Fernando Torres

of course but i find it funny how its Chelsea fans who keep finding ways to discredit Torres, someone on here went through he trouble of working out how many minutes each player played to show that Torres had played more minutes so his goals mean nothing, thats something i would expect the Liverpool fans to do! so at the end of the season if Torres wins the golden boot (i know it wont happen its just an example) having played 5 more games than RVP and Aguero for example will everyone on here be saying Torres only won the golden boot because he played 5 more games? you bet they will and i bet supporters of other team would say fair play to Torres.

You dont see the Barca fans saying Messi has only outscored Muller because he played more games or took more penalties do you? says it all really how people feel about Torres on here! people would much rather see him not score another goal this season and get sold in the summer than for Torres to suddenly start scoring every week! for me i know Torres is pretty awful but im not going to hate the guy for not being good enough! or blame everything on him like people do on here.

When you are looking at a striker of course you are going to look at the amount of time on the field it takes him to score a goal. Virtually all the top strikers when on form score a goal every 120 minutes or less they are on the field. Virtually all other top teams cannot afford to have a first choice forward who takes two and a half games to get a goal. Statistics for a guy like Torres are comparable to lower level teams who don't have many options up top and are forced into playing the same players every game like Wigan(Franco Di Santo); Everton(Jelavic); Sunderland(Fletcher); etc not something you would expect from a Club challenging for titles.

Brining out statistics like Torres has more goals than Rooney; Aguerro; Balotelli etc when he has played twice the amount of time compared to the rest of these players is frankly pathetic. It's no wonder the last time Torres was in form at Liverpool he had a goal every 88 minutes which was 4 years ago. When you are virtually the only choice here(Sturridge started one game up top when Torres was banned and Hazard was played ahead of him against Juve), compared to a guy like RvP who gets rested for some of United's easier games to keep him fresh is funny. What would have happened if Sturridge/Lukaku had played up top against some of the struggling teams which Torres bloated his goal tally against like the Nords; QPR; Genk; Leichester; Monterrey; Wolves; etc he would be on 10 goals right now. Last season the only goal which was either an equalizer; winning goal; or opening goal Torres scored was against Swansea all the rest of his goals were absolutely pointless in terms of our team winning games or securing points.

I can hypothetical too.

How do you know Chelsea wouldn't have won those games 5-0 without Torres? Can you prove that? No you can't. Can you prove that someone would not have scored? No. ANd here is another: What if Torres never signed in 2010, what if we won the Premiership and the Champions League with Carlo? What if, what if, what if, I don't give a fuck about what ifs.

I wasn't talking about fucking hypothetical situations was I? I was approaching the game on a purely mathematical basis. I am not here to argue about bullshit what ifs.

You my friend are trying to rationalise something as chaotic and unpredictable as the future by saying things like: "scoring at HT to give a some breathing space was the perfect time to score and virtually ended Newcastle's chances of getting back into the game." Please tell me how you know this. How do you know that Newcastle's chances were ended there? How? How do you know that Newcastle's chances to win the game were ended there? I can continue repeating myself if you so desire. Oh, if I might add you contradict yourself quite well by saying this beforehand: "How do you know if Torres never put us 2-0 up right on HT against Newcastle that they wouldn't have got back into the game and got an equalizer?" You start by questioning me about knowing things I can not possibly know but follow up with a statement you can not prove or disprove, but you seem pretty sure about it's authenticity.

"and had he not scored that goal we never would have got the fourth as their keeper wouldn't have come up to try to score an equalizer." Again how do you know this? How do you know that Chelsea would not have scored four goals? It's entirely possible that 5 goals could have been scored, is it not?

"The only time you can say a goal wasnt important is if your team is 4-0 up and someone scores a 5th and none of his goals have been like that they have all been important and swung all those matches our way." Is this true? I suppose that is why there is no such things as comebacks? Mistake me if I'm wrong but did Newcastle not come from four goals down to tie with Arsenal in the 09/10 season?

Hitherto, I'm was debating statisitcs and maths while you concern yourself with hypothetical scenarios; which have nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.

why are you banging on about being hypothetical? whats that got to do with anything?

its not about being hypothetical! i made my point why Torres's goals were important in those games and gave you a scenario of what could have happened had he not scored when he did! we could have still won those games without him who knows and who cares? I was making the point that goals change games and all of those goals you mentioned changed the game in our favor so saying his goals are not important is just plain stupid! all his goals meant something!

All Hail Lord Drogba , It's just me or it has become a sin to say anything that goes against him ?

Apart from 2006-2007 and 2009-2010 , he never scored 20 plus goals in the league . Respect to him but he aint a Legend and all of you would never had given a single fuck to him , if robben had converted that penalty in UEFA final #FACT

Yes, it's just you.

And as for the second part, he was already a legend to every real Chelsea fan (excludes you then) before the CL final. Take away most of his achievements and he is still twice the player Torres has and will ever be. Now fuck off.

of course but i find it funny how its Chelsea fans who keep finding ways to discredit Torres, someone on here went through he trouble of working out how many minutes each player played to show that Torres had played more minutes so his goals mean nothing, thats something i would expect the Liverpool fans to do! so at the end of the season if Torres wins the golden boot (i know it wont happen its just an example) having played 5 more games than RVP and Aguero for example will everyone on here be saying Torres only won the golden boot because he played 5 more games? you bet they will and i bet supporters of other team would say fair play to Torres.

You dont see the Barca fans saying Messi has only outscored Muller because he played more games or took more penalties do you? says it all really how people feel about Torres on here! people would much rather see him not score another goal this season and get sold in the summer than for Torres to suddenly start scoring every week! for me i know Torres is pretty awful but im not going to hate the guy for not being good enough! or blame everything on him like people do on here.

We can look on the flip side and say that you're trying to make Torres look better than what he really is. That's my only gripe with the stats you provided. The Messi argument doesn't correlate with Torres' situation either...

Torres has been frustrating, there's no denying that. It's natural for people to discredit him when he's doing bad - you can't expect people to look at him in a positive light after 2 very unproductive years.

As the main striker of the club like CFC, you get placed a heavy burden on yourself. He's not been good enough. The easy miss against Corinthians in the dying minutes of the game represents his CFC career in a nutshell.

He didnt had a bad game , apart from that miss , he was constantly making runs and he only got a couple of through balls from Lampard , IMO nobody gave a fuck about passing a through ball when he made runs or was standing open .

Oh dear.

Reading back from the Nords match there's so much, too much I could say to the fanboys who suddenly come out of recluse synonymous with when Torres comes out of his.

I thought he was performing quite well against Corinthians till the moments he started losing his opportunities. A striker of his caliber has to score goals. As simple as that. I thought he improved his positioning from the beggining of the season to now. I thought he won a lot of aerial balls. But missing golden chances like that one in the last minutes of the match is just unforgivable for any decent striker. He had the ball on his feet, he had plenty of space, he had more than enough time to think what to do, however, his shot went directly to their GK. WTF, I would have scored that. It doesn't matter what he does on the pitch if he doesn't score when he's had plenty of chances. Look at Corinthians' player Danilo moments before their goal. That's the kind of cold calmness I want from a striker. Had it been Torres there, he would have shot directly in the legs of our first defender.

More so than a lack of physical form, Torres is in an horrendous mental state. When he's facing opposing GKs he gets nervous as hell and blows most opportunities.

I thought he was atrocious against Corinthians. He got ball and it was obvious he would futz around with it and lose it. His positioning was weak and with his giant opportunity he showed no touch/thought and just blasted away right into the keeper.

He's forcing Chelsea to play a 10 v 11 games most of the time as he's invisible. Please refrain from insane comments how he scored multiple goals against vastly inferior teams. That's not what he's paid for ...

Yes, scoring goals is part of a striker's job. However, please notice he is scoring most them against Championship quality teams.

In Torres's "reign" at Chelsea he has appeared in 94 games with 25 goals and 14 assists; however when you look at the numbers you begin to see things a bit more clearly ....

5 Goals 1 Assist v. Genk

2 Goals 2 Assists v. Leicester

2 Assists v. Portsmith

1 Goal 1 Assist v. Wolves

2 Goals v. FC Nords

1 Goal v. Leeds

1 goal v. Monterrey

12 Goals and 4 Assists against championship level teams

3 Goals v. QPR

1 Goal 1 Assist v. Aston Villa

1 Goal v. Swansea

1 Goal v. Reading

1 Goal v. Norwich

2 Goals v. Sudnerland

1 Goal 1 Assist v. West Ham

1 Goal 2 assists v. Newscastle

9 Goals and 2 Assist against mid table PL teams.

1 Goal 1 Assist v. Manchester United

1 Goal v. Manchester City

1 Goal v. Arsenal

3 Goals and 1 assist against top 5 PL clubs

1 Goal v. Barcelona

1 Assist v. Benefica

2 Assists v. Leverkusen

1 Goal v. Shaktar

2 Goals 3 assists against top European competition