Fernando Torres

He is playing well right now but we still need a new forward or two in January.

If he carries on like this then he will win us points against lesser sides, but the two times we needed him to step up under badly Rafa he has failed (against City then CWC final).

Im happy he has started scoring and on good form right now but his form has a habit of changing like the wind, good enough for a rotation player but a number one forward at a club looking to win things?

There is still some die hard Torres defenders :doh:

Encourage him when he is playing yes, but how any one can even begin to defend his performances or attitude at Chelsea is beyond me.

@Backstreet09, respect works both ways, should we respect a player who clearly does not respect us? A player who moaned a day after Munich that we didn't play him ahead of a serial cup final scorer, a player who admitted he didn't care, a player who resorted to use the service excuse himself, a player who sulked when he wasn't chosen to take a pen in Munich (two months after refusing to take one away at Birmingham when we were 2-0 up) a player who walked down the tunnel when he (deservedly) got subbed for a superior striker.

He has the cheek to moan about his role after serving us a year and a half of complete shite "this was not what i expected when i joined" well maybe if he earned the role he was expecting he might have got it.

I don't like him, and it's not because of his displays, i respected and loved Sheva because he knew he was playing bad (but even he was Messi compared to Torres) and done everything in his power to change that. Torres genuinely believes he deserves to be number 1 forward, the guy is fucking deluded.

I have never disliked a Chelsea player before, not even Bogarde, say what you like about him but he still done his part of the contract, turned up to training, kept himself fit and available for selection if he was ever recalled (like Malouda is doing now), would Torres even do that if he was frozen out? judging by his attitude so far i have my severe doubts.

Agree it work both ways , Apart from the owner did the players and the staff gave him any respect when he joined us ? look for the interviews he gave after joining us , that will clear everything .

Refusing to take a penalty during a match is another thing , not naming your 50M striker in your 5 penalty takers in a final is another thing .

He's a fucking 50M striker , what do you expect ? Bench Zlatan or Ronaldo in a match , they will eat you up .

And to all the people , who say he's not the same guy , has never seen him play in his liverpool days .Even against Villa , after scoring that thumping header , he constandly made runs , but no one picked them , Lampard tried to play some balls , but he's not Alonso .

Play Messi Behind a striker , mark my words , messi won't even score half of the goals he scored in his record breaking season . ( not comparing Messi with Torres ) But Barca did that to unlock his potential , the point is you help your signings to adapt (both mentally and tactically), which we never did in the Torres case . Even take Man U for example , to help RVP they moved Rooney in the midfield .

Agree it work both ways , Apart from the owner did the players and the staff gave him any respect when he joined us ? look for the interviews he gave after joining us , that will clear everything .

Refusing to take a penalty during a match is another thing , not naming your 50M striker in your 5 penalty takers in a final is another thing .

He's a fucking 50M striker , what do you expect ? Bench Zlatan or Ronaldo in a match , they will eat you up .

And to all the people , who say he's not the same guy , has never seen him play in his liverpool days .Even against Villa , after scoring that thumping header , he constandly made runs , but no one picked them , Lampard tried to play some balls , but he's not Alonso .

Play Messi Behind a striker , mark my words , messi won't even score half of the goals he scored in his record breaking season . ( not comparing Messi with Torres ) But Barca did that to unlock his potential , the point is you help your signings to adapt (both mentally and tactically), which we never did in the Torres case . Even take Man U for example , to help RVP they moved Rooney in the midfield .

The only point I agree with is that our midfielders sometimes fail to spot some of his runs.

But, you cannot convince me that he still has the same pace. He has to struggle a lot more these days to get past defenders.

Its impossible to find fault with him in matches like this...He made quite a few runs, but the midfield players weren't able to spot them quickly enough.

His runs were terrible and also you have to mention that he always dribble too much,but the problem is that ce can´t dribble.He is too slow,his runs are poor and he can´t pass.He destroyed some of ours chances.After such a poor performance I expect Benitez to bench Torres,although I know that for Benitez Torres is holy.I woult rather see Moses as a CF,or maybe Piazon,but Torres is makes me angry.

I am not convinced at all Rafa has brought him back. Remember his resurgence under AVB(Swansea, Genk etc.), remember his resurgence under RDM(Leicester, QPR and co.), and I'm afraid we're probably in a similar bout. Torres has still had as poor a performance as any of his usual ones under Benitez, see West Ham, Corinthians, Newcastle, Norwich efc.

On the first point if you watch if first few matches upto the Blackpool match players were looking for him, they gave up when they realized their was no point, eventually Carlo gave up and went back to selecting Didier. Mata and AVB went through the same respective cycles.

If he was playing well he would have been straight on the team sheet in Munich, but he wasn't. Ronaldo and Ibra have never played crap enough to be dropped at their current respective clubs, if they were they would be.

Regardless of cost, you can't seriously expect us to give a player a penalty in the biggest game in our history, two months after refusing one when we were 2-0 up at Birmingham? No matter what he cost's that was never going to happen and the funny thing is he wasn't even 6th, Cahill was the next to step up had Didier missed.

He has been playing very well under Rafa, anyone can see that, however I still don't trust him in the long run. The last two years of constant disappointment will not be forgotten for a good run of 10 games. IF he can do it consistantly over the following season, I may just forgive him.

He has been playing very well under Rafa, anyone can see that, however I still don't trust him in the long run. The last two years of constant disappointment will not be forgotten for a good run of 10 games. IF he can do it consistantly over the following season, I may just forgive him.

The funny thing is that he only scores against bad teams.We know that he can score against bad teams,but we need a striker,who is able to score against any team we have to face.Torres is not good enough for us.His last match was ridiculous

The funny thing is that he only scores against bad teams.We know that he can score against bad teams,but we need a striker,who is able to score against any team we have to face.Torres is not good enough for us.His last match was ridiculous

Well he scored against Arsenal, United, City, Barcelona and Newcastle, who are just in a bad run of form but are a good team. I am not his biggest fan but he has been overplayed recently as there is no one suitable to currently rotate him with.

I don't buy this stupid argument about him not scoring 'important' goals against big teams. People seem to think that just because Drogba's last three goals for the club were against Tottenham, Barcelona and Bayern Munich, that all of his goals were match-winners or scored against big clubs. The amount of times he scored the third or fourth goal in matches - against piss-poor opposition as well... and yet people are using this against Torres.

Considering how shit he has been, we should be happy he's even scoring at the minute.

I said we should get rid of Torres if he hadn't netted 10 by the start of January. He already has surpassed that and has the opportunity of extending it before the season concludes. 14 goals at this stage of the season is a very, very good return.

I don't buy this stupid argument about him not scoring 'important' goals against big teams. People seem to think that just because Drogba's last three goals for the club were against Tottenham, Barcelona and Bayern Munich, that all of his goals were match-winners or scored against big clubs. The amount of times he scored the third or fourth goal in matches - against piss-poor opposition as well... and yet people are using this against Torres.

Considering how shit he has been, we should be happy he's even scoring at the minute.

I said we should get rid of Torres if he hadn't netted 10 by the start of January. He already has surpassed that and has the opportunity of extending it before the season concludes. 14 goals at this stage of the season is a very, very good return.

thats got to be the worst and vaguest argument. torres is playing poorly. he is playing so poor that he does not deserve to be wearing the blue jersey. just because he has scored 14 goals playing almost every minute of this season does not and should not make us happy. that is insane. all u have to do is watch the match against norwich. i mean how many touches did he have and how many times was he dispossessed. so just because he can stand in the middle of the pitch and produce a moment of magic every 1-2 months (his goal against newcastle, aston villa) or just tap in the ball (most of the times not even that), should and does not make me happy. a player who is earning 200k per week should play better.

Do not let the Munich Myth cloud your memories of Drogba. He was a phenomenal player and the best striker this club has had, but he had his days where has was as bad - if not worse - than we have ever seen Fernando Torres.

There was a period of time where Drogba was booed by the home fans for his constant diving. I love the guy but you're absolutely right about a certain myth of him building up.

I completely agree with you - he is playing like shit, but he's also scoring. That's what I expect from a striker, so I'm not going to complain whilst he's putting the ball in the net.

As for you saying that is "the worst" and "vaguest" argument - how? It's a fact. Not all of Drogba's goals were match-winners. They weren't always important. They weren't always against big clubs. And do you not remember the times when he walked around completely disinterested? Do not let the Munich Myth cloud your memories of Drogba. He was a phenomenal player and the best striker this club has had, but he had his days where has was as bad - if not worse - than we have ever seen Fernando Torres.

first of all lets not compare torres to drogba. DD is better in evry sense of the word.

DD like any player in any sport had his bad and good and awesome moments but that is what it was moments. if u take his performaces on and average scale, he will come as a great player.

any ways i said "the worst" and "the vaguest" argument because i cant fathom being "happy" over a player's performace just because he is scoring. i can easily say this statement that any striker who is actually worth even half of torres' wages and transfer fee would outscore by some margin if he had the service that nando does. remember danny's 20 mins against wba and his 4 missed chances but that is what some basic movement can do. plus i said "the worst" and "vaguest" argument because i read the word happy sp ignore those adjectives.

all i am saying is we cant be even "satisfied" by torres' preformace and contribution, let alone happy.