Fernando Torres

He has scored 14 goals in 29 games this season, which is nearly a goal every two games (if i did my maths right, and i suck at maths) doesn't really paint the kind of season he has had so far. Hope he can bring some consistency to his play -- which is what he has really lacked!

Gotta say he looked good today! I'm shell shocked :)

He called for the ball as soon as 'Dave' received it and 'dave' curled a beauty of a cross in and Torres slotted it home!

Also his general passing and link-up play were pretty good, think he also had a 2nd disallowed for offside - didnt catch the highlights so not sure if it was.

Honestly I think Studge going and possibility of new striker coming has really lit something under his arse, he's looking better and better

Please don't take this the wrong way, we now have a Striker as good as say Grant Holt (that level) - I just don't think sadly Torres will ever be as good as Falcao is now, but if he keeps getting better and we keep winning - i will happily eat my words :)

P.s. still want Falcao or Lewandoski or Cavanni :) - for the big games :P

P.p.s Torres hat-trick against the canaries :)

Hey, if he keeps scoring a goal per game, then who cares if he's as good as Falcao? :)

Finally Torres is looking happy ish with us and is scoring but he had his chance to get everyone on side and he blew in in the club world cup final. If he had converted that chance and let us to glory i would love him forever no matter what. He was very good yesterday against a very young depleted side. We'll only know if he's back to his best in the tough games like Everton away. I think he'll do ok against Norwich and maybe score but i have no confidence about the Goodison trip. I'd take a draw now if offered.

I'm not going to expect much or get my hopes up but it seems we are sort of playing how Livershit did when Torres was in his prime. Stretch the defense with width. Good, early crosses as well as early passes into space Torres can use. Perhaps we may see Torres really be a good threat and goalscorer?

No matter what we need a top quality Striker though. I hope Nando keeps scoring though for once.

Got to give him credit, he did well yesterday. He killed the game off early and made some good runs for other players for the rest of the game. But Villa were awful and he still has to show it against better teams than Sunderland and Nordsjaellend.

That was a brilliant header really. A dipping cross and from such range, simply perfect. His heading has been the only consistent trait in his time here, unlucky not to score more due to some brilliant saves (offside at the CWC).

I could get used to him scoring...

Some people piss me off though...

When he wasn't scoring and playing well for the team with assists and link of play everyone was pissed and said a strikers job is to score, and now that he is scoring some people are saying his link up is shit?

Yeah, fuck off, the lad is scoring and building momentum for the TEAM...

It's almost like when Torres scores everyone on the team goes "oh fuck, let's do it!"

Deff need another striker to give him a rest and healthy competition, but he is playing really dangerously...

Keep it up Nando!

Go blues!