Fernando Torres

Watching the highlights of the Leeds game and one thing that is becoming apparent about Torres is that he doesn't help the players around him. When you talk about great players, you say how they make other players better (look at Mata for Moses goal, drawing defenders away and creating space for a shot).

With Torres it's the opposite. The passes to teammates aren't clean, which means they have to break their stride. He doesn't make sympathetic runs to create space for them. He doesn't make the right runs into the box (Hazard put in a perfect cross and Torres was 3 yards from where he should have been).

It really is like playing with 10 men sometimes. It shows how good we are that we're still competing with him in the team, but I can't wait until we have another striker doing the RIGHT things up front.

5 games 6 goals! haha! don't get angry now!

The useless Torres is Chelsea's top scorer! how do you feel?

and guess what 9 of his 13 goals have been important goals! how does that make you feel? hysterical.gif

Are you serious or are you trolling? When was the last time Torres scored a winner and/or an important goal against a top or semi-top team?

Are you serious or are you trolling? When was the last time Torres scored a winner and/or an important goal against a top or semi-top team?

First goal against Arsenal, equaliser against Norwich, first two goals against Sunderland, third goal against Reading, second goal against Newcastle.

Let's be fair to Torres.

First goal against Arsenal, equaliser against Norwich, first two goals against Sunderland, third goal against Reading, second goal against Newcastle.

Let's be fair to Torres.

Indeed, Norwich, Sunderland and Reading are all top or semi-top teams.

Lets be fair to Torres: he is fucking shit.

He scored a double against Chelsea once. Maybe if we play them Torres will find his scoring boots again...

Brilliant!

Watching the highlights of the Leeds game and one thing that is becoming apparent about Torres is that he doesn't help the players around him. When you talk about great players, you say how they make other players better (look at Mata for Moses goal, drawing defenders away and creating space for a shot).

With Torres it's the opposite. The passes to teammates aren't clean, which means they have to break their stride. He doesn't make sympathetic runs to create space for them. He doesn't make the right runs into the box (Hazard put in a perfect cross and Torres was 3 yards from where he should have been).

It really is like playing with 10 men sometimes. It shows how good we are that we're still competing with him in the team, but I can't wait until we have another striker doing the RIGHT things up front.

You watched a bad game from him but his link up play has been better but never consistent! But just analysing one game and writing what you have is the same joke as his gameplay against leeds! And before you get going i am not defending him and not a torres fangirl!

How many of those goals were against top quality opposition again? Oh.

oh so let me get this right, last season everyone slates Torres for not scoring, fair enough, now he is scoring and he is still getting slated because he hasn't scored against top teams like Arsenal, Shakhtar or Man City? oh wait... hysterical.gif

oh so let me get this right, last season everyone slates Torres for not scoring, fair enough, now he is scoring and he is still getting slated because he hasn't scored against top teams like Arsenal, Shakhtar or Man City? oh wait... hysterical.gif

Ow the cognitive dissonance is strong in this one :-)

He is our only striker in a team with hazard mata and Oscar behind him. He should be scoring. He is still playing shit and going missing in games, which you must be able to see through your torres tinted glasses. He cannot score a 1 on 1 to save his life and the number of chances he has had he should have scored a lot more.

And pretty much everyone else has said the rest...

How do you feel now? lol... Such a joker.

He is our only striker in a team with hazard mata and Oscar behind him. He should be scoring. He is still playing shit and going missing in games, which you must be able to see through your torres tinted glasses. He cannot score a 1 on 1 to save his life and the number of chances he has had he should have scored a lot more.

haven't i already said Torres has been crap? and no i don't have 'Torres tinted glasses' i want him to leave asap as he isn't good enough but i don't hate him for not being good enough that is what i find funny, the hate he gets on here!

I have seen strikers put in Motm performances and not score, Torres can be the worst player on the pitch and still score! people act like his performance is the most important thing, but i would take a Chelsea win and a Torres goal with him playing awful, over Torres playing great and not scoring! Torres will never put in a great performance and score every week, but what he is showing he can do is play crap and still score and as long as he can do that and Chelsea win then i'm happy!

he can do is play crap and still score and as long as he can do that and Chelsea win then i'm happy!

So you're happy if he plays crap for 89 minutes, causing our team to work far too hard as it's basically like playing with 9 outfield players, we win, and he gets a consolation tap-in goal at the end of the 90 minutes to cap off a (somehow) thrashing done by our other players?

haven't i already said Torres has been crap? and no i don't have 'Torres tinted glasses' i want him to leave asap as he isn't good enough but i don't hate him for not being good enough that is what i find funny, the hate he gets on here!

I have seen strikers put in Motm performances and not score, Torres can be the worst player on the pitch and still score! people act like his performance is the most important thing, but i would take a Chelsea win and a Torres goal with him playing awful, over Torres playing great and not scoring! Torres will never put in a great performance and score every week, but what he is showing he can do is play crap and still score and as long as he can do that and Chelsea win then i'm happy!

Everyone would rather chelsea win than not win, with torres doing whatever. I would rather him be scoring than not scoring. You seem to think that because torres gets the headlines and people are always talking about him we care more about his performance than chelsea's which is obviously not true. The "hate" he gets on here stems from 2 years of pretty much nothing, and a continuing of bad performances. If we were to win 90% of games with torres then it wouldn't matter about his performances but the fact is we are not winning every game and with him being our only striker we are heavily relieant upon him.

Listen, I never criticised Torres for not scoring last season so don't paint me with that same brush. Man City was community shield - doesn't count. Shakhtar and Arsenal were 2 out of his 13 goals that were against decent opposition - maybe add in Newcastle with that as well. My point is that you're trying to make it seem as if Torres has been great this season when that's far from the truth - he's scored 6 goals in the last 5 games yes, but they were against poor opposition. It doesn't prove anything. He hides in the majority of our big games and that's fact.

You're acting as if you'd be happy for Torres to remain our main striker. I certainly wouldn't. People are generally disillusioned with Torres because he hasn't produce regularly for over 2 years - when people say they've had enough of him it's not just based on this season - he's been just about okay this season - but it's all the cumulative efforts he has given us since he's arrived. Torres isn't good enough to be the number 1 striker at a top club like CFC, and if you don't agree with that then you're quite deluded about Torres in my opinion.

You watched a bad game from him but his link up play has been better but never consistent! But just analysing one game and writing what you have is the same joke as his gameplay against leeds! And before you get going i am not defending him and not a torres fangirl!

To be honest, I could've offered the same criticism after watching him against West Brom or Liverpool or a few other games this season.

It's not his performances he gets stick for, it's his crap attitude.

Errr....not quite. In german we have 3. articles: "der" for masculine nouns, "die" for feminine and "das" for neuter. You'd never translate "the Torres, the " into "die Torres, die", cos the article "the" either refers to Torres, so it should be (surprise!) masculine thus "der Torres, der". Just to put that right. i remember s.o. trying to learn a bit of our language.

The 5 goals and 1 assist v. Genk was over 3 games. Sorry for the confusion.

sure? thought it was 2 but also 2 against Nordsjaelland. Well, whatevs, your point is right, though. Torres does socre against teams of lesser quality in matches of lesser importance. Should have scored against Liverpool, ManU and Corinthians and many more.