Fernando Torres

oh so let me get this right, last season everyone slates Torres for not scoring, fair enough, now he is scoring and he is still getting slated because he hasn't scored against top teams like Arsenal, Shakhtar or Man City? oh wait... hysterical.gif

:fainthv9: :fainthv9: :fainthv9: :fainthv9:

I feel like I must be in a twilight zone episode or something. Torres's link up play is atrocious. He's a massive black hole. His positioning is maddening and has a poor sense for the ball. Spain chose to use a 4-6-0 rather than play him in the Euro championships. That should tell you all you need to know about Torres.

I'd rather play a half-eaten kebab up-front than Torres. At least the opposition would get a little confused and distracted.

I cringe for my life whenever Torres tries to trick people with his step-overs (which usually result in him falling over).

I cringe for my life whenever Torres tries to trick people with his step-overs (which usually result in him falling over).

It feels like watching an Old crippled man trying to play Basketball with teenagers...So sad.

I'd rather play a half-eaten kebab up-front than Torres. At least the opposition would get a little confused and distracted.

Why haven't you eaten the kebab is a better question... :)

He missed a sitter that would put us 1:1 in Wc final from one meter. Says enough that he is shit. Service was there, he didnt score and he never will in important games.

jumped to the roof of my room when he missed that one !!

we need a lethal striker .... don't care if he stayed or lift ... but don't want him to play that much games ...

He missed a sitter that would put us 1:1 in Wc final from one meter. Says enough that he is shit. Service was there, he didnt score and he never will in important games.

Not that I'm his biggest fan or something, but that miss was not following a great service provided by the midfielders. It was a cross from Azpilicueta (I think), which Fernando tried but didn't manage to touch. The ball deflected from a Corinthians defender right back at Torres and he failed to score. In my opinion, that is the only thing Torres should be criticized for, the finish itself, but we can't say that the service was there. Because the service that day was absolutely disastrous.

About today, I gotta be fair and I admit tha I really enjoyed his goal and I think that he is doing clearly better lately.

Gotta say he looked good today! I'm shell shocked :)

He called for the ball as soon as 'Dave' received it and 'dave' curled a beauty of a cross in and Torres slotted it home!

Also his general passing and link-up play were pretty good, think he also had a 2nd disallowed for offside - didnt catch the highlights so not sure if it was.

Honestly I think Studge going and possibility of new striker coming has really lit something under his arse, he's looking better and better

Please don't take this the wrong way, we now have a Striker as good as say Grant Holt (that level) - I just don't think sadly Torres will ever be as good as Falcao is now, but if he keeps getting better and we keep winning - i will happily eat my words :)

P.s. still want Falcao or Lewandoski or Cavanni :) - for the big games :P

P.p.s Torres hat-trick against the canaries :)