Fernando Torres

I completely agree with you - he is playing like shit, but he's also scoring. That's what I expect from a striker, so I'm not going to complain whilst he's putting the ball in the net.

As for you saying that is "the worst" and "vaguest" argument - how? It's a fact. Not all of Drogba's goals were match-winners. They weren't always important. They weren't always against big clubs. And do you not remember the times when he walked around completely disinterested? Do not let the Munich Myth cloud your memories of Drogba. He was a phenomenal player and the best striker this club has had, but he had his days where has was as bad - if not worse - than we have ever seen Fernando Torres.

I agree...Drogba's my favorite Chelsea player, but even he would agree that during the period between Mourinho and Ancellotti's tenure his form and more importantly, attitude were way below the mark.

And yes, Torres' inconsistent form in front of goal has probably cost us a few crucial games this season, but the goal stats are there to back him up. A lot of people make him out to be the biggest problem in team atm, but they couldn't be farther from the truth.

Even in Drogba's worst moments he was always capable of providing something for the team; hold the ball up and bring others into play, set-piece either attacking of defensively, winning freekicks, goal out of absolutely nothing...just something. Defenders always kept tight to him and he kept them honest, they had to look out for him.

I'm not saying he didn't have poor games because he had his fair share. But when Torres has a poor game, which he almost always does, then he is absolutely useless and it's like playing with 10 men. I never felt we were playing with 10 men whenever Drogba had a poor game.

Hasselbaink brought this up against Leeds, and i completely agreed with him. Torres is still yet to score a decisive goal which has won the game. His usual goals are goals when we have won 4-0 or something and he has scored 2.

He scored the first goal against Arsenal yes, and had he not of scored it we wouldn't of won. But he still hasn't scored a goal where we win 1-0 and it's because of him. He still hasn't gotten the goal where we have won 3-2 and he got the last goal of the game or something like that.

You could count the Reading one, but to be fair we won it 4-2 and it doesn't quite mean the same now does it.

It's so unbelievably frustrating to watch him play.. <_<

His link-up play was superb, probably the best in the season so far, yet again he screwed up 2 golden chances which probably most of us would convert...

He is due a rest, so hopefully we will wrap the Ba deal up very early in January...

He just doesnt cut it in a club like Chelsea who want to compete for all trophies, he just doesnt. If you dont see it then you must be blind. He just doesnt have IT anymore.

I mean people talk about the lack of help from the midfield but how easy is it to give balls to Torres. I mean if you give the ball to his feet he will only get outmusceled by the defender and if you give a ball which he should run for he only gets outruned. He got no strengh nor any pace anymore. Yes, will will score some goals here and some goals there but it wont take away the fact that he's done and its time for this club to move on!!!

Hasselbaink brought this up against Leeds, and i completely agreed with him. Torres is still yet to score a decisive goal which has won the game. His usual goals are goals when we have won 4-0 or something and he has scored 2.

He scored the first goal against Arsenal yes, and had he not of scored it we wouldn't of won. But he still hasn't scored a goal where we win 1-0 and it's because of him. He still hasn't gotten the goal where we have won 3-2 and he got the last goal of the game or something like that.

You could count the Reading one, but to be fair we won it 4-2 and it doesn't quite mean the same now does it.

Yeah, that aspect is rather annoying.

Today was a prime example. Played through by Oscar in the 90th min, when he could have sealed the game..but took 2 extra touches, allowing himself to be tackled by Dystan.

Today was a prime example. Played through by Oscar in the 90th min, when he could have sealed the game..but took 2 extra touches, allowing himself to be tackled by Dystan.

No. The problem then was when Oscar ran with the ball, instead of running wider and create that space between himself and Distin, he kept on running so closely to him. When Oscar played the ball into his path, Distin was too close to him and allowed the chance to clear it! Had Torres create that gap between him and Distin, the latter won't have a chance to clear it and Torres would have scored as the through ball from Oscar would be played in perfectly to his path.

No. The problem then was when Oscar ran with the ball, instead of running wider and create that space between himself and Distin, he kept on running so closely to him. When Oscar played the ball into his path, Distin was too close to him and allowed the chance to clear it! Had Torres create that gap between him and Distin, the latter won't have a chance to clear it and Torres would have scored as the through ball from Oscar would be played in perfectly to his path.

the commentator was like Torres so close to oscar,like he wants to hold hands. Made me laugh so hard.

If the result was different I would blame him for the two wasted opportunities (the misscontrol in the box and the counter 90+ min). However, now I prefer to look at the positives. His general link-up play was good and he participated in the build-up play for both goals. Additionally, he won a fair amount of headers, although Distin who by the way had a great game was bossing him for the majority of the game. If that is not enough we can console ourselves with Rafa's cliche 'He does a great job defending corners'. Haha fair enough.

I hope all the Ba talk is true and he pushes Torres to his limits.

What I really like about Torres, is when the ball gets played to him and your supping your beer, you know you can take your time and you wont spill any

My wife likes Torres ,,when he gets the ball I don't shout with excitement ...just groan softly and :fainthv9:

I completely agree with you - he is playing like shit, but he's also scoring. That's what I expect from a striker, so I'm not going to complain whilst he's putting the ball in the net.

We can discuss this from other perspective.

He is scoring, but remember how many chances he misses. Not to speak about chances in important games, like vs. Corinthians.

What the fuck does it mean to you if he scores 20 goals, but misses 100 clear chances?

Imagine you had someone better instead of him. That better striker would score, for example, 80 goals and that is a huge difference.

We are top club and we must always strive to improve, and Torres is simply not good enough. Fuck stats, fuck his few goals vs Aston Villa and Nordsjaeland.

You have to consider that he always loses possession and his shit performances have bad influence on team.

Striker must do much more than just scoring goals, especially in a top club.

So Torres - still not good enough.

Anyone going on about "i want Demba Ba in right now because of Torres's first touches", then don't expect much.

Demba Ba has a very average first touch, infact it's nothing good at all and certainly not good enough to get him into top 4 level, but his game doesn't rely on that. He is brilliant at getting on the end of any delivery. He's a good finisher with great technique, can strike a great volley as well. Not in a creative type way but Demba Ba does possess flair, as in scoring his goals, he will special ways that people wont know how to do when he grabs his goals. Like i used to love watching Ba because he scores with a swagger.