Fernando Torres

All the good work he's done recently will be wiped away after 1 bad game against Liverpool. The confidence he's earned back will be gone. It could be horrible and ruin everything.

Substitute in both Liverpool matches. If he does well then he can start against Munich since Ramires is out.

I don't think he should play against Liverpool. ESPECIALLY at Anfield. He'll get extraordinary abuse every time he even touches the ball. And we know how fragile his confidence is.

Can't see DD playing two games in 4 days either. Sturidge up front?

I'm tired of Torres, every game it's about him scoring or doing something to justify his inclusion within the team - as long as we get positive results I don't care but in the summer there needs to be a serious reevaluation of his role at the club. He hasn't done enough for us to build a team around him and he won't be the same player he was at Liverpool 3 years ago even if he regains his confidence back. I don't feel confident about our management making the correct decision in regards to Torres he has been given far too many chances while Lukaku has had barely 10 minutes in the side; Sturridge has had one game as center forward. Sort out the midfield and right wing, and get the 150k p/w under performing striker off our wage bill before new regulations kick in. I honestly think I would be happier in this season with our position and performances if we at least had given the likes of Bruma; Josh; Lukaku; Piazon; Bertrand the odd game/run since the whole transitional season would really take place instead of papering over the cracks as we are doing right now.

What I find unbelievable is the amount of support this Torres lad is getting and for me at least he hasn't done anything to deserve the adoration of our fans, I guess some people are suckers for a pretty face. I did enjoy Torres in his lethal for Liverpool, but his stint here has proven that he is suited to be a big fish in a small pond - I can understand his performances to a degree due to our struggling midfield but that doesn't explain his poor form for Spain which persisted with him nearly as long as we have despite his form being none existent. He will be a good player again in a side build around his better qualities who can wait for him to regain his confidence, we can't afford to do that considering how awful his finishing is and we can't afford to build a side around a player who is mentally not ready to cut it at the biggest stage at club level - our midfield will never be as good as Spain's current midfield.

still so sure???

True, but that's barcelona, he would've gone to the match in a wheelchair if he had to.

Don't think he's fond of Liverpool either :lol:

However if I'm correct, Liverpool, after Arsenal, is one of the big sides he scores against regularly.

Don't think he's fond of Liverpool either :lol:

However if I'm correct, Liverpool, after Arsenal, is one of the big sides he scores against regularly.

I think he has 8 goals against them including that volley with his back to goal (in 2005?) that carigher still has nighmares about! :lol:

still so sure???

Yes hat trick against QPR and a goal against Barca, hasn't changed the way I feel. I'm 100% certain that if Drogba leaves at the end of this season we will sign a 20million pound striker and won't put all our eggs in the Torres basket. I'd personally still sale him while he has resell value.

Yes hat trick against QPR and a goal against Barca, hasn't changed the way I feel. I'm 100% certain that if Drogba leaves at the end of this season we will sign a 20million pound striker and won't put all our eggs in the Torres basket. I'd personally still sale him while he has resell value.

admire you for sticking with your opinion even though I disagree with it