa and Benzema!!! go on tell me Torres has played more games, guess what i dont care! he has scored 13 goals already with one more game to play before xmas! 2 goals fewer than RVP as well! all that by playing like a 'conference player' as people on here would say! how does that make you feel? i can feel your anger already! :wave:

LOL! What are you on about...

I would love torres to be amazing and the greatest striker on the planet as that would be a great thing... Torres being our top goalscorer doesn't make my blood boil in the slightest... It doesn't change the fact that torres has still been bad despite whatever his stats say. And that is not a good thing. Scoring vs nordsjaelland and leeds is great but when it matters most he misses. CWC, missed a tap in.. etc.

I was simply asking what your point was when you keep pointing out the stat that you seem to love so much. Apparently oblivious to every other stat. You can find stats all over the place to help you with various arguments, hence i said he has 94 games and 25 goals etc. I want torres to be scoring goals, so i find it hilarious you think i would get frustrated by a chelsea player scoring goals. My point i have mentioned earlier on is that he still is playing very bad and will bite us in the ass as it already has this season.

thats what i thought!

It's good Torres scoring at last, it's only taken £125m to get it to happen.

Also you seem to be forgetting about the fact that we have 1 striker (danny injured and never getting a look in), and therefore play with one up top.

And of the prem players you mentioned, Rooney plays on the left and isn't their main striker by a long way... Balotelli pretty much never plays, ba is great and plays in a strike partnership of 2 and doesn't have over 50 mil behind him playing in a team currently 13th ish, dzecko is man citys 3rd choice striker, tevez has been good this season but is in a team with 4 (3 top quality strikers) and his record is very close to torres, adebayor is tottenhams number 2, podolski and giroud are in their first season in the prem and play together. Also giroud started off terribly. And thats without mentioning him playing more games. :)

See how stats can easily be interpreted in one way or the other.

You getting angry... :lol:

If torres wants to score a goal a game from now to the end of the season then that is great but is it gonna happen if performances stay the same. But goals are not just a number and some ar emore valuable to others... I.E. Scoring when 4-1 up vs leeds isn't the same as when we are 1-0 down in a final of a competiton with 3 mins left is it. Drogba didn't score many last season but he did when it mattered and that was much more important than him scoring 25 in a season.

Errr....not quite. In german we have 3. articles: "der" for masculine nouns, "die" for feminine and "das" for neuter. You'd never translate "the Torres, the " into "die Torres, die", cos the article "the" either refers to Torres, so it should be (surprise!) masculine thus "der Torres, der". Just to put that right. i remember s.o. trying to learn a bit of our language.

sure? thought it was 2 but also 2 against Nordsjaelland. Well, whatevs, your point is right, though. Torres does socre against teams of lesser quality in matches of lesser importance. Should have scored against Liverpool, ManU and Corinthians and many more.

Haha, I know it's the feminine article, that is what I said it.

Also you seem to be forgetting about the fact that we have 1 striker (danny injured and never getting a look in), and therefore play with one up top.

And of the prem players you mentioned, Rooney plays on the left and isn't their main striker by a long way... Balotelli pretty much never plays, ba is great and plays in a strike partnership of 2 and doesn't have over 50 mil behind him playing in a team currently 13th ish, dzecko is man citys 3rd choice striker, tevez has been good this season but is in a team with 4 (3 top quality strikers) and his record is very close to torres, adebayor is tottenhams number 2, podolski and giroud are in their first season in the prem and play together. Also giroud started off terribly. And thats without mentioning him playing more games. :)

See how stats can easily be interpreted in one way or the other.

You getting angry... :lol:

If torres wants to score a goal a game from now to the end of the season then that is great but is it gonna happen if performances stay the same. But goals are not just a number and some ar emore valuable to others... I.E. Scoring when 4-1 up vs leeds isn't the same as when we are 1-0 down in a final of a competiton with 3 mins left is it. Drogba didn't score many last season but he did when it mattered and that was much more important than him scoring 25 in a season.

5 games 6 goals! haha! don't get angry now!

The useless Torres is Chelsea's top scorer! how do you feel?

and guess what 9 of his 13 goals have been important goals! how does that make you feel? hysterical.gif

5 games 6 goals! haha! don't get angry now!

The useless Torres is Chelsea's top scorer! how do you feel?

and guess what 9 of his 13 goals have been important goals! how does that make you feel? hysterical.gif

How many of those goals were against top quality opposition again? Oh.